Try Walker at centre?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
Ok my head is about to explode... we need Walker at centre. He is a tough and talented competitor in the position (rep honours) and we need a centre. What is it gonna take? Harper will be ripped a new one against the eels and then storm, please Des this is a weak position! The solution is literally staring you in the face each training session ... not at 14, not at 6, not at fullback ... CENTRE!!!

/ rant

Ok my head is about to explode... we need Walker at centre. He is a tough and talented competitor in the position (rep honours) and we need a centre. What is it gonna take? Harper will be ripped a new one against the eels and then storm, please Des this is a weak position! The solution is literally staring you in the face each training session ... not at 14, not at 6, not at fullback ... CENTRE!!!

/ rant
Last two games he hasn't played a lot of minutes, I feel he's carrying an injury of some sort. What makes you think he can go 80min, he's now more suited coming off the bench, hopefully he'll add that X factor that we need from him.

Walker was a great centre... in 2017. He has completely changed his body shape, so I don't think he would be suited to the centres any more, especially in defence where he was suspect when playing there in 2020 (in fairness, the entire team was suspect in 2020).

Not a stupid idea ... but.....

Walker at centre while Parker, Saab and Burbo are out injured and with Lawton still on suspension leaves us short on both experienced replacement backs and an experienced utility. Take Walker out of the bench utility role and who do we put there right now?? Sure you could try Weekes, but with the next two games being Parramatta and Melbourne away, do you want to throw an untried rookie to the wolves like that??

Walker was a great centre... in 2017. He has completely changed his body shape, so I don't think he would be suited to the centres any more, especially in defence where he was suspect when playing there in 2020 (in fairness, the entire team was suspect in 2020).

The Warriors have bought him primarily as a centre. The fact that he could also cover 5/8, lock and fullback if needed will be their bonus so long as he's fit to play.

/ rant
Who would you put in that utility role if it’s not Walker?

The Warriors have bought him primarily as a centre. The fact that he could also cover 5/8, lock and fullback if needed will be their bonus so long as he's fit to play.
Your kidding? He's not a 3/4 anymore. As mentioned his body shape has filled out and the speed is gone. Last year on at least 2 occasions he was run down when in open space. Victor Radley did it once and against the titans off The paseka break and chip. There were other time as well. He could do a job but his days of 3/4 are gone.....

I reckon Walker has transformed into a great impact in the middle, though lack of momentum by the big blokes has made him easier to contain in most games 2022
You make a fair point though, we have been struggling at centre and he could maybe not only get it done, but could make an impact out wide we have been missing

Your kidding? He's not a 3/4 anymore. As mentioned his body shape has filled out and the speed is gone. Last year on at least 2 occasions he was run down when in open space. Victor Radley did it once and against the titans off The paseka break and chip. There were other time as well. He could do a job but his days of 3/4 are gone.....
I totally agree, however with all this considered would he still be a better option than Harper? It’s a moot point tho as it will never happen. Plus I love a good comeback story and I’m hoping that might be Harper this Friday night.

I totally agree, however with all this considered would he still be a better option than Harper? It’s a moot point tho as it will never happen. Plus I love a good comeback story and I’m hoping that might be Harper this Friday night.
Agree on all points right here, including the hope for that positive ending

Tell that to Talakai….

I gave up towards the end of last season regarding a push for Walker to return to the centres. Up until late last year it made sense!
But now by his own confession, he doesn't have the legs, knees or body shape for centre.

I would give Jorge T a crack at centre. He's captaining our NSW Cup side and playing centre. Yes BWSE sound like they're getting whacked every week, but I still see more upside in Jorge T than Morgan Harper. A big Jorge T bell ringer could lift Manly!

My order of preference for the #3 Jersey;
Jorge T
Tippy Toes (debut a new winger)
Weekes
Walker
Bully (that's correct)..
Another debutant ...
then Harper

I gave up towards the end of last season regarding a push for Walker to return to the centres. Up until late last year it made sense!
But now by his own confession, he doesn't have the legs, knees or body shape for centre.

I would give Jorge T a crack at centre. He's captaining our NSW Cup side and playing centre. Yes BWSE sound like they're getting whacked every week, but I still see more upside in Jorge T than Morgan Harper. A big Jorge T bell ringer could lift Manly!

My order of preference for the #3 Jersey;
Jorge T
Tippy Toes (debut a new winger)
Weekes
Walker
Bully (that's correct)..
Another debutant ...
then Harper
Agree on Jorge...but Bully to centre, he would be at the bottom of my list. Haven't seen him make a run in open country yet for me to make any judgement on him.

Yep no way he has been bought as a centre. That ship has sailed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7