Turning Points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
We definitely should have won that game.

1. Michael Olfield only has to throw something resembling a pass to B Stewart and we score and are well and truly back in the game after being dominated early.

2. Tony Williams lets Bukuya go close to the line and he forces his way over.

Those 2 incidents cost us the game. As well as the penalty count in the first half and the fact that just about every 50/50 call in the first half went against us.

The Sharks played almost a perfect game (by their standards) last night and would have beaten most sides with their intensity, however they still struggled to put us away.

*The dropped bomb by the sharks fullback in the first half that was inexplicably called a knock back by the corrupt and inept NRL referees. Deja Vu from the WCC in Leeds.

*Glenn Stewart injuring his finger in Auckland.

*receiving very few, if any, penalties the entire first half. I can't recall any.

Every dumb dropped ball and stupid penalty was a turning point.

Gardner's try off Gallens drop ball is called a knock on anywhere else on the field. T-Rex and Snake were both guilty of giving up on the Bukuya tackle.

I thought Snake was entitled to take that pass from Oldfield, wasn't the best pass but it wasn't a complete shocker either.

Maybe someone at the game watching live can confirm, but to me it seemed like the Sharks were getting up off the 10m very quickly. We got pinged for it a couple of times (thanks to the crowd) and hence we began to sit back for fear of more penalties. I felt they got much more latitude with the offside and geting out of marker early. One of teh advantages of palying at home.

T-Rex giving away possession time and time again, not to mention being penalised several times for being offside.

Clearly our heads were not in that game at all we made ineffective tackle after ineffective tackle. We dropped out of tackles and allowed them to struggle free, we failed to secure the ball and stop the offload and that let them roll through us.

Our heads weren't in the game and theirs were. End of story, can't blame the refs for that

Yes I don't understand why we have been using front rowers as link men

One of those games that happen all the time.Desperate home team against a weary side on a wet night in ****sville.I wont be worrying too much about that performance from the boys.The suspension to Williams is the big worry out of the game.Saints probably get us next week but 2 from 4 from that run of games with injury and suspensions is not a real problem.We have some very winnable matches after next weeks encounter.

I honestly don't think we played that badly. Just goes to show how close the competition is you don't have to be off by much and it will cost you. Our boys still competed for the full 80 minutes and its a trait that will give us win playing to the same standard. Most other teams would have got beaten by 30 last night.

clontaago said:
We definitely should have won that game.

1. Michael Olfield only has to throw something resembling a pass to B Stewart and we score and are well and truly back in the game after being dominated early.

2. Tony Williams lets Bukuya go close to the line and he forces his way over.

Those 2 incidents cost us the game. As well as the penalty count in the first half and the fact that just about every 50/50 call in the first half went against us.

The Sharks played almost a perfect game (by their standards) last night and would have beaten most sides with their intensity, however they still struggled to put us away.

I thought Oldfield's pass was a good one under the circumstances. Snake should have taken it.

The Sharks were a more committed side. Their forwards out muscled ours and they deserved the win.

Absolutely the Sharks were more committed which is why I am extremely happy with the result. As I mentioned in another thread, they played probably the best they could and we probably the worst we could and we still only just got beat.

Im not saying we didnt deserve to be beaten, just that if those 2 incidents didnt occur we would have won.

bones said:
*The dropped bomb by the sharks fullback in the first half that was inexplicably called a knock back by the corrupt and inept NRL referees. Deja Vu from the WCC in Leeds.

This was a clanger. I was right in front of it and couldn't believe it wasn't called. Agree it was a carbon copy of the WCC incident, and just as important.

As for turning points, I believe we would have won the game if Lussick didn't drop it at the end.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Biggest turning point was half time. From then on we ran in the opposite direction.

Tell us when we are supposed to laugh.
Piss poor effort at humor you Gronk

I thought Snake's refusal to commit to making the tackle in the sharks 1st try was disappointing. I'm 99% certain he could have prevented that try.

Maybe someone at the game watching live can confirm, but to me it seemed like the Sharks were getting up off the 10m very quickly. We got pinged for it a couple of times (thanks to the crowd) and hence we began to sit back for fear of more penalties. I felt they got much more latitude with the offside and geting out of marker early. One of teh advantages of palying at home.
[/quote]

Yep, off side most of the game, refs were too busy looking for something to penalise us for to notice

2poo was standing at second marker most of the time he was on and he not once stood square which allowed him to drift across and halt the momentum of the next ball carrier. Good tactic but they should have pinged the sharks for not being square, just as they penalised us.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4