unanswered questions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gutherson looks the goods at fullback. I like the way he chimed into the backline to put Matai over against the Cowboys, and he backed up nicely to take the ball off Taufua for a try in the same game.

I also remember a pretty impressive kick return against the Dogs at Brookie to put Foran over; he is certainly a prospect!

Mark from Brisbane said:
cherry_poppins said:
Cliffy said:
Blair is the man on the wing for mine. He's tall and takes the kicks that Horhey shuts his eyes on. He may not have blinding speed but he finds the line. His size make him another Forward with the all run meters bringing the ball back.

Gutherson may not have blistering speed, but he did enough this year to warrant a spot on the wing.

I have Hiku playing fullback with Snake moving on.

It may not be the quickest back 3 in the comp, but its pretty tall and strong all the same.

Hiku has the least powerful run I've ever seen

He will not be a fullback

Agree, best position for him is centre.

Gutho to fullback ( if no Snake)

People keep comparing him with Matai at that age

Who better to replace him one day

Happy birthday, Elvis;
You're not really dead.
It's a lie, it's just a crock,
Something some people said.
I heard a cassette of you speaking
On a telephone;
From a bunker beneath Brookie,
The king sits on his throne.

Happy birthday, Elvis;
Seventy-eight years old today.
It isn't true, you didn't die,
No matter what they say.
The colonel just decided
You should drop out of sight
After the Grand Final
The timing was just right.

Happy birthday, Elvis;
You're alive in Gods country
They took away the body,
But who the hell was he?
Who was that tall fat man
They buried in your place?
Just another imitator;
Plastic surgeons did his face.

Happy birthday, Elvis;
You still love football.
Somebody said she spotted you
In Warringah mall.
Check out the checkout counters;
Read what the papers says
Aliens abducted you,
But somehow you got away.

Happy birthday, Elvis;
I for one will not shed tears.
You'll be back for Manlys premiership;
That'll be next year

And if you're blue and lonely,
Pick up that telephone,
Down in that bunker beneath Brookvale,
The king sits on his throne.

cherry_poppins said:
Chubblo said:
Snake said:
Pablo said:
I don't get the interest in Packer. Why are clubs chasing him? Hardly set the world on fire. It's a bad sign for available talent if that douche is considered a desirable option.

He is massive, he is angry, and he will have a point to prove. He also won't break the bank; I think that's why clubs are chasing him.

He's also an absolute disgrace to the game considering his record and would be a better fit at the Scumdogs. I seriously put him in the same boat as Carney and that's saying something.

Same boat

Lol

Pissing in your own stupid mouth is nothing

Attempting to kill someone is Inglis and Robert lui like scum

I meant that they've both brought the game into disrepute in their own way. Future generations will be watching A-League.

Chubblo said:
cherry_poppins said:
Chubblo said:
Snake said:
Pablo said:
I don't get the interest in Packer. Why are clubs chasing him? Hardly set the world on fire. It's a bad sign for available talent if that douche is considered a desirable option.

He is massive, he is angry, and he will have a point to prove. He also won't break the bank; I think that's why clubs are chasing him.

He's also an absolute disgrace to the game considering his record and would be a better fit at the Scumdogs. I seriously put him in the same boat as Carney and that's saying something.

Same boat

Lol

Pissing in your own stupid mouth is nothing

Attempting to kill someone is Inglis and Robert lui like scum

I meant that they've both brought the game into disrepute in their own way. Future generations will be watching A-League.

The game where riots are par for the course? Good luck with that

I think we need some accurate perspective here of what was achieved this year.

We finished equal first with the front row and forwards who everyone seems to think are in need of replacement! Surely that's not a bad effort from a supposed bunch of amateurs if you've read most of the posts about what we need to improve.

Come the finals we had four of our six starting forwards injured or suspended for the final/s (okay Gift was out from April). What team could ever hope to achieve much in the finals with that scenario? Yet, with what we had we still won more games than 14 other teams and yet we are called light weight up front etc etc. and barring a ref's call we probably would have beaten the Panthers again to make the GF.

Yes, we were run all over by Souths in the last two games we played against them and the Bullodogs in our last round against them, but not in the finals, except for the first half. We should have won, but for a Pink jersey error!

I think Turbojet and maybe Sao will prove revelations in 2015 and i predict that Turbojet will be playing for NSW in 2016, providing his injury is okay. I see he and Woods as the NSW front row for a lot of years coming.

With regards to the backs, Hiku has already shown his potential in the finals last year at fullback. He may not be the quickest, but he is deceptive. His defence is strong and he is reasonably safe under the high ball, but for his height, and in real terms the high ball into the in goal is a lottery anyway. It's up to the close in defenders to put pressure on the kicker to negate an accurate kick, just like they did against the Bulldogs when Reynolds kicked the ball into the ref (an absolute travesty and don't you bet unless the rule is changed, this will be a new tactic in 2015 and why wouldn't you). He has good hands, can pass left or right so is a good distributor of the ball and i think he can kick with both feet (not sure on this one).

I agree that his best position for Hiku will probably be centre and after Lyon retires, you'll probably see Gutherson in the centres as well, with JT at fullback or JT at 5/8 and Gutherson at Fullback, if Foran flies the coup. I don't see JLJ in the picture really.

I agree with previous posts that Jorge was playing injured and obviously lost his confidence and it will come back in pre-season and he'll return a better player.

There were quite a few of the new guys on one year contracts last year so who knows who will be staying of them.

Clearly there is a split in the group even though there have been denials and it appears Foz is torn between the groups. He's played a lot of years with the guys in one group but admires those in the other group and has befriended them. Who knows?

I really hope Foz stays and sees the benefit of playing with DCE and hopefully relationships with other NZ players like Hiku and other potential NZ players as a benefit, who nare at Manly, but time will see.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6