Turning Point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dessy

Reserve Grader
IMO the first half of yeserday's game was the best half Manly have played all year. Totally dominated the opposition. Sure, we probably should have scored one or two more tries, but it didn't really look like the Roosters were going to threaten. Then early in the second half we're attacking at their end of the field, there's an error and they run 90 metres to score. They go to the video ref and it turns out to be an 8 point try. The score is then 14 all and Manly's heads go down and The Roosters have all the momentum. If the video ref was to award a penalty to Manly for the Matai hold back, which has been done before. Then we get a penalty 10 metres out and have a chance to go 20-6 up. From there it would have been tough for the Roosters to mount any sort of a comeback. WOW. This followed by the G. Stewart penalty and it's game over.

I was starting to think we were real premiership contenders 30 mins in. King was inspirational and T-Rex was playing out of his skin.  But then the bad call, and Kite, King and Watmough all going off injured put us in real trouble and we never recovered.

I think the boys will be pretty pissed at how it turned out.  Look for them to take their frustrations out on the Dogs next week.

Totally agree that the Kite incident, which should have left us playing 12 men, followed by two further injuries turned the game. But as an earlier thread noted, we have numerous length-of-the-field tries scored against us.
Remember the first Titans match at Brookie, when we totally dominated, only for the Titans to score two lengthy intercept tries. And again against Canberra at Brookie.

It was the 8 point try that set the team back on it's heels .
Unfortunately , not enough experience in key positions to get their heads back in the game after that .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6