Val Holmes and the NFL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Val Holmes has given up his dream of playing in the NFL and will suit up back in rugby league for the Cowboys in 2020.
Reports emerged in News Corp papers overnight that Holmes is poised to meet with Cowboys coach Paul Green in New York tonight.
But Wide World of Sports has learned that Holmes has already agreed in principle to join the Cowboys on a contract worth around $1 million.

When the going gets tough - quit

What do these guys expect, you have millions of guys in the US who have grown up playing football since they were knee high and only a small percentage of them make the big time

You get blow ins from the nrl who think they can just stroll straight in to top level football - crazy

When the going gets tough - quit

What do these guys expect, you have millions of guys in the US who have grown up playing football since they were knee high and only a small percentage of them make the big time

You get blow ins from the nrl who think they can just stroll straight in to top level football - crazy
Probably better odds to make it as a kicker. Carli Lloyd (US women's soccer team) was recently discussed as a potential cross code convert:
Carli Lloyd received 'pretty serious' offers from teams
When you consider that the median wage is 1 Million US and the skillset is very similar, I'm surprised we haven't seen more League and Union converts like we do with (AFL) punters.

Wonder if this might put an end to the dreamers in the NRL who think they can make it over there??
Hopefuls who didn’t go to High school and/or college are at a huge disadvantage but punters are the exception, the Seahawks and 49ers both have Aussies punters in their squads. There’s an academy in Melbourne that trains them for the NFL.

Hopefuls who didn’t go to High school and/or college are at a huge disadvantage but punters are the exception, the Seahawks and 49ers both have Aussies punters in their squads. There’s an academy in Melbourne that trains them for the NFL.
Two of my relatives (by marriage) from Melbourne became punters for US Colleges, one in Wyoming and the other in California. At times the brothers played before crowds of 100,000. How do you expect that experience to be for 18-year-old kids who had previous played AFL at school before a handful of spectators? Neither got drafted to the NFL but both received free education and fancy degrees and are now working at good jobs in the USA.
It is mindblowing to think that a college competition is so mammoth.

Two of my relatives (by marriage) from Melbourne became punters for US Colleges, one in Wyoming and the other in California. At times the brothers played before crowds of 100,000. How do you expect that experience to be for 18-year-old kids who had previous played AFL at school before a handful of spectators? Neither got drafted to the NFL but both received free education and fancy degrees and are now working at good jobs in the USA.
It is mindblowing to think that a college competition is so mammoth.

It...is...huuuuuge!

It's one thing I noticed over here, massive support for all levels. Basically from 16 years +

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4