Vave to Eels?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am far from the authority on all things rugby league
giphy.gif

Siosaia Vave is the only player to appear in every game we've played this season. He's played 13 from the bench and started once.

He has surprised me, I'll admit that. I thought that his selection in round 1 was more Barrett looking after those from his former clubs than anything else (after all, Green, Brown and Koroisau all played as well when many felt there were better options), but he has been good from the bench and his go forward has been useful. The problem is his lack of mobility. He's been exposed in defence a few times, especially by opposition halves and it was shown against Brisbane that he doesn't have the pace to start against fresh legs. He is also prone to the odd brain explosion that makes him think he can pass and kick. Arthur Beetson he is not.

He's leading our offloads by a long way with 16, the next best is Marty Taupau with 11. Off the bench he is 3rd in runs and run metres for the team behind the Turbos. He's also only made one error.

Defensively he has only missed 12 tackles, less than 1 per game while making 232. Unfortunately that doesn't count how many times players have been able to step or simply speed past him which is a legacy of the lack of mobility that comes with a 120 kg frame.

I think he's one we probably should keep. Not a starter but very useful off the bench.

We 'poached' Lyon, Wolfman, buhrer, Jorge, hodkinson, t-rex, even Witt according to the media so maybe they think it's vengeance or a compliment but I won't be too flattered if they take Vave.
Great team player, plays his role well.
I still feel like like the eels are kidding themselves, but I do worry about what bozo will do next.. :sweating:

Vaves has been good. But if his exit means AFB or Knight can play every game next year. It's one of the better decisions Bozo has made for a while.

Lets prepare for the next decade. Vaves has one or two good year left in him and that's if he doesn't beef too much again.

The other two kids will only belong in first grade by then if we invest games in them.

We need this.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7