True Supporter Survey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Supporters on this forum have been attacked for not being True Supporters. For a bit of fun copy the following survey and complete at your leisure:

How Long have you been a Manly fan?

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles?

Name your favourite Manly memory?

What is your favourite Manly uniform?

What is your favourite Manly game?

Worst Manly memory?

What was your support during the merger:

All time favourite player(s)?

Current favourite player(s)?

How are you a True Supporter?

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006?

How Long have you been a Manly fan? Since the late 60s as a little kid when Manly were the bridesmaids and got bashed by Souths at the end of every season.

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? My grandfather took me to the SCG in 1970 and then Brookie in 72. I was hooked then, though as a country cousin I only ever got to see them once a year at best.

Name your favourite Manly memory? Manly winning in 72, also being at 87 and 96 GF, being at Brookie in 94 to beat Dragons 61-0.

What is your favourite Manly uniform? The 72/73 GF strip though I like the current one.

What is your favourite Manly game? Probably the 61-0 thrashing of the Dragons and several of the victories over Brisbane in 94/95.

Worst Manly memory? 82 GF was depressing. 97 wasn't much better! The Northern Eagles was shocking

What was your support during the merger: I went missing in action. I went from 10 games a season to nothing - they weren't Manly and there was no heart in the club. I was in mourning for three years.

All time favourite player(s)? Bozo, Dale Shearer, Beaver.

Current favourite player(s)? Beaver, Brent Kite.

How are you a True Supporter? I am not because I frequent rebel left-wing sites!!! :lol:

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? I think we have a chance of making the top 4 with a good run with injuries and if our front row stands up. I can't realisitically see us winning though would love nothing more.

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 26 years, 6 months and 3 weeks. Born and bred maroon and white.

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? There was never any choice - it just fit perfectly with the local team colours being maroon and white as well as my old mans football team (soccer) in scotland being hearts also maroon and white.

Name your favourite Manly memory? 96 GF and the spud/chirf wars in that era

What is your favourite Manly uniform? 87 and todays

What is your favourite Manly game? too many faves

Worst Manly memory? 97 GF

What was your support during the merger: Northen Spirit

All time favourite player(s)? Spud and ridge

Current favourite player(s)? Beaver and flash ash

How are you a True Supporter? Since i started going to watch manly play again after superleague first grade has only lost 2 games with me there from around 30.

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2005? I reakon tehy will just make they 8 after beating Canberra in the final round. In the semis they will get flogged by parra.

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? With an engine room that appears to be finally firing on all cylinders and 2 playmakers in the team a top 4 finish is a must.

How long have you been a Manly fan?Since 1972,we came here from England in 1971.

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles?My older brother followed Souths and we hated each other.One day he was giving me another hard time and he suddenly stopped.I went in side and Souths were playing on the tv so i went for the other side,which just happened to be Manly they won so i was hooked.

Name you favorite Manly memory?1972 GF win,we had only been here a year and Manly had finally broken through for a GF win.

What is your favorite Manly uniform?72/73 that was the first jersey i was given by my parents.

What is your favourite Manly game?There have been so many,but the 61-0 against the Dragons and the friday night game at Brookie in 97 when we came from 18-0 down to beat the Rorters.Also any GF that we have won.

Worst Manly memory?82/83 & 95/97 GF loses.

What was your support during the merger.None i was very dissapointed with the whole merger.After pledging tom the beyond 2000 campaign and Frank Stanton telling us we would stand alone and then made the deal with the Devil..So i didn't take much interest during thiose dark days.

All time favourite player?Wombat & Igor.

Current favourite player?Ben Kennedy,Brett Stewart.Choc and it goes without saying Beaver..

How are you a true supporter?I bleed Maroon & White,that's why i almost bled out during the merger years.I go to all home games and as many away games i possibly cn.I just live for the Mighty Eagles.

How do you rate Manlys chances in 2006?I have a very good feeling about Manlys prospects for 2006.I'm Excited...

Since I was born

Born & bred manly supporter. I see it not as a choice but a birth right

Sitting with my dad at the score board end near the fence on the white seats watching Jack elsegood streak up the sideline for a try

80’s maroon with white stripes, though I am fairly partial to the current one

Tough one to call, the panthers game at brookie last year will forever be in my memory as a great game though

Worst Manly memory?
Last year as well. Cronulla showing us utter and complete disrespect

I went to at least 8 home games per season. I still chanted “Come on Manly”

Les Boyd, the angriest of the angry little smurfs
Lyons
Toovey
Carol

Dunley – an angry smurf of the new breed

I don’t understand the term. I like watching football, I like watching manly play football and want manly to win. I go to every home game I can including trials and also many away games including long distance travel. I yell until I am hoarse. Its football it is supposed to be fun and not a competition of who supports a team better or worse. Because to be honest I don’t give a ****. I will still go to the footy and still spend time with my mates at the footy and still follow manly. If theo others want to compare dick sizes they should grow one first!

At this stage we will make the 8 but I haven’t seen how the other teams are playing yet.

-36 yrs, 7 months & counting

- Being born with one maroon eye & one white eye

- Mid-nineties thrashing of St George

- 1978 Pioneer Stereo vintage

- 1987 GF

Worst Manly memory?
- 1997 GF

- Went to Gosford maybe 8 times, the NE jumper is gathering dust in the wardrobe

- Terry Randall
- Stuart Davis
- Paul Vautin

- Menzies & Dunley

- No such thing, you either follow Manly or you follow one of those other excuses for teams

- We'll improve on 2005 for sure.

Since '87

The great players of '87 - Vautin, Cleal, Shearer, Lyons, etc

'96 GF win over Dragons

'80's hoops (P & O or Wormald)

'96 GF win over Dragons

Worst Manly memory?
'95 GF loss to Dogs - simply devastating.

Supported Northern Eagles

Menzies, Ridge, Innes, Spud Carroll

Stewart, Watmough

By the way I feel when we win, and how I feel when we lose. Indescribable both.

If we play to maximum potential we can go all the way. That's a big if.

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 2 Years

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? A death in the family

Name your favourite Manly memory? Anything involving Paul Stephenson.

What is your favourite Manly uniform? Who gives a crap.

What is your favourite Manly game? The next one.

Worst Manly memory? When the toilets at the ground are full at halftime.

What was your support during the merger: Newcastle

All time favourite player(s)? Paul Harrogan

Current favourite player(s)? Paul Stephenson

How are you a True Supporter? What is a true supporter?

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Fair

Fonz - is Paul Stephenson your love-child or what? Anyone who says as a Manly fan that Paul Harragon is their favourite all-time player, and that Paul Stephenson is their favourite current Manly player has rocks for brains.

-Since 1987, born into a manly supporting family!

-The 90's era for me, growing up watching the mighty eagles play!

-When i was a young bloke, we had travelled from the far north coast of NSW to the SFS to watch the eagles play, and matty ridge kicked for touch and my old man caught the ball.

-1987, got a 87 jersey for my birthday last year, wear it to every game i get to, home and away.

-The mighty comeback against the panthers

Worst Manly memory?

- The 1997 grand final. I was ten years old, and when darren albert scored in the final seconds, i burst into tears, and at that point i knew it was manly till i die

- I followed the crowd, as i was only a young bloke, all i wanted to do was watch the eagles play.

-Cliffy Lyons, Matthew Ridge, Geoff Toovey.

-Watmough and Beaver.

-Only ever supported one team, and when we were absolutley belted each week, and people asked why i followed them, i said because one day when we win the grandfinal, i can say to myself that i was there through the good and the bad times, and the satisfaction of winning a grandfinal will never be so sweet!

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Top eight for sure, predicting a 4th place finish in the finals.

I reckon that unless your bum was smacked by a doctor at Manly Hospital when you were born you could never be classified as a 'real' true supporter.

BTW mine was!

Before you all start firing up this is a joke

I reckon that unless your bum was smacked by a doctor at Manly Hospital when you were born you could never be classified as a 'real' true supporter.

BTW mine was!

Before you all start firing up this is a joke

Wheel you are mistaken mate. I think the doc saw you and then slapped your mum!!

+ Since The Bears were made defunct. That means 3 years as Sea Eagles (not taking into consideration Nth Eagles). I'm actually glad in hindsight The Bears folded, because I have never enjoyed footy as much as since I have been a Manly fan...and that's honestly thanks to a lot of you fellas...

+ Steve Menzies. Apart from being one of my favourite players (as a Bears fan), he was loyal, and I thought I would show him that same level of respect.

+ John Hopoate smashing Amos Roberts at Brookvale Oval. Amos comes out in the media the next day and says:- "Sheesh, Hoppa must have seen targets on me all day. He played well, and smashed me".

LoL.

+ 2006.

+ Come back win over Penrith @ Brookie. We all went off our chops !!!

Worst Manly memory?

+ St George coming back to beat us after all their crowd had come home conceding....

+ That The Bears would become The Bears again.

+ Mark O'Mealey, Matt Orford, Steve Bell, Anthony Watmough

+ As above apart from O'Mealey.

+ I try to drum up corporate support / sponsorship for the club (successfully in the past as well).
I am a Member from year 1.
I only buy clothes and stuff at the club so they get the profits.
I go to most of the games.
I put up with you lot.

+ Better than fair. 3rd - 4th.

Fonz - is Paul Stephenson your love-child or what? Anyone who says as a Manly fan that Paul Harragon is their favourite all-time player, and that Paul Stephenson is their favourite current Manly player has rocks for brains.

I've got 6 letters for you mate. U R A NOB.

Fan for about 32 years - Manly won 1st game of League I ever watched on tv

Fondest memory- My only visit to Brookie to watch Cliffy's 300th game

Favorite uniform - last years (only one that still fits me)

Favorite game - 1987 GF (last at Sydney cricket ground)

Worst - 1997 GF

During merger just kept supporting the Eagles

Favorite all time player Des Hasler

Current BK

My support has never waivered

I would think top 4 this year - good chance of premiership if everything clicks

[quote author=Crusher Cleal]

I've got 6 letters for you mate. U R A NOB.
[/quote]

Fonz,

Someone needs to let you know that you are an unpleasant fukwit.

Forever

Liked the silvertails tag I suppose

96 Grand Final followed by 1987...

Pepsi sponsored strip, plus current Home Strip

Smashing St George to a record loss

Worst Manly memory?

Consistent

Geoff Toovey

Steve Menzies

Loyalty only comes in one colour

Better than last year, looking forward to it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4