Announcement Upcoming Server Move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

it's that time again, time for us to move servers. I was able to salvage a bunch of diskspace but with that said we still are running on fumes in terms of diskspace and whilst resizing is an option we also have the option of moving to a new server with a bit more space and grunt.

I have run all the tests and we are able to do that and I have a sample running over there.

At some point in the next 2 weeks or so we are going to have to shut down the site for a few hours whilst we move all the data (there is a lot) that process can take up to 6 hours and then we can switch over.

In doing so we kind of have a few choices.

I can pick a point in time and say right I am taking a snapshot here and we are moving to the new server, no posts after that point in time will be migrated over to the new server but you can post here until the server move is complete and the DNS switched over.

Another way we could do it is take the snapshots, put the site in maintenance mode and transition across meaning we pickup from where we left off just a few hours later. In all the downtime shouldn't be too long and I can try to do it at a time when everyone is doing other things.

Would like to hear your preferences.

Dan

Hi All,

it's that time again, time for us to move servers. I was able to salvage a bunch of diskspace but with that said we still are running on fumes in terms of diskspace and whilst resizing is an option we also have the option of moving to a new server with a bit more space and grunt.

I have run all the tests and we are able to do that and I have a sample running over there.

At some point in the next 2 weeks or so we are going to have to shut down the site for a few hours whilst we move all the data (there is a lot) that process can take up to 6 hours and then we can switch over.

In doing so we kind of have a few choices.

I can pick a point in time and say right I am taking a snapshot here and we are moving to the new server, no posts after that point in time will be migrated over to the new server but you can post here until the server move is complete and the DNS switched over.

Another way we could do it is take the snapshots, put the site in maintenance mode and transition across meaning we pickup from where we left off just a few hours later. In all the downtime shouldn't be too long and I can try to do it at a time when everyone is doing other things.

Would like to hear your preferences.

Dan
Keep doing what you having been doing best over the years feathered freind

Whatever's easiest for you and it sounds like the 2nd option. Ideally perhaps not the 12th (Allstars game), 18th (Trial) or 25th (Trial) but ultimately it's what works best for you.

Much appreciate all that you do, thanks @Dan

Due to current world wide supply chain issues (fml)...

Premium and tipping comp members will have access to a sub-server setup while data is exported to its new housing system.

Non premium members are expected to re-gain access around week 3.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10