University research on fans' views of racism in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
[Post on behalf of Dr Jamie Cleland]

Dear all,

I have admin support to make this post.

I am an academic at the University of South Australia (my details are included at the beginning of the survey) and I am conducting some research on fans’ views of racism in the NRL. To do so, I have constructed an anonymous survey and it should only take a few minutes of your time to complete:

https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_56j56GYzfreMd6u

Completing the survey is voluntary, but I hope you agree it is a topical study and I thank you in advance for your time.

The worst racism I saw at a game was in the 80s when a Pom on the hill hammered Hanley for being black. Everyone was uncomfortable and telling him to shut up, but the Pom kept going hard, telling everyone to fook off.

I can't find the link to the AFL, RU, cricket and soccer surveys. And is 'NRL' meant to be just the NRL or is it the whole sport in Australia?

The worst racism I saw at a game was in the 80s when a Pom on the hill hammered Hanley for being black. Everyone was uncomfortable and telling him to shut up, but the Pom kept going hard, telling everyone to fook off.
The worst I saw was at the Souths demolition of Manly in the semi in 2014. Two young dickheads, clearly pissed, propudly in Souths gear down at the fence giving it to ... their own Indigenous players (!) all first half. It was nasty and really uncomfortable to hear. Not sure why we said nothing, in hindsight I was weak not to. Cousin and I were shell-shocked by the score and left at half-time, but that memory endures

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8