Underwhelming standard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gee I know it's early in the season but there seem to be some fairly mediocre teams this year. Some quite boring games too. I thought after a long off-season I'd like to watch any decent matches but I haven't come across too many, apart from Manly's games.

I wouldn't say it's ours for the taking, but if we stay mainly healthy we must be a very good chance this year.

this round reminds me of a round 17-18 post origin hangover period.

Roosters and Raiders were woeful today
Parra were disgrace
titans rubbish

even the sides winning havent looked good, brisbane for example

hope it improves

I have to say I agree with you SER8.

I thought the standard of the Tigers v Dragons game was terrible too given that they are both fairly highly rated teams (especially the Tigers, who must be the most overrated side in the history of RL).

Agree. The comp is very even as most sides are ****.

Can only see this lot challenging us:

Storm (the three merkins)

Warriors (when they get their act together; slow start last year too)

Queens (great record against us - toweled us up last year)

Tigers (when they get their forwards back)

That's it.

Cows are good but will fade in Sydney like last year.

Golden opportunity to go b2b.

I was expecting this kind of sloppy football in round one where to everyone's surprise it was actually one of the best opening round's in memory...since then the standard has plummeted dramatically, and the dropped balls are atrocious and fast becoming a joke and with AFL starting this week it's time to send a memo to all players to pick up their act.

At the start of the season I thought the tigers were going to be the benchmark, they have been the biggest disappoinment of all the teams thus far closely followed by the warriors and panthers.

Joey said:
I was expecting this kind of sloppy football in round one where to everyone's surprise it was actually one of the best opening round's in memory...since then the standard has plummeted dramatically, and the dropped balls are atrocious and fast becoming a joke and with AFL starting this week it's time to send a memo to all players to pick up their act.

I agree about Round 1. Perhaps it even surprised the teams themselves and they tried to take it up a level before they were ready hence the mistakes. No matter how tight the comp is, there is always going to be terrible performances.

horrible quality of football so far, just woeful.

I think the Rabbitohs will give us a run for our money when we play them, I just have a feeling they will surprise us. They won't go far this season, but I think they will challenge us when we play them

Agree with what has been said.

I thought Learoyd-Lahrs had red hair he was that rusty. Depends what happens to Dugan but Raiders have a good hope of the 8 when it clicks.

Warriors are exciting sometimes but popping a ball every play is going to see them finish mid-ladder.

OneEyedEagle said:
At the start of the season I thought the tigers were going to be the benchmark, they have been the biggest disappoinment of all the teams thus far closely followed by the warriors and panthers.

They wouldn`t even have a win if it wasn`t for that refereeing blunder against Sharks, they would be on the bottom with parra, hahahaa geez those so called pre season experts are on fire with the Tigers as one of the favourites & parra ,both have nothing..

I reckon the Storm might be a bit stronger than a 3 man side. They look a bit better team to me this year.

Widdup and Sika Manu are excellent players. Hoffman and Hinchcliffe are more than handy.

Mind you a serious injury to any of Slater, Cronk and Smith will ruin their season

I realise it's a bit obvious but I think the Cows have a fairly good roster, player talent is evenly distributed across the park and they still have Tariq Sims to come back, maybe not a top 4 but will give a few teams a run for their money.

cowboys a top 4 side IMO.Gun pack with two of the best props going around in Tamou and Scott,deadly backrow with Sims and the other steamroller,Johnson cleaning up in the ruck,Hall and Cooper more than handy.Big plus from last year isThompson is finally showing his ability at 7 and Bowen fully fit.Will win most games at home but Sydney in September is the bogey for them.Would not be surprised at all if we square up against them in GF.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4