trying for an unemotional analysis.its hard!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
who are the "young blokes to come in" who supposedly cop it.

2 - foran and williams.foran doesnt cop it.so that leaves one.

our under 20s were minor premiers and we bought whare so options exist.

you can hardly recognise storms side there are so many young blokes.as with brisbane.they will beat us home by a lap this year and everyone knows it now our two speed men are gone.

we have lost menzies,bell,hall,willo,lestrange,cuthbertson,waera hargraves,now brett stewart and wolf ....and others.yet nothing happens except good old robbo back to fullback.

foran has got nothing but praise.the other bloke is a joke in the centres and our club is the only one that cant see it.

so who else "copped it"

Gee whiz, first game and everyone is ready to slit their throats.

Look at the rest of the round, upsets, close games...this is going to be one hell of an up and own season for all teams.

I thought there was plenty to be happy about last night, I for one am not writing them off just yet.

Another tough start (I'll be surprised if Brett is not out for the season although I have NO inside knowledge of that) I'll admit but hey we lost all those games last year and still ran 5th.

There will be plenty more upsets (both ways) week in and week out in 2010.

First game last year got absolutely towelled by the Dogs and struggled on to come in fifth, there's perspective.  The first half last night was good, the second not so.  Seems to me that Kite and King need to be told to get over themselves and stop with the rubbish in tackles, that's not intensity, that's stupidity.  Anyway we seemed to tire and that's the responsibility of the conditioner.  The centres?  Another game will see it for me.  If they perform, doubtful, then the axe.  Give it a rest on Bailey, he did his job.  Hodkinson as half to counter the 'brilliant' Robson, Foran to 5/8, Lyon to centre.  The stupidist suggestion is Robbo at fullback.  Didn't work last season ansd it won't work this one.  Overall, disappointing to give up that led but not slitting my wrists yet.     

susan ridgepipe link said:
who are the \"young blokes to come in\" who supposedly cop it.

2 - foran and williams.foran doesnt cop it.so that leaves one.

our under 20s were minor premiers and we bought whare so options exist.

you can hardly recognise storms side there are so many young blokes.as with brisbane.they will beat us home by a lap this year and everyone knows it now our two speed men are gone.

we have lost menzies,bell,hall,willo,lestrange,cuthbertson,waera hargraves,now brett stewart and wolf ....and others.yet nothing happens except good old robbo back to fullback.

foran has got nothing but praise.the other bloke is a joke in the centres and our club is the only one that cant see it.

so who else \"copped it\"

Hi Susan, I know you are just back on the scene here, I wasn't just refering to last night, just overall

Looking back over last season and this, Neumann, Siniula, Williams, JWH and Foran are the new boys getting a run, apart from Foran, all others have been hammered after their 1st game (not that I am saying they didn't deserve some either)

If we look at a last night, Foran was ok without being outstanding, and Williams played a good 60-65mins imo, followed by 15 ordinary mins. From that I have read that Foran will never be a 7, based on 1 match at the age of 19, and that Williams is not NRL standard, at the age of 20

I would like to see some new blood get a run like anyone else, but I do feel that there is massive over reaction based on a loss where we dominated and looked the goods for such a large period of the match

Of the young guys, haven't seen anything of Hodkinson so I can't form an opinion on him. Whare have only seen once or twice but his step caught my eye. Hoppa I saw live a few times last season, he didn't look anywhere near ready to me at that stage. Lussick really, really excites me, I rated him higher than JWH in my viewings of the 20s

point taken KE but neumann and suni are hardly promising juniors.neumann has played QRL for 3 years,is total ot of his depth and the other bloke i think was a union recruit and not overly young.(he did an ok job actually)

i think everyone is missing my main point.no one doubts our teams courage.they are gutsy as hell and we all want victories.

BUT can someone please tell me JUST ONE makeshift half who didnt grow up in the position and has never had a real kicking game who has made it at top level.why do we think it will be different with Kieran???this question is never answered.can someone please answer it to make me feel better.

i love the bloke but we are doing him more harm than good playing him in the 7.

AND the other bloke was the best of his peers and has always played 7 ,has a great kicking game and has done everything asked of him.why doesnt he get a crack even when we are decimated.If he's no good then go back to kieran till we find another option.i have seen a lot of this bloke ,believe me and im a a real bad judje if he isnt up to it.and physically he is solid as a rock.

this season will slip away very quickly KE.odds are we lose our first 4 away with this team.we are already at shorter odds to win the spoon than the title after one round.we need to strike now before it is too late.

Forans defence really appeals to me in the middle, and I can see him as a very good running halfback

Your point is fair on the promising juniors part with the other 3 guys

Your point is correct, we all want victories, and I guess that is where the personal opinion comes into things. For me, Lyon at 6 gives us our best chance of victory in the opening stages of the comp, and Foran is such a gifted player I think he could make it as a 7 and offer something dangerous, and I agree he could also do that from another position, I would go centre before Lock though

For mine, I just think that Des, Tooves and also Johns who worked with them over the summer, should know a lot about halfback play, and if Hodkinson's level was that much higher than Foran's I can't see why they would turn him back. I would like to see him have a run at some stage so I can form an opinion, but until that time comes I guess I just feel I have to back the others opinions

On your point about manufacturing a halfback, Cooper Cronk has been mentioned a few times as one. Lyon to a degree, although not a 7, had made a very good 6 of himself, and we all heard Lockyer was wasted in the halves. These days most NRL sides don't really play a 6 and a 7, more a left and right role, so the natural halfback skills are not as prevalent as they were not so long ago

agree about lyon.his kicking was great and needs to be retained at 5/8.

i guess we disagree on the "why" in this halfback onundrum.i think the why is because des always goes safety first and you think he has assessed their ability.i guess we'll never know.

what i find strange is the williams centre thing.that IS unusually high risk.....probably more so than giving hodkinson a go.i can't fathom what is going on at all.i am pretty sure it will be too late when it all pans out and that is what eats me up.

Foran played centres quite well last year.  If Lyon is 6, why not Foran in the centres (or even fullback in Stewart's absence) and bring in the whiz kid?

Don't take my idea mata.... :p

Foran would slot into the fullback role quite comfortably I reckon. Definately worth a go while Stewy is out. Hoddo into the 7

In the 4th minute we had no-one marking Tuqiri from a scrum on our own line. I said why is no-one marking Tuqiri but they couldn't hear me. It was elementary and hopefully won't happen again. Enough for us to lose by 4 points though. . .

Most of the 'analysis' on this topic reminds me of the wailing and Des-bashing that went on for about 24 weeks preceding our record GF triumph. It was as though most people couldn't see it coming, really made me laugh how some fans suffered severe depression all year in the year we won 40-nil!

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
In the 4th minute we had no-one marking Tuqiri from a scrum on our own line. I said why is no-one marking Tuqiri but they couldn't hear me. It was elementary and hopefully won't happen again. Enough for us to lose by 4 points though. . .

Most of the 'analysis' on this topic reminds me of the wailing and Des-bashing that went on for about 24 weeks preceding our record GF triumph. It was as though most people couldn't see it coming, really made me laugh how some fans suffered severe depression all year in the year we won 40-nil!

Spot on SER8...whilst I understand dissapointment,you'd have thought we just announced we are forfeiting the rest of the games for the year. These are new combinations, did ANYONE think they'd be perfect in round 1??

BUT can someone please tell me JUST ONE makeshift half who didnt grow up in the position and has never had a real kicking game who has made it at top level.why do we think it will be different with Kieran???this question is never answered.can someone please answer it to make me feel better.

Did Ben Hornby play half early on? I only ever saw him as a fullback to begin with and I think he played Origin at half.

Hornby only ever played Origin as a utility off the bench.

But he has doen quite well since moving there late.

thats one manufactured half in 30 years.not bad.

a few  differences to 2008.brett stewart was a superstar,not almost on the scrapheap,we had a dally m halfback and steve bell and not the queen mary in the centres.

lockyer moving to 5/8 is irrelevant.he is going to be an immortal and is not playing halfback.

the test will come after we are on zero points when we travel to NZ in week 4.this is not negativity.the side des has picked will not beat good sides away and everyone knows that deep down.happy to bet my hard earned on that.if we lose that and head into those monday night disasters the priorities for season must change.you dont have to win a comp to have a great year.blood some youngsters,get some experience and head for the future.has anyone actually had a look at the other sides this year.i have never seen so many new faces being given a go yet the side that is most effected by cap(us) does nothing.

a few  differences to 2008.brett stewart was a superstar,not almost on the scrapheap,we had a dally m halfback and steve bell and not the queen mary in the centres.

lockyer moving to 5/8 is irrelevant.he is going to be an immortal and is not playing halfback.

the test will come after we are on zero points when we travel to NZ in week 4.this is not negativity.the side des has picked will not beat good sides away and everyone knows that deep down.happy to bet my hard earned on that.if we lose that and head into those monday night disasters the priorities for season must change.you dont have to win a comp to have a great year.blood some youngsters,get some experience and head for the future.has anyone actually had a look at the other sides this year.i have never seen so many new faces being given a go yet the side that is most effected by cap(us) does nothing.

mmmm... negativity.

Seriously though if you are trying to compare our team to the bulldogs and st george round 1 form your kidding. To say we have 0% chance of getting the choccies in rounds 2 & 3 is ridiculous. I'm glad your not the team's motivator.

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
[quote author=susan ridgepipe link=topic=182638.msg254908#msg254908 date=1268776462]

mmmm... negativity.

Seriously though if you are trying to compare our team to the bulldogs and st george round 1 form your kidding. To say we have 0% chance of getting the choccies in rounds 2 & 3 is ridiculous. I'm glad your not the team's motivator.
[/quote]

No, its an opinion. And one found from being that interested in the club & team. Wake up to yourself.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8