Un believable but true- i think

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Has anyone really thought about what a truley great song Eagle Rock is?

let me tell a quick story- I was on the farm driving a tractor in the paddock when I thougt I need some cheering up-On goes the stereo with Eagle Rock nice and loud-

Low and behold,all the cows I was chasing just stopped and turned around once and their tails started swaying to the music-****,I thought,lets put it up louder-

Next thing you know,the birds had stopped and were all moving fine in the trees and were dancing on the branches-

Fair dinkum-I was onto some thing-Up it goes full tilt and bugger me if all the sheep didn't give me a sign and start doing the eagle rock -

The roos and foxes all came steppin out-then they turned around-they turned around once and started doing it too_Oh momma-they were looking fine.

If that wasn't enough-the clouds began to come on fast and come on slow and they opened up and it rained for the first time for weeks.I jumped out of the tractor ran down to my crops picked some buds and thought what you do to me.

I thought to myself-Now listen,no wonder our players just love hearing this song played as they begin steppin out for battle and it reminded me to play it loud more often and tell the world that Eagles really do rock.

Not sure if appropraite but I went and had a leak on a rabbitt warren and decided we would eat our rooster that night.

My advice is
Open the window-play the song loud to any one that can hear within 2km and yell GO MANLY

Go manly-keep up the forum-don't get too serious with each other and see you at brookie for the first game against the sham

Amen brother. Great post!
I was driving in the car 2 days ago. Was in an average mood for whatever reason. I flicked onto WSFM and bang, Eagle Rock was on. Cranked the volume loud and thereafter i had a smile from ear to ear - my sunny disposition had been restored - all due to the Eagle Rock

Don't read this thread then!!!

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/thread-29213.html

That guy's crazy!

Say it aint so GE - just the first few bars of the song 'puts me in a happy place' :D

You have to get to Brookie and hear the True Belivers, young and old, shouting it out :idea:

I believe the Eagle Rock has growth, healing and regenerative qualities. The opening guitar riff is instant nirvana/heaven/hard on material

HappilyManly said:
Say it aint so GE - just the first few bars of the song 'puts me in a happy place' :D

You have to get to Brookie and hear the True Belivers, young and old, shouting it out :idea:

Well....as the thread says....I'm working on it. :(:cool::-/:-/:-/:exclamation::blush:

(damn hippies)

There are two things we manly men love.

Eagle Rock by Daddy Cool
And also beaver

Eagle Rock came out when I was young and it's been judged one of the best top five songs of all times.

When we win (especially against Melbourne, Easts, Souths) I put it in the CD player, I turn it up loud and attempt to sing along with it much to the annoyance of all but one of my neighbours who is also a Manly fan. :D

Anyway it's the end of a very long week "now listen I am stepping out, I'm gonna turn, I'm gonna turn around once" and play eaglerock on long commute home today.

All I can say is "good old eaglerock is here to stay and I'm just crazy about the way she moves doing the eaglerock rock rock." :p

Daddycool08 said:

Eagle Rock by Daddy Cool And also beaver Eagle Rock came out when I was young and it's been judged one of the best top five songs of all times.

When we win (especially against Melbourne, Easts, Souths) I put it in the CD player, I turn it up loud and attempt to sing along with it much to the annoyance of all but one of my neighbours who is also a Manly fan. :D

Anyway it's the end of a very long week "now listen I am stepping out, I'm gonna turn, I'm gonna turn around once" and play eaglerock on long commute home today.

All I can say is "good old eaglerock is here to stay and I'm just crazy about the way she moves doing the eaglerock rock rock." :p

well funny you should say that, I was reading about Daddy Cool Years ago as they are one of my favourite bands, I have also done a lot of reading about old Blues Hillbilly Country and Rockabilly so I had a pretty good understanding of what The Eagle Rock is in Blues slang even before I heard Daddy Cool, have a read of this article and it will explain a lot
http://www.hubbyco.com/blog/2012/Mar/07/do-the-eagle-rock-by-daddy-cool/
so like every red blooded Manly Male I also love doing the Eagle Rock

Good find mate. It makes sense now. I knew it wasnt as simple as being about a killer football team dominating all the time.

"Doing 'the eagle rock' is also a metaphor for sexual intercourse."

You certainly deserved a like for that. Now in my imagination every farm animal I drive past is going to be Eagle Rocking. Can only be a good thing when you live where I do.

hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
Daddycool08 said:

Eagle Rock by Daddy Cool And also beaver Eagle Rock came out when I was young and it's been judged one of the best top five songs of all times.

well funny you should say that, I was reading about Daddy Cool Years ago as they are one of my favourite bands, I have also done a lot of reading about old Blues Hillbilly Country and Rockabilly so I had a pretty good understanding of what The Eagle Rock is in Blues slang even before I heard Daddy Cool, have a read of this article and it will explain a lot

Welcome back mate. It's been a while :)

meh, you guys only like it for it's Manly connection. As a song, it blows chunks ...as every red bloodied manly male who isn't over 100 years old will tell you.

globaleagle said:
meh, you guys only like it for it's Manly connection. As a song, it blows chunks ...as every red bloodied manly male who isn't over 100 years old will tell you.

Nope, I'm a red bloodied manly male who isn't over 100 years old and I liked it when it first came out in 1971 which was way before Manly even started to use it. The Manly connection now just makes it even better and makes me think of those Grand Final wins, especially the 2008 40 - Nil thrashing of the Storm :)

niccipops said:
You certainly deserved a like for that. Now in my imagination every farm animal I drive past is going to be Eagle Rocking. Can only be a good thing when you live where I do.

you must have a very vivid imagination Miss Nici :p:p:p

Jethro said:
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
Daddycool08 said:

Welcome back mate. It's been a while :)

Thank Ya, I am more of a reader nowadays as I am setting up a new Business and trying to collate my Music Collection, so that I know where to find stuff

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2