Turbo should go have a chat to Jamie Lyon about priorities

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Turbo sit out origin to focus on his club career?

• Total voters
What would happen to the game if every rep player thought like that?
OK so what do you think would happen?
Or should I say, will happen?
In the last few years there's already been an increasing amount of players opting out.
Whereas years ago it was such a big deal that if they opted out of rep games they could be stood down from their club game.

I think both Tom and Jake should have told Manly to piss off ... and prioritised leading Mona Vale to glory ..
It'd be as close to a premiership as their ever going to get. They'll be in the hall of fame for best players to never win a premiership.

From the link above:

According to News Corp, Ponga’s text informed Slater that the Knights captain has asked not to be considered for selection for the rest of the series — but still has a strong desire to play for Queensland in the future.

The message was reportedly sent before Broncos fullback Reece Walsh dazzled on debut for Queensland, cementing his spot in the Maroons’ No. 1 jumper.
Fair enough, still sounds like it come after the initial selection to overlook him.

I will try to be as succinct as possible

1 - these guys have a short timeline to earn $ to set them up for life
2 - Clubs choose to pay players what the market deems them to be worth, don’t blame the players blame the market
3 - many NRL contracts include incentives including finals, and representative appearance milestones, therefore clubs anticipate and expect players to undertake rep honours should they come around
4 - why begrudge someone reaching their potential and having the honour to represent state and or country?
5 - The guy got hit high and was concussed- why is that his fault?
6 - I have been injured at work and continued to be paid while recovering (per contractual obligations) there was no expectation for me to “pay back” the company I worked for, it was no one’s fault. They didn’t begrudge development opportunities, rather encouraged them as it made me a better member of the business

When people look at this through the lense of employment and put aside supporter passion it is a different perspective

I think he should have stood down from selection this year, as his form has been so inconsistent & it’s obvious he’s not 100% fit.

It wasn’t a good look that he turned up in good form for the Canberra game, just days before the origin teams were selected.

Now that he’ll miss our next game due to concussion sustained in origin, it only compounds the fans’ frustration.

I will try to be as succinct as possible

1 - these guys have a short timeline to earn $ to set them up for life
2 - Clubs choose to pay players what the market deems them to be worth, don’t blame the players blame the market
3 - many NRL contracts include incentives including finals, and representative appearance milestones, therefore clubs anticipate and expect players to undertake rep honours should they come around
4 - why begrudge someone reaching their potential and having the honour to represent state and or country?
5 - The guy got hit high and was concussed- why is that his fault?
6 - I have been injured at work and continued to be paid while recovering (per contractual obligations) there was no expectation for me to “pay back” the company I worked for, it was no one’s fault. They didn’t begrudge development opportunities, rather encouraged them as it made me a better member of the business

When people look at this through the lense of employment and put aside supporter passion it is a different perspective

Most of these guys grow up running around the backyard dreaming of playing for NSW, QLD, Australia, NZ, Samoa Tonga etc ... and most of them would play for nothing ... just the honour ... to suggest they forgo this ... to please some sausage roll munchers is nonsense ..

It is this competitive and aspirational drive that makes them the club players they are ...

But if he played every game in a season for us we are paying him $40-50k per game. He doesn’t play every game so we are paying him more per game than he would earn playing origin

But he still gets his money from Manly whether he plays or is out injured ...

I think he should have stood down from selection this year, as his form has been so inconsistent & it’s obvious he’s not 100% fit.

It wasn’t a good look that he turned up in good form for the Canberra game, just days before the origin teams were selected.

Now that he’ll miss our next game due to concussion sustained in origin, it only compounds the fans’ frustration.
DCE has been doing it for years

remember when he said something along the lines of I hope my team mates poor form doesnt cost me an origin jersey

Tell it to OKU.....opinion based comment

Again speak to the selectors

And what the hell do you mean "it wasn't a good look"????

Are you implying he is holding back for our team? Are you saying that the injection of Schu for that game on form is irrelevant? Sorry this is a stupid post

It wouldn't have been a good look if he turned up in poor form for the Raiders either!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4