Uate appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reborn Uate ready to soar

HE may be about to turn 30, but Akuila Uate says he feels like a little kid again.

After nine seasons and over 100 tries for Newcastle, Uate has made the switch to Manly over the summer.

And despite the first-up loss to the Eels, Uate is loving the change.

“It has been great for me – it has really freshened me up,” Uate says.

“The new team has been really good in the pre-season and it’s probably what I needed – I feel like a kid again.
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/reborn-uate-ready-soar/

This guy has always played his best football when happy and confident and he is both at the moment.

His leg speed and strength along with Jorge to get the dirty work done out of dummy half within our own red zone is immense and I think I, along with most on here can appreciate the effort this guy is putting in after we as a club have provided him with a chance to recapture the form that had him play for NSW and Australia.

Well done Akuila.

Uate surprised on the upside! Good on him. Thought he played well and certainly much better than I expected. Nice first hit out.
Must admit that I was horrified that Manly had signed him.

Uate is proving the old adage of 'Player refinds form with a change in Club':clap:

I get he drops a few balls , but what he brings to the team far outweighs this. He and jorge look determined to be very involved in manlys fo forward.

He really makes the other team work hard to get him to ground. His smile is infectious .

So with kelly killing it, the wingers on fire. And parker supposed to be the shining light does parker just have to live behind the pack and wait for injury or do people still see him as part of our strongest line up.

A question , not being smart arse this time. I just havnt seen enough of parker,

I get he drops a few balls , but what he brings to the team far outweighs this. He and jorge look determined to be very involved in manlys fo forward.

He really makes the other team work hard to get him to ground. His smile is infectious .

So with kelly killing it, the wingers on fire. And parker supposed to be the shining light does parker just have to live behind the pack and wait for injury or do people still see him as part of our strongest line up.

A question , not being smart arse this time. I just havnt seen enough of parker,
I don't see him cracking the squad at the moment. These two are too vital to our go forward.

Uate and Jorge have been huge. Jorge is basically an extra front tower playing on the wing. His go forward for us has been massive. Aku is becoming a household fav here. I didn't bag the signing but wasn't overly thrilled by it. They have both been key players in both our wins.

Uate and Jorge have been huge. Jorge is basically an extra front tower playing on the wing. His go forward for us has been massive. Aku is becoming a household fav here. I didn't bag the signing but wasn't overly thrilled by it. They have both been key players in both our wins.
Yeah, Jorge doesn't have his own appreciation thread but he was phenomenal against the Dogs. Every run had serious intent and he was dragging defenders with him left, right and centre. Thought he was great, as was Uate.

Both wingers have been powerhouse and at times, given our pigs time to get their energy back, plus got the team on a momentum roll....does Cherry look better on the back of it....Yes...back to his best.
Uate scored that last try from the perfectly executed DCE grubber and took the opportunity perfectly - had done all the hard Yakka leading up to this moment and was rewarded...can see a new cult favourite on this form.

*appreciates*

Good to see him look so happy.

Happy to see him go looking for work.

Works because Walker rarely passes.

I was gutted when we signed him/swapped him for Buhrer, still sad about losing Buhrer but happy to admit Uate has been a lot better than I thought he would be. As long as Uate continues like this happy to admit I was wrong

Really sorry to ask this, but does anyone know how I could screen shot Uate smiling like a viper after that last try? I'm really wanting that as my avatar !! I hit print screen on the highlights, but it's all fudgy, and I don't have word to play with it.

Damn my technology skills. Damn them to hell.

1490429321427.jpg

I love that photo above ^
It's good to know the team get another week in this jersey too because they appear to enjoy playing in it.
Uate has definatley rediscovered inspiration by a change of clubs and what's most pleasing is watching the boys look closer and happier.
The comradarie appears back.
Jorge is really feeding off Aqu's influence and perspective. They enjoy out scooting and out working eachother and it's a great sign that Jorge mightn't have to change clubs to be shown and advised not to waste his chances. Looks like the wingers have bonded with eachother and brought every player in between them closer. Each week the wingers and team confidence look stronger, keep them in there, something special seems to be happening.
And welcome back Chez!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4