Turning Points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought you were at the game MissKate. And Berkely_Eagle the team turned up in the bus 2V. I was worried with Cummins refereeing us for the third time this year. He was biased at Bluetongue, and again last night. I can't believe the Telegraphs penalty count was 4 all. They got theirs on the halfway, or thereabouts, and thus got good field position. We got ours deep in our own half. They had 80% possession in the first half and we had to make a huge number of tackles. Lesser clubs would have folded under the pressure, but we didn't, and scored 14 to nil in the second half of the match. A very good effort for a team that was outmuscled in the first half. I would like the Club to question why we are constantly given Cummins as a ref.

clontaago said:
Absolutely the Sharks were more committed which is why I am extremely happy with the result. As I mentioned in another thread, they played probably the best they could and we probably the worst we could and we still only just got beat.

Im not saying we didnt deserve to be beaten, just that if those 2 incidents didnt occur we would have won.

Can't agree with you on Oldfield's pass. He was going flat chat down the sideline and there were at least two Shark's players on his inside as well as snake. Under those circumstances the pass was an excellent one and Snake bombed it. The Bukuya try was another story. He was determined to get to the line and was a real handful - but he had no right scoring that try.

WE were ambushed by a more committed team in the first half but I was pleased with the way we responded in the second half.

Time to move on because it doesn't get any easier next week. Particularly with the injuries we have and the likely suspension of T-Rex.

Cronulla has adopted a flat line attack which enabled a roll on and our defense was on the backfoot all night.
A lot of the short passes from DeGois were forward.

Gorgeous George said:
Can't agree with you on Oldfield's pass. He was going flat chat down the sideline and there were at least two Shark's players on his inside as well as snake. Under those circumstances the pass was an excellent one and Snake bombed it.

It would have been an excellent pass is Snake was 1 foot taller or Inspector Gadget!! I thought it was a silly pass to throw. There were too many Sharks in the road and another one bearing down on Snake even if he had caught it. Oldfield should have pinned his ears back and got as far as he could. If he got tackled I think it was only the third and I think we would have scored off the next play.

If oldy had not thrown it many would have been calling him a hog and off with his head, Pass was ok, snake made a poor attempt, thought live he took his eyes off oldy just as he threw it.

Not sure when the rule changed but snake getting carried back 5m into his ingoal for a drop kick was a big turning point, really hurt our boys that one.

I'm a huge DCE fan, but I question his kicking last night. Several times when we were chasing points he reefed the ball over their dead ball line for a 20-metre restart. The kicks look deliberate to me. What was the thinking behind that tactic when you need the ball to score?

The Who said:
I'm a huge DCE fan, but I question his kicking last night. Several times when we were chasing points he reefed the ball over their dead ball line for a 20-metre restart. The kicks look deliberate to me. What was the thinking behind that tactic when you need the ball to score?

Wet track, not drenched just wet, the ball was sliding instead of sitting up like it otherwise would.

Forwards weren't doing their jobs as well and he had less room to move. All par for the course for that game in my opinion

At 1 point during the game, I heard Snake saying to 1 of the refs that a Sharks players had hold of his jumper when he went for that pass from Oldfield. Haven't seen the replay so can't confirm!

Chip and Chase said:
to me it seemed like the Sharks were getting up off the 10m very quickly. We got pinged for it a couple of times (thanks to the crowd) and hence we began to sit back for fear of more penalties. I felt they got much more latitude with the offside and getting out of marker early.

Yes, I thought that too.

The turning point in the game for me was when Buhrer came onto the field. The whole way that we played from then on was for the better. We seemed to switch on.

Fluffy said:
Not sure when the rule changed but snake getting carried back 5m into his ingoal for a drop kick was a big turning point, really hurt our boys that one.
go to sundays game Warriors V Dogs
The warriors got penalised for exactly the same tackle

Consistency?????????

67th Minute was the only turning point - Manly suddenly started to Play 1st Grade footy.

The positive is that it took Manly 12 minutes to achieve what the Sharks did in 67! And no Referee assists to mention ;)

Lets hope that the fundamentals of playing the ball properly, staying onside and deep enough for the halves to throw their passes will be highlighted by 2V.

JB has to get more game time, wonderfully creative and effective.

We live in interesting times - Manly B2B :angel:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7