Turbo should go have a chat to Jamie Lyon about priorities

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Turbo sit out origin to focus on his club career?

• Total voters

Raffa

I am one of Tom Trbojevic’s biggest advocates and fan boys. I truly think he is one of the greatest players the game has ever seen and his 2021 season the greatest individual season ever.

But after all these years of injuries and missed appearances, I think my patience with Turbo has worn through. With all due respect, he has achieved nothing in his club career. Despite all his injuries and his outsized salary, Manly has been nothing but loyal to him. Yet he still opts to chase origin glory at the expense of club glory. Once again he will miss a club game (against the Dolphins), and I have no doubt we will lose a game where his presence could be the deciding factor between winning and losing.

I believe a nice long lunch with Jamie Lyon - our captain through one of the clubs most successful periods - is in dire need. Jamie was arguably one of the best players in the game for many years - and fielded pleas from origin selectors every year to help rescue them from QLD domination - but he remained faithful to his ultimate priority which was his club.

Does anybody else feel the same way or just me?

I think Lyon was part of the group that took a pay cut to keep the core group of players together, so that would be a big elephant in the room.
If Turbo quit Origin then making the 8 becomes more probable, but winning the title is out of the question especially with the current team we have.

It's an interesting one. Raiders could easily have lost last night if Papalii and Wighton were missing or even jaded after a big origin game.

In view of the number of games Tommy has missed and the investment the club have made in him, sitting out one origin series wound have been a small pay back to the club.
I agree with this 100%. He doesn’t need to retire from origin but this year with his injury concerns and change of running style was the perfect opportunity to pull out of origin and commit to the club that pays him a million bucks a year.

Instead he misses another game for us which could be crucial in whether or not we make the 8.

We probably beat Newcastle if he plays and would be a much better chance against the Dolphins. That’s 4 points that could be the difference between finals or not.

The main reason for Lyon was not wanting to go into camp and have more time away from his family right.

Manly just got the benefit
I dont know if it was a factor as such but

when he retuned to oz as the man of steel in the UK he was selected for Australia very early. I thought that the press at the time hinted at nepotism in getting him to manly and the oz jerset carrot. Considering the player he was , how he went in the UK and his career there on, those implications were off the mark

not sure that sat well but jamie but his career at manly was immense

not sure if it was part of his decision, but it was sad publicity.
Jamie didnt seem to like good publicity anyway and that was his greatness

the jamie and james of the world are top shelf people.

Not those that abbreviate to jim though ………..there running from who they are, splitters

notable exceptions to the rule. if the ladies call me Big Jim, im cool with that
insert fatty vautin head bobble here, you know it

I am one of Tom Trbojevic’s biggest advocates and fan boys. I truly think he is one of the greatest players the game has ever seen and his 2021 season the greatest individual season ever.

But after all these years of injuries and missed appearances, I think my patience with Turbo has worn through. With all due respect, he has achieved nothing in his club career. Despite all his injuries and his outsized salary, Manly has been nothing but loyal to him. Yet he still opts to chase origin glory at the expense of club glory. Once again he will miss a club game (against the Dolphins), and I have no doubt we will lose a game where his presence could be the deciding factor between winning and losing.

I believe a nice long lunch with Jamie Lyon - our captain through one of the clubs most successful periods - is in dire need. Jamie was arguably one of the best players in the game for many years - and fielded pleas from origin selectors every year to help rescue them from QLD domination - but he remained faithful to his ultimate priority which was his club.

Does anybody else feel the same way or just me?
What would happen to the game if every rep player thought like that?

How noble of him, made that decision after watching game 1 and realising he was 100’s to get a call up anyway, what a dick, could of respected the call had he made it prior to the series.
From the link above:

According to News Corp, Ponga’s text informed Slater that the Knights captain has asked not to be considered for selection for the rest of the series — but still has a strong desire to play for Queensland in the future.

The message was reportedly sent before Broncos fullback Reece Walsh dazzled on debut for Queensland, cementing his spot in the Maroons’ No. 1 jumper.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4