Unbefrigginleivable - Rd 25 versus Titans Monday 1st Sept!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178063.msg192101#msg192101 date=1217925858]
F**k me, can't beleive it

Hope they produce a fair number of these jerseys, i will certainly be purchasing one

What will this announcement be ? I am picking the obvious options, either a statue or the new Stand being named after him

What jerseys K E ?
[/quote]

The ones mentioned by the club

"Celebrations will include a commemorative jersey and a major announcement that will etch Steve Menzies' name into the clubs fabric for eternity … stay tuned!"

DVS Matt link said:
Johns was a better player than Menzies

But not a better person, nor anywhere near as humble as Menzies. Given the choice I'd have Beaver any day over Joe-E.

tentatively booking my flights now, but not happy about it. Having to try to commute from the Northern Beaches to the city on Monday

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=DVS Matt link=topic=178063.msg192192#msg192192 date=1217998139]

Menzies was a better embassador for RL.

By lightyears.
[/quote]

agreed

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=DVS Matt link=topic=178063.msg192192#msg192192 date=1217998139]

But not a better person, nor anywhere near as humble as Menzies. Given the choice I'd have Beaver any day over Joe-E.
[/quote]

agreed + 1

Booked in and coming despite the NRL being assholes

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=178063.msg192131#msg192131 date=1217933598]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178063.msg192101#msg192101 date=1217925858]
F**k me, can't beleive it

Hope they produce a fair number of these jerseys, i will certainly be purchasing one

What will this announcement be ? I am picking the obvious options, either a statue or the new Stand being named after him

What jerseys K E ?
[/quote]

The ones mentioned by the club

"Celebrations will include a commemorative jersey and a major announcement that will etch Steve Menzies' name into the clubs fabric for eternity … stay tuned!"
[/quote]

K E thanks mate

Difficult to now know how 'good' Johns was.  He admits he was drugged up during his playing days so just how good would Beaver be if he was on the same cocktail?  We'll never know because he's a clean living legend, not like Johns, the drugged up scumbag..

DSM5 link said:
Difficult to now know how 'good' Johns was.  He admits he was drugged up during his playing days so just how good would Beaver be if he was on the same cocktail?  We'll never know because he's a clean living legend, not like Johns, the drugged up scumbag..

I see he made the top ten playing with injuries list for the Centenary for his "effort" in the 1997 GF.  He wouldn't have even been on the field without the aid of his admitted cocaine habit.

DSM5 link said:

Since when was the drugs he admits to taking performance enhancing ?

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=178063.msg192219#msg192219 date=1218011860]

Since when was the drugs he admits to taking performance enhancing ?
[/quote]

How do you think he played with injury?  Doped to the gills with cocaine aka codeine.  Probably the equivalent of taking a packet of Panadeine forte (without the paracetemol).

This enhances one's performance by getting one on the field and numbing one's pain while there.  Hence the ability to "play through pain" and increases one's invincibility on the field.

In Viking times there was a group called the "berserkers" (which is where the word comes from) who would take an opiate before their battles and were unbeatable. 

Actually matabele I was watching a show on the History Channel the other day called BattleField detectives and they studied the Battle of Islwanah (spelling?) and Rorkes Rift.  One of the key reasons for the Zulu victory was the 'snuffs' that were provided to the Zulu warriors by their medicine men.  Basically it had similar properties to to that referred to above and allowed the Zulus to maintain their energy & sharpen their reflexes for battle etc.

Also the Bristish rifles which produced too much smoke (thus making it hard to shoot accurately), a lunar eclipse and the fact the British troops were badly positioned didn't help.

PS It had nothing to do with lack of ammunition.

I do not claim I am an expert on drugs and do not have the greatest experience with them, however I know that being massively messed up on Coke would hinder his playing ability. It is also a local anesthetic so would not have any impact on any other areas of pain in fact it would probably highlight them more.

I am not defending the guy I just don't see the point in spreading mis-information

Sorry Mata but thats rubbish. Cocaine is not a performance enhancing drug.

It may increase stamina and mindset but as far as coordination is concerned, forget about it.

The Wheel link said:
Actually matabele I was watching a show on the History Channel the other day called BattleField detectives and they studied the Battle of Islwanah (spelling?) and Rorkes Rift.  One of the key reasons for the Zulu victory was the 'snuffs' that were provided to the Zulu warriors by their medicine men.  Basically it had similar properties to to that referred to above and allowed the Zulus to maintain their energy & sharpen their reflexes for battle etc.

Also the Bristish rifles which produced too much smoke (thus making it hard to shoot accurately), a lunar eclipse and the fact the British troops were badly positioned didn't help.

PS It had nothing to do with lack of ammunition.

That and the British quartermaster pissed off with the keys so they ran out of ammo.

Sorry Doug and Dan, but there is little doubt that an analgesic was probably largely responsible for Johns playing with a punctured lung ........

Pretty obvious Macdougall was juiced on the day too.

So if any Manly players have ever played with needles to get through a game, do you consider them performance enhancing as well mata ?

Needles to get through the game?, it's the others that matter.  In 97 half the Newcastle team were on roids, and you can't deny that the Johns boys would have been in the thick of it. Anyway I'm of the the game, go eagles.

Yes DSM

If you can't play without whatever substance is inside the needle, are they performance enhancing ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8