Tuipulotu vs Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are lots of calls for Des to pick Koula. And while I love his speed and potential, he’s very raw and I think he needs to be brought on slowly.

For mine, Christian Tuipulotu is the man for the job at right centre. He’s a big body and would really help us coming out of our own end.

Unfortunately, Harper just gets rag dolled most of the time and goes backwards.

Thoughts?
Our go slow approach is why are off the pace with the top 3 in the competition.

Haven't seen this take yet, but what about bringing taufua on in the centres. Last season when he was playing for blacktown there he was one of the best on the pitch. We need someone that can take the **** carries out of our end, and he's one that can do that

Our go slow approach is why are off the pace with the top 3 in the competition.
The Harper/Parker show needs to be taken off air ! Both try hard but they just do not have the speed and talent for the current NRL not only in attack but consistently miss defensive reads. Would they make any other team’s starting line up - NO !!
We have Walker, Tippyy Toes and Kolua so give them a go Des !

The Harper/Parker show needs to be taken off air ! Both try hard but they just do not have the speed and talent for the current NRL not only in attack but consistently miss defensive reads. Would they make any other team’s starting line up - NO !!
We have Walker, Tippyy Toes and Kolua so give them a go Des !
Jorge at centre might be the go? He's keen as to get back into the firsts

Not sure how many times we need to get thrashed to make a change. Melbourne exposed Harper and now all teams target him. Will be ground hog day against the Roosters. And what's with all the niggle? He should just focus on tackling.
Groundhog Day no longer a favourite movie.

There are lots of calls for Des to pick Koula. And while I love his speed and potential, he’s very raw and I think he needs to be brought on slowly.

For mine, Christian Tuipulotu is the man for the job at right centre. He’s a big body and would really help us coming out of our own end.

Thoughts?
Tuipulotu played from memory 2 games for Roosters so not much more experienced than Koula at all!

I will reserve my judgment until I see Toopaloopa and Koula play against Olam and the bloke with the dyed ferret on his head..

Both are good prospects but neither have convinced me they are the finished product yet.

I also don't think that Harper is going nearly as badly as the scapegoaters suggest.

I will reserve my judgment until I see Toopaloopa and Koula play against Olam and the bloke with the dyed ferret on his head..

Both are good prospects but neither have convinced me they are the finished product yet.

I also don't think that Harper is going nearly as badly as the scapegoaters suggest.

You may be 70 mate, but at this point, I reckon you'd handle the physicality out there WAY better than Harper right now, plus I guarantee you'd spot a hole or two in the opposition defensive line !

Maybe we should get a cardboard cut-out of Steve Matai, and replace Harper with THAT. Try and intimidate the opposition out of going down his side of the field :p

You may be 70 mate, but at this point, I reckon you'd handle the physicality out there WAY better than Harper right now, plus I guarantee you'd spot a hole or two in the opposition defensive line !

Maybe we should get a cardboard cut-out of Steve Matai, and replace Harper with THAT. Try and intimidate the opposition out of going down his side of the field :p

Maybe .. but I'll still back harper to come good.

Hope so mate.

Hey, at least I got a smile outta you. I've been trying some comedy here in the various threads to lighten the moods of late, and it's going down like a showing of The Human Centipede :party:

That's because you're a grumpy old bugger that no one believes is capable of joking ... if you had a pleasant and disarming nature like me all would be sweet.

Thoughts?
100% agree. Now is not the time to bring in Koula - really small and the right side with Saab would be a huge nightmare for Manly getting us out of our red zone. Koula should be brought in on the left with Garrick if/when Parker is out/dropped.

Tuipulotu's size is badly needed on the right in place of Harper. Was very impressive in trials, bending the line and making tackle breaks (Suli's biggest strength). Harper offers nothing unfortunately, and should be brought in only through injury crisis

Un
The problem last night wasn't Harper being rag-dolled. The problem was the number of times he and the rest of our blokes had to run one out from our own line and get gang tackled by a fast moving defence.
Unfortunately there are many times in a game, for all teams, where the winger/centre must take the first couple of hit ups when being pinned back into their corner. Guys like Taufua in his prime, To'o currently are extremely valuable. Matai used to make excellent yardage from marker when the rest of the team was getting into position. You MUST have at least one outside back on each side of the field that has the ability to make those early tackles count, make it difficult for the opposition and give your team a solid foundation to the set. The middles and playmakers can take over from the 3rd or 4th

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8