Turbo charged career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pray he has come out of that early-career injury storm and he will be reliably fit for the rest of his career, pretty much like what Tedesco went through. Now it's about him leading us in this premiership window we got wide open, he is the key piece and this team will be contending for years to come and he will be the main reason they all grab a premiership or two during this new era. He is made for this game, he is a different beast, he's only going to learn and grow from this finals series along with the rest of the team. Turbo will retire as one of the all-time greats.

Tom now needs 5-7yrs of dominance in the game from now on to leave his mark as one of the greats, it's also not just his natural abilities that have to be on constant display, Tom needs to keep improving his craft and footy IQ to take himself and Manly to the next level constantly and not just rely on his natural talents.

This is what set Smith,Slater and Cronk apart from the rest which elevated both Melbourne,Queensland and Roosters to near unbeatable levels, talent alone in the "professional" era is never enough.
I agree the next 5-10 years actually will define how Tommy will be remembered and ranked amongst the modern day greats. This kids humble personality, demeanor and maturity that we have all seen this year I think will be the same engine to drive him through the next 10 years.....and very successfully so. It's the same demeanor and personality that clearly separates him from the likes of a Hayne or a Barber. That's a a scary thought for all our opposition teams particularly when you consider some of the exciting up and cummers waiting in our junior ranks and already in the side. Tom will need some of these talented kids to step up in order to get through next 10 years at the incredible standard he has set for himself and the team. Should be a great ride for all Eagles supports!!!

Manly's Tom Trbojevic has picked up the RLPA Players' Champion award to sit proudly alongside his Dally M Player of the Year honour a week earlier to underline the fullback's magnificent season.

The prestigious double was last completed by another fullback - Roosters James Tedesco in 2019.

But Trbojevic has set himself apart by becoming the first Manly player to win the RLPA Players’ Champion.

It's also cool that Reuben was voted by his peers into the The Player's 13 Dream Team (as well as the Dally M Team of the Year)

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Brian To’o
3. Justin Olam
4. Joseph Manu
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Cody Walker
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Payne Haas
9. Brandon Smith
10. James Fisher-Harris
11. Isaiah Papali’i
12. Angus Crichton
13. Isaah Yeo

Manly's Tom Trbojevic has picked up the RLPA Players' Champion award to sit proudly alongside his Dally M Player of the Year honour a week earlier to underline the fullback's magnificent season.

The prestigious double was last completed by another fullback - Roosters James Tedesco in 2019.

But Trbojevic has set himself apart by becoming the first Manly player to win the RLPA Players’ Champion.

Also Reuben Garrick selected in the Dream Team, to go along with his Dally M winger award.
These awards would mean a lot to the players because they are judged by the players who are up against them each week.
I suspect Garrick still has a bit more improvement to come because he puts in the hard work and it sure paid off this year.

It's also cool that Reuben was voted by his peers into the The Player's 13 Dream Team (as well as the Dally M Team of the Year)

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Brian To’o
3. Justin Olam
4. Joseph Manu
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Cody Walker
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Payne Haas
9. Brandon Smith
10. James Fisher-Harris
11. Isaiah Papali’i
12. Angus Crichton
13. Isaah Yeo
snap!

I haven't been here for a while either. I shudder to think what Tommy can do with 24 games instead of 15. The man's a freak and once we have the team to set a platform against stronger sides it will be disgusting.

Im looking for him to back it up again next year with a double Dally M. There is nobody else in the comp or in recent memory as single handedly destructive as TT. He is, in my short time watching football, the greatest attacking footballer ive ever seen.

The "Corso race" turned things around for Tom. You could see he took what happened very personally. He felt like he let down the team and the supporters etc.. Which he had of course.

For many thats just lip service. Say sorry etc but thats usually where it ends

But look how Tommy responded.

This incident has turned him into a pure professional off the field. He even gave up the booze for the rest of the season. Thats a big commitment, not even having one or two with the boys after the game.

On field we have seen one of the great seasons from any NRL player.

And we probably have Harry from the Corso to thank for pushing Turbo to new highs.

Im looking for him to back it up again next year with a double Dally M. There is nobody else in the comp or in recent memory as single handedly destructive as TT. He is, in my short time watching football, the greatest attacking footballer ive ever seen.
I've been watching league on and off over a long period of time and I can't disagree. Speed power and smarts.
Next year though every opposition coach and their dogs will be flat out working out ways to slow him down, legally and illegally, so our coaching team must keep coming up with clever ways to utilise his incredible talents.
Just as importantly we'll need the team around him to be even stronger than it was this year (Bullemor sounds like a good start).

I doubt we get 10yrs out of Tom at Fullback, probably 7yrs unless Manly are forced to go with a long term contract to keep Tom at Manly.
He's a one club man same with Jake, there going nowhere. He's 24 now, probably at least another 8yrs, maybe more depending how the body holds up.

I've been watching league on and off over a long period of time and I can't disagree. Speed power and smarts.
Next year though every opposition coach and their dogs will be flat out working out ways to slow him down, legally and illegally, so our coaching team must keep coming up with clever ways to utilise his incredible talents.
Just as importantly we'll need the team around him to be even stronger than it was this year (Bullemor sounds like a good start).
Agreed.
This fixation by opposition teams on Turbo should give our coach and players an opportunity to create 'diversionary' plays. Position Turbo so he looks like he'll be receiving the ball and then swing it the other way where there should be a defensive shortage.
If we can give The Shoe a free reign to play what's in front of him, ala Cliffy, then we should have more than enough attacking weapons to cut teams to ribbons.
If DCE, and others, can practise their kicks, like Cleary and Reynolds, in the off-season we should have most attacking options covered.

He's a one club man same with Jake, there going nowhere. He's 24 now, probably at least another 8yrs, maybe more depending how the body holds up.
My comment was in relation to playing at fullback at the age of 35 or older, i see 32-33 being the limit of effectiveness from the back, maybe the last two years(34-35) he moves around a little postion wise.

At 25 now life goes by so quickly, in saying that if you look at Brett Stewart's first 5yrs or so he did achieve more and had greater impact(all be it with the benefit of a young team on the rise) so basically Tom has to have the same impact for the next 5yrs as Brett's first 5yrs (not including his single appearance in 2003) to be considered the equal or more.

I would say Tom has only achieved value for money status this year only, it's not that Tom was playing poorly before, but injuries along with not really owning and stamping his presence often enough in games has made up most of his career so far.

As soon as Brett came into the squad he made his presence felt big time and consistently, i'm not saying Brett is a better player(Tom has way more upside that is for sure) but in terms of value from the outset Brett is still miles ahead so far.

Agreed.
This fixation by opposition teams on Turbo should give our coach and players an opportunity to create 'diversionary' plays. Position Turbo so he looks like he'll be receiving the ball and then swing it the other way where there should be a defensive shortage.
If we can give The Shoe a free reign to play what's in front of him, ala Cliffy, then we should have more than enough attacking weapons to cut teams to ribbons.
If DCE, and others, can practise their kicks, like Cleary and Reynolds, in the off-season we should have most attacking options covered.
The opportunity to create "diversion" and offer option plays shouldn't require a stand out year to awaken the senses in this regard.

It's Academic: Trbojevic sweeps on- and off-field awards

Dally M medallist Tom Trbojevic's stunning on-field form this season has been matched only by his off-field achievements, with the Manly superstar also named the 2021 NRL Academic Player of the Year.

It is the first time that the same player has won both awards and Trbojevic believes his studies contributed to his brilliant performances for the Sea Eagles and NSW State of Origin team.

My comment was in relation to playing at fullback at the age of 35 or older, i see 32-33 being the limit of effectiveness from the back, maybe the last two years(34-35) he moves around a little postion wise.

At 25 now life goes by so quickly, in saying that if you look at Brett Stewart's first 5yrs or so he did achieve more and had greater impact(all be it with the benefit of a young team on the rise) so basically Tom has to have the same impact for the next 5yrs as Brett's first 5yrs (not including his single appearance in 2003) to be considered the equal or more.

I would say Tom has only achieved value for money status this year only, it's not that Tom was playing poorly before, but injuries along with not really owning and stamping his presence often enough in games has made up most of his career so far.

As soon as Brett came into the squad he made his presence felt big time and consistently, i'm not saying Brett is a better player(Tom has way more upside that is for sure) but in terms of value from the outset Brett is still miles ahead so far.
100% TC, Firstly I apologize for misunderstanding your comment, now that you have clarified it. Tom this year has shaken off his hammy issues once and for all now. Think it was a growing thing of the body for Tom that's finally settled. 2021 has been his stand out year, he was set for this year and nothing was going to stop him. Whereas in 2020 Tommy was punctuated with mainly hamstring and other assorted injuries. Can't see him playing any other position than Fullback tbh, it's a perfect position for him he has the freedom to roam and trail players, he reads the game beautifully like a chess player would, seeing 2 to 3 moves ahead. I agree on you're comparison with Brett, Brett was sublime he had a long sustained brilliant career over many seasons. Tommy was interviewed last year on Brett Stewarts legacy, and said theirs only one Prince of Brookvale and that's Brett Stewart. Tommy closing the gap on Brett quickly now, and isn't it good to watch...

What about the Golden boot.Is that still going around, if so, he would have to be a shoe in for that award as well, surely. Excuse the pun lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4