Turbo and origin in 24

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 27 52.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
What has that got to do with it lol..I am just stating that Tom always excels close to origin and that I think he has been playing the safe game for longevity so far this season..great to see him equal 2nd on the daily m board although I think if he wasn’t playing safe he would be 1st..or prob injured lol

Tommy owes Manly for keeping the faith the past few years with his injury history. The money paid for him whilst not playing is crazy. He will have to play origin if selected. Jamie Lyon was the last player who refused to play & was not allowed to play for Manly during Origin as far as I remember.
So, at least he would be injury free. I'll guarantee that he is injured playing stupid origin this year and that'll be him for the season............as usual.

I
Is there a guarantee he’ll be picked ??

There’s plenty of others who would do ok if he’s being picked as a centre
If he's not first picked, he'd be second behind Cleary, the two players NSW need the most.

He's excelled at whatever position he plays.

I'd say Madge will go with Teddy at least for game 1, he's a fullback and that's it, doesn't cover anywhere else really so give him one last shot as it'll be his last series l'd say.

Paps at 14, Edward's as 18th man would be the way to go looking to the future.

Agree…..yet Sualii who’s done SFA is considered. Cannot for the life of me see what this hype is about Sualii?
he does run the ball very hard out of yardage and is a great target in the air. But I agree that he has been down on form so far this season. Plus there's always the thing about him ditching NRL for rugby next year.

There is literally NO way Tom would put the club ahead of himself. None. Despite what we "think", he'll be in the mix, and will play if selected.

He ain't no Jamie Lyon.

I mean he is second in the Dally Ms and is 1st or 2nd in nearly all attacking stats for Manly.

But sure
But, let’s also be real.. if he was playing anywhere near full capability and consistently, he’d be killing the Daly Ms with nothing but dust behind him.

Tom seems to be in better form and fitness than he was at this point last year but it still feels like he is holding himself back at the moment. It wasn't until the week before Origin last year in Canberra where we really saw him explode so I think he obviously still wants to play, and his form and ability even not at 100% is still easily good enough to make the side

Have close to zero interest in the exhibition series that is Origin these days anyway but I do hope if he does play that he a) makes it through the period fit and healthy and b) performs at that top Origin level and puts in 100% effort for us for the remainder of the season. Good chance we could only have him for 2/6 games from rounds 14-20, and could drop a couple of winnable games in that time, so we better actually have him at the end of the season for once as we head into finals. If he gets injured playing for NSW again there should be some serious conversations had

But, let’s also be real.. if he was playing anywhere near full capability and consistently, he’d be killing the Daly Ms with nothing but dust behind him.
Sure he has another gear but I feel many here kinda compare him to 21 and if he ain't hitting those heights he is dissapointing.

2021 was a weird year with the rules as they were, I wouldn't be anticipating that again.

Truth is Turbo has been fantastic this year, as I said he has another gear and that just shows how crazy his ceiling is.

This thread is why NSW are always behind the 8 ball.

No player should ever not want to play, including Jamie Lyon in days gone by.

I reckon DCE will captain QLD in 2025.

This thread is why NSW are always behind the 8 ball.

No player should ever not want to play, including Jamie Lyon in days gone by.

I reckon DCE will captain QLD in 2025.
NSW behind the 8 ball is a great narrative for the historically insecure Queenslanders… NSW have never cared as much because they were not born from insecurity. They have been pushed and manipulated in trying to care by media and its various narratives… but bottom line is, they never really cared.

I love Jamie Lyon but can we ditch the narrative that he didnt play Origin for Manly.

He didn't want to go into camp and spend time away from his family.

On reputation?

3rd in the league in try assists (6)
4th in line break assists (7)
13th in tackle breaks (30)
Equal 16th leading tries (4)
18th in post contact mtrs (396)

Even though the Daly M's are somewhat flawed he is even second there

On reputation?

3rd in the league in try assists (6)
4th in line break assists (7)
13th in tackle breaks (30)
Equal 16th leading tries (4)
18th in post contact mtrs (396)

Even though the Daly M's are somewhat flawed he is even second there
2nd for run metres (1381)
=4th for offloads (13), top 3 all on (14)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8