Under 19's mens State of Origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, I have no idea. Anyone know who we should be watching from our juniors ?

Should be a good advertisement for Crusher, Fulton, Des ability to spot talent.

I wish they'd have the junior teams (if any), these guys play for on their jerseys.

That Gray's a Manly junior isn't he ? The little fella ? Number 14.

Games starting now if anyone's interested on Foxtel.

We have nobody in either team !
(Apart from 2 reserves who will not play).
Disappointing !!
Also watching replays of old SOO games and we used to have 4 or 5 players in the NSW team consistently in the 80’s and 90’s, and now only 1 (if Turbo was fit 2).
Sign of the times ?

I thought Thompson and Sam Fainu were in the team?

Last edited:
They stated pre-game that pretty well all teams/clubs are represented in the 34 players being used?

Haha, bull****. Are you taking the piss, or is that a legitimate comment ?

They don't even have any juniors yet, do they !
Bostock has been signed by the Dolphins.

Thompson is ours and 18th man for the Blues

It's laughable that Easts have three players in the Queensland Origin team.
Forget about needing to cultivate your own juniors, just play Moneyball for kids.

It's laughable that Easts have three players in the Queensland Origin team.
Forget about needing to cultivate your own juniors, just play Moneyball for kids.
I'm pretty sure they said the 5/8 for NSW was from Palm Beach-Currumbin and is a Titan.
They're in NSW yeah?

The NSW mens halves both looked very good and dominated and both teams had some quality fast paced modern forwards
The bloke Redcliffe signed from Dragons "Bostock" looks a solid player who should get a run next 2 years.
Also disappointed by lack of Manly reps considering we were rated highly in juniors only a year or 2 ago.
I reckon next year at least 2 Fainu bros will make the NSW 17

Last edited:
Looking at the Under 19 teams reinforces just how dominant Pacifica players have become in rugby league. Can someone tell me how far distant a relative can an Australian-born player have in order to play for a Pacifica nation? I imagine it's no further removed than a grandparent. Any more distant a relative and our Australian team will be bereft of players.
And on that note: has anyone considered why Pacific players are so proficient at the rugby codes yet rarely make a top-line soccer or AFL player?

Watched the first half and some very impressive players on show. The bulldogs centre Alamoti, NSW halves (Storm have another goodun in Pezet), and a couple of forwards looked bolted on first graders. Even though they lost a couple of QLD players looked outstanding - the hooker Mozer (Broncos) and the 2nd rower Howarth (Storm).

Got me wondering though where is Latu Fainu. I haven't seen his name since about round 7 in the SG ball and if he is the real deal why is he not part of the U19 SOO set-up? Anyone know.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4