Two different Leagues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
From the first round already it’s clear It’s Storm South’s Roosters Panthers Raiders ( very wealthy club which is not well known) and forget the rest this year. It’s daylight.Some of the scores will be scary this year such is the class difference.

Eels Knights maybe nuisance value at most.

The big 5 have the best players, the most money and employ coaching staff that recognize it’s a new game that is being played and recruit and train accordingly.Parra , Broncos and Canterbury have cash but are basket cases but at least have a hope..God help the rest.

Gap will just get wider. Plenty of teams won’t see finals footy for a long time I’m afraid. Welcome to the world of the haves and have nots. Mere survival will replace a top eight spot as the main goal as supporters drop off.

Something needs to change but it won’t.Draft woukd help but there is not the good will towards the game as a whole as opposed to self interest for that to happen.

Last edited:
From the first round already it’s clear It’s Storm South’s Roosters Panthers Raiders ( very wealthy club which is not well known) and forget the rest this year. It’s daylight.Some of the scores will be scary this year such is the class difference.

The big 5 have the best players, the most money and employ coaching staff that recognize it’s a new game that is being played and recruit and train accordingly.Parra , Broncos and Canterbury have cash but are basket cases but at least have a hope..God help the rest.

Gap will just get wider. Plenty of teams won’t see finals footy for a long time I’m afraid. Welcome to the world of the haves and have nots. Mere survival will replace a top eight spot as the main goal as supporters drop off.

Something needs to change but it won’t.Draft woukd help but there is not the good will towards the game as a whole as opposed to self interest for that to happen.

Yep, I posted as much last week.

There’s a top 5 ( you’ve named them) and then a couple that will make up the 6/7 position , with 8th spot a toss up but are meaningless really.

The rest , cannon fodder just to help get 8 games and TV dollars in.

Nothing will change for years and is a reflection of exactly how the English “ super league “ plays out.

There’s only ever about 3, maybe 4 sides that win over there.

We are now the same ( as in NRL).

Surely the Broncos won't be down for too much longer.
They’ll be fine.

Manly
Wests
Sharks
Dragons
Cowboys
Titans
Knights
Warriors

Good luck. They’ll need it.

Eels and Dogs have the cash and with good management can join the others on a regular basis eventually.

Last edited:

The NRL needs to fix up the playing rules. That would be the best way to even up the teams. But they clearly have no idea there is even a problem. Even when the top teams meet, the game will be one sided junk.

Athletes with modern footwork fast teams vs low depth reserve grade level athletes with low footwork and natural ability----the gap widens when the game is all about speed and less restarts.(This is what the fans wished for now you have it)
be careful what you wish for

All the fans I know didn’t wish for it but I think you are right - everything is speed and entertainment these days for younger people.

I think the ten metre rule signalled the eventual end of “ footballers” and the gradual emergence of athletes.Footballing nouse was replaced by the getting over the advantage line at speed.

But here we are. It’s not going to change.Des has ignored the effect of the new rules and it will cost him his job.

Also bring back "pointless scrums" after kicking into touch, it is a reward for a team to find the touch line(the game is all about owning the tempo and rewarding your teams effort when you can, that is the art of the game)---who cares about scrums not offering a challenge.

Go back to the 5m rule,
There would be less holding down and backs would stand deeper = no forwrad passes from the dummy half

That’s an Antony green prediction with less than 1% of the vote counted. But probably correct.

NRL group1 play under new rules
Penrith
Brisbane
Souffs
Roosters
Canberra
Storm
NZ
Eels

Group 2 play old rules.
Manly
Cows
Titties
Drugcastle
Saints
Perth sharkies
Goons
West's

Also could add PNG and Brisbane V2

Good analysis of where the NRL are at.

For Manly going forward the shining light would be the Penns selling the club, they are not putting any extra dollars into the facilities and coaching staff.

The Middle East buyer has a lot more dollars that could project the club into being competitive against the big 5.

NRL rules have not only speeded up the game, but in most games they have speeded up the result. Games are won and lost in the first 20 minutes.

If the NRL were in charge of boxing, their logic would see bouts won by knockout in the first round. How much longer would interest in boxing hold on for?

Its the same with the NRL. The so called new fans they are chasing with speed don't exist. The NRL needs to understand that fans want competitiveness in games and for most of their team's season.

Why support your club with tickets and merch if you know 20 minutes into Rd1 your season is dead with no hope of any change. Then the team, club and fans all turn on each other as lacking heart, having no idea etc etc.

No ones listening at NRL though. They can't even see it.

Good analysis of where the NRL are at.

For Manly going forward the shining light would be the Penns selling the club, they are not putting any extra dollars into the facilities and coaching staff.

The Middle East buyer has a lot more dollars that could project the club into being competitive against the big 5.
I don’t think money is the problem.

Well i use to have 6 mates i could catch up and have a footy bbq night/day with..i now only have 2..the others arent interested in nrl anymore..just have the bbq company and drinks with them now..keeping 5 teams and their fans happy at the expense of 11 teams and their fans will have to eventually go against the nrl
  • No more tpa's......simple
  • Increase salary cap
  • Cap coaching and performance staff

What about the performances of The Worriers?
They have had to play all away matches and remain in a bubble. If any club is a "have not" it's them, yet they continue to show grit and determination.
That's what we want to see from this bunch of blokes playing in the proud maroon-and-white.

What about the performances of The Worriers?
They have had to play all away matches and remain in a bubble. If any club is a "have not" it's them, yet they continue to show grit and determination.
That's what we want to see from this bunch of blokes playing in the proud maroon-and-white.
I actually think this has worked well for the warriors. They could never win in NZ so something has clicked for them. It also didn’t hurt melb last year either. Nz being away has probably galvanized their focus and determination. Something that seemed to lack for a long time. Maybe we need to head into a 26 week camp on Norfolk Island

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8