Utility.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
So with the departure of Glenn Stewart to the bunnies at the end of this season what do you lot of Ironstines suppose will happen with the bench?

Buhrer has earned his starting spot in my opinion so does Jayden Hodges get a crack at the utility role preparing him for the departure of Matt Ballin or do we go with 4 bigger forwards and no actual utility?

Surely it will be JLJ - he can play in the halves, forwards and is a goal kicker. :)

In fact, we have no backup goal kicker to Killer as Matai's limbs are taped on before each game :(

This Ironstine is lucky to focus on the match on Friday so trying to think about next season, especially with the 'implosion' tipped by the media in the off season, is a futile exercise.

Maybe Chase Blair.
He's big enough to be a forward, fast enough to be a back.
Buhrer, Lyon & Hiku can cover the halves.
This leaves Gutho as the top ranked cover for any backline injuries. I'd actually like to see Gutho in the team now, there's just nowhere to put him if everyone's fit. He may be the spark we need.

HappilyManly said:
Surely it will be JLJ - he can play in the halves, forwards and is a goal kicker. :)

In fact, we have no backup goal kicker to Killer as Matai's limbs are taped on before each game :(

DCE

The Who said:
This Ironstine is lucky to focus on the match on Friday so trying to think about next season, especially with the 'implosion' tipped by the media in the off season, is a futile exercise.

Look, I know you're trying really hard to be funny here but for once I am trying to conduct a serious conversation with serious people. No clowns allowed buddy! lol

DCE :huh:

Sid has been carrying a groin injury all year. Was forced to kick with his left leg to save the right one for the GF :angel:

Not since the days of the Stranger have we carried an extra dummy half on the bench. Our utility tends to be a backrower that can cover centre, ie Fuhrer or T-Red basically. I don't expect that will change next year unless the game itself changes with new rules or interpretations. Buhrer can cover hooker if Ballin is injured.

I expect that side will be

Backs as per this year with Blair and Morrissey as outside back depth. JLJ as halves depth.

BJ
Ballin
Starling
Choc
Horo/T-Red
Buhrer

Lui
T-Red/Horo
JSL
One of Hasson/Andrews/Sao/Turbo/other soon to be announced signing

I said utility, not dummy half/hooker.

Buhrer has played the Mr fix it role for a few seasons now.

agree DCE to be back up kicker next year.
as for bench utility I dont see the need for one with Lyon Symonds and Buhrer all on the field to cover center, halves and hooker between them. We just need forwards on the bench or rotate players like Symonds and Burher on the bench.
If it was imprtant 2V would be doing it now in my opinion.

We'd better make Hoppa jnr jnr or Liam Knight the bench utility or they will go elsewhere...............................

Stevo said:
I said utility, not dummy half/hooker.

Buhrer has played the Mr fix it role for a few seasons now.

When you mentioned Hodges that's what I assumed. I don't see Hodges as being able to offer any other value other than 9. He's too small for back row and I don't see him covering any backline positions TBH. JLJ has more chance in that department, at least he can cover some backline spots and would probably make an alright fist of 9, not sure on the defensive workload though.

Blake Leary could come onto the bench. Also if Chee Kam has an injury free off season then he has to grab a spot or it could be bye bye.

I'll put my hand up as Mr fixit. I can do carpentry, plumbing, painting, plastering and most handyman activities as well as being fairly handy with computers too.

Surely Sao or Jake T will play next year - both can play back row and front row.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6