Unknown and old Manly players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Agilas77

Rookie
Any info about former players like Mark Brokenshire, Michael Pechey, Mat Guberina and Dave Warry like junior club and high school attended etc.

Remember these players well but don’t know much about their backgrounds.

Matt Guberina came from rugby and played a fair few games for Warringah Rats prior to joining the Sea Eagles.

Brokenshire played a few seasons with us before going to the Dogs in the early 90's, I think he came from up the coast.
Pechey came to us from the Broncos around 25 years ago, didn't play much first grade with us, a very powerful winger from memory.
Guberina owns a car dealership on the Northern Beaches, Mercedes I think, didn't play much first grade

last time i noticed Dave Warry in footy was him captain coaching a i st grade side in the Sunshine coast quite some years ago after his brief Manly stint . Recall that Brokenshire played some pretty solid footy at the Dogs , probably an example of a prop getting to a much better level in his mid to late 20 's and after not quite reaching his potential previously at Manly . [ from the Newcastle region originally i think ] Guberina seemed to fit the preferred Bozo option of a big , mobile type forward and played a little bit of i st grade from memory but plenty of competition as well at Manly for forward positions at the time . Though that Mick Pechey played mainly as a centre in the lower grades and stayed around for quite a few seasons , strong runner and quick also from memory but also plenty of competition for i st grade Manly outside back positions at the time .

Mark Brokenshire
Murwillumbah forward, a country rep in 1984 and 1986, played for Salford in 1984-85 before joining Newcastle club Lakes United. Brokenshire then moved to Manly in 1987 but staked his reputation as a mature, experienced prop with C’bury in the early 1990s. At age 34, he was the oldest player on the field in the 1994 grand final but retired after the Bulldogs’ loss to Canberra.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4