Try Walker at centre?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There is a saying that you are only strong as your weakest link. Sadly we have a few weaknesses at present. Des seems to be struggling to recognize them making the same selections over and over again after poor performances and against the good sides it the same old outcome. It does my head in.

Agree on Jorge...but Bully to centre, he would be at the bottom of my list. Haven't seen him make a run in open country yet for me to make any judgement on him.
I don’t think it’s a stupid idea, bully would at least stiffen the defensive line up and give us some push out of our end on set starts, his quick enough, the alternative is to stay with Harper.

Not as a permanent thing, just till we get some troops back, you can you life on it that Parra will be sending some beef his way.

I don’t think it’s a stupid idea, bully would at least stiffen the defensive line up and give us some push out of our end on set starts, his quick enough, the alternative is to stay with Harper.

Not as a permanent thing, just till we get some troops back, you can you life on it that Parra will be sending some beef his way.
Trouble is, he's a big body that could take time to react and reading the attack that's coming his way. Just got a feeling he would be targeted by smart opposition centres for mine.

Dylan still seems to be having some injury or niggling injury concerns and consequently probably would inhibit him a bit in the centers . Definitely does add a boost around the ruck when he is on and looks like his main role now injury free or not . Jorge as a center just does not seem to fit well . shame that Saab is unavailable at present , a center combo of Koula and Tippytoes is appealing . Pity that the Black Town winger Roy Varnega [ or what ever his surname is ] and who was real impressive in attack in the trials hasn 't apparently progressed much , would allow the same opportunity for Tippy toes to center if he was able to be i st grade level or considered . Harper for now and can only wish him well and that he can competes good enough .

Its do or die for harper. Another shocker and surely thats it for him.
Theres many options that could be better or worse, but wont know unless we try em. I like the idea of tippy toes having a crack there and bringing in a new winger myself.
Only positive is harper knows this and will be 100 percent focused all game.

Manly would lose too much in the middle in both attack and defence by moving walker wide. He straightens the attack better than anyone in the team.

We dont use our centres real well anyway so i just dont see the point of weakening one position to strengthen another that we dont go to.

Bench or 6 for walker, but with foz and schuster probably back its bench

Be very surprised if he plays centre for the warriors. I reckon given time and his experience in the middle he would be a great 6.he wants the ball, he takes defenders on, plays into the defensive line most plays and wants to change the game

Big loss for us, bigger than foran , not considering his off field stuff

I think Walker at centre is a ship that has sailed in the coaches eyes.

Walker is also carrying injuries so maybe that is the reason he comes off the bench. He is only going to function though if we get some go forward and control the ruck. Over to you the pack!

Your kidding? He's not a 3/4 anymore. As mentioned his body shape has filled out and the speed is gone. Last year on at least 2 occasions he was run down when in open space. Victor Radley did it once and against the titans off The paseka break and chip. There were other time as well. He could do a job but his days of 3/4 are gone.....

Next year he will be a centre for the Warriors.

It’s a good question
Harper still has a ? Mark over him , And same could be said for Walker , I do think Walker could still do well at centre better option than Harper unless Harper has a good game against the eels
Then when come to the bench spot to give a bit of spark and that could be Segyaro to replace Croker
Rotate the forwards as usual

Next year he will be a centre for the Warriors.
There's a chance that can happen I suppose, but I personally don't think they have signed him as a centre. I'll be surprised if he is their first choice as 3 or 4. They are looking for someone to fill that bench role to play in the middle and add some creativity, much like his role for us. They don't have much spark at 9, so they are probably looking for something to fill that void.

If he was still capable of playing centre then he'd be doing it for us. I recall him filling in there a couple of times last year during games when there were injuries, and it was decidedly underwhelming. If he still had some game then he would have been ahead of Burbo and Harper you would think. Des doesn't see it, neither do I.

Ok my head is about to explode... we need Walker at centre. He is a tough and talented competitor in the position (rep honours) and we need a centre. What is it gonna take? Harper will be ripped a new one against the eels and then storm, please Des this is a weak position! The solution is literally staring you in the face each training session ... not at 14, not at 6, not at fullback ... CENTRE!!!

/ rant
The other option is to draft Pauline Hansen (confirmed covit) next to Harper, we can load up the other side of the field because they won't run at her. Having said that she could probably tackle better than Harper anyway.

There's a chance that can happen I suppose, but I personally don't think they have signed him as a centre. I'll be surprised if he is their first choice as 3 or 4. They are looking for someone to fill that bench role to play in the middle and add some creativity, much like his role for us. They don't have much spark at 9, so they are probably looking for something to fill that void.

If he was still capable of playing centre then he'd be doing it for us. I recall him filling in there a couple of times last year during games when there were injuries, and it was decidedly underwhelming. If he still had some game then he would have been ahead of Burbo and Harper you would think. Des doesn't see it, neither do I.

Time will tell with how the Warriors use Dylan Walker. But, it should also be noted that its unlikely he'll play under Nathan Brown. It would take almost a miracle for him to be the Warriors 2023 coach.

Agree on Jorge...but Bully to centre, he would be at the bottom of my list. Haven't seen him make a run in open country yet for me to make any judgement on him.
Bully has got some pace for a forward. In QLD Cup footage I’ve seen him maintain a better acceleration and top speed than Talakai from the sharks. Granted Bully probably has the footwork and passing game of Brenton Lawrence, he seems a safer defender than Harper.
I mostly used him down the list, yet above Harper to emphasise my aversion to using Harper in FG until his confidence or form show up in the lower grades.

Realistically I don’t expect Bully to play in the backline before Harper, but I’m still reeling from Harpers recent performances

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10