Turbo good to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has won nothing other than being the most injured and highest paid.
Eadie, Ridge, Shearer, and Snake all miles ahead of him.
Shannon Nevin went ok I guess!

If a premiership is the criteria then it means no Eels player in the past three decades has been great.
Did I say this is the criteria to being a great player? Or did I point out that when comparing greatness between players, not winning will, in fact, detract from greatness?

Nathan Hindmarsh was a great backrower. When compared with say Choc, who played less rep footy, who makes the best-of line up? The guy who wins.

Turbo, without a premiership, can never compare to guys like Snake, or Eadie

Did I say this is the criteria to being a great player? Or did I point out that when comparing greatness between players, not winning will, in fact, detract from greatness?

Nathan Hindmarsh was a great backrower. When compared with say Choc, who played less rep footy, who makes the best-of line up? The guy who wins.

Turbo, without a premiership, can never compare to guys like Snake, or Eadie
It is a great Honor to play for your club
There is no Greater Honor than to win a Premiership for your club
Tom Turbo is a Great player and deserves to Win a Premiership for Manly

The Greatest Honor and Premiership Winning Glory
1702079392658.png

He has won nothing other than being the most injured and highest paid.
Eadie, Ridge, Shearer, and Snake all miles ahead of him.
Shannon Nevin went ok I guess!
none of those listed won diddly squat without a top team around them.

Drop Turbo into any of those generations and he kills it.

He's never had a great side to take the burden of being the MAN.

and on the flip side put any of those legends in manly 2015 - 2023 and they wouldn't have won anything either.

and on the flip side put any of those legends in manly 2015 - 2023 and they wouldn't have won anything either.
We may have actually won more games- the Wombat and Snake most definitely ahead of Tom at the moment- and more reliable injury wise.

Agree, Turbo circa 2021 was nothing short of phenomenal. Think every Manly fan is waiting for the 2nd coming, could it be season 24. Turbo plays the whole season, maybe minus a few games, we'll be looking at a top 4 finish. Now waiting for incoming flak.

I've seen turbo kill it in SOO often.
I'd like to see him kill it when he plays the top 4 sides. Over the years they've always had his measure and nullified his game.

We may have actually won more games- the Wombat and Snake most definitely ahead of Tom at the moment- and more reliable injury wise.
Eadie was a machine no doubt.
Interesting to compare though, Turbo recently turned 27 and has played 132 games. At the same age Wombat had played 171 and Snake had played 128.

I love snake but from my memory (which can be vague at times) spent a long time on the sidelines as well. He also lost a lot of pace over the years thanks to injury.

In the end it doesn't matter because different players of different generations can never be compared. Yes these guys were amazing at their time but there is no saying their time would work in today's game. Would be the same for dropping Tom back to the 70s with the training and game of that era.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8