Two ways refs should change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2 good points.

Maybe we need MORE touch judges! They could actually police the 10 metres and help out with an overview regarding the dropped balls.

OK, yeah nah nah nah.

But I agree...refs get into a way of thinking that dropped balls always go forward so it's an instinctive reaction to seeing one.

Letting the game flow doesn't seem to be their style either.

And what the hell is a zinger black?? *googles*
I read that as. Zinger, black goggles.
And thought that's a bit racist and not like GE at all lol

Fair point, but if you police 'markers not square' more heavily, you also need to police 'walking off the mark'. This also happens numerous times every game, and 9/10 times the marker, who is making every attempt to hold the mark and stand square-on, is penalised. The tackled player either moves sideways, thereby making the markers 'not square' even though THEY are actually holding the correct mark, or they just crawl or bulldoze forward off the mark and get the tacklers pinged for interference in the play the ball - again, when they're just trying to hold the correct mark.

As you can probably tell, it's one of my pet hates!

The "marker not square" penalties when the attacking player has walked off the mark are my pet hate as well. Inglis is the master at getting penalties this way, but it seems many other players have now taken his lead and it is much more prevalent this year.

The refs seem reluctant to award penalties against the attacking team, which is understandable as in many cases it is not obviously a deliberate act of the attacking player - it is sometimes just where he ends up after untangling the defence.

Maybe a solution would be for the refs to have an option to tell "off the mark", in which case the markers are entitled to be wherever they want and they would usually then end up smashing the dummy half.

If the player steps off the mark and the dummy half takes advantage then that would be a penalty against the attacking team.

Fair point, but if you police 'markers not square' more heavily, you also need to police 'walking off the mark'. This also happens numerous times every game, and 9/10 times the marker, who is making every attempt to hold the mark and stand square-on, is penalised. The tackled player either moves sideways, thereby making the markers 'not square' even though THEY are actually holding the correct mark, or they just crawl or bulldoze forward off the mark and get the tacklers pinged for interference in the play the ball - again, when they're just trying to hold the correct mark.

As you can probably tell, it's one of my pet hates!
But what would GI do? Surely this wouldn't apply to him.

The "marker not square" penalties when the attacking player has walked off the mark are my pet hate as well. Inglis is the master at getting penalties this way, but it seems many other players have now taken his lead and it is much more prevalent this year.

The refs seem reluctant to award penalties against the attacking team, which is understandable as in many cases it is not obviously a deliberate act of the attacking player - it is sometimes just where he ends up after untangling the defence.

Maybe a solution would be for the refs to have an option to tell "off the mark", in which case the markers are entitled to be wherever they want and they would usually then end up smashing the dummy half.

If the player steps off the mark and the dummy half takes advantage then that would be a penalty against the attacking team.

Remember a couple of years ago they were occasionally calling 'shortening the 10' when a player walked off the mark? Inconsistent as always, but you could occasionally hear the refs saying it on TV. Seems like that's disappeared now and the tackled player can do whatever he likes and the markers are expected to back away so as not to get tangled up in the play the ball. It's crap.

Maybe the marker should stick an arm up touch footy style to make it crystal clear to the officials that he's holding the mark?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2