True Supporter Survey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How Long have you been a Manly fan?
30 odd yrs

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles?
Since I was in Primary school and everyone hated them (late 70's) I thought what better reason to support them :)

Name your favourite Manly memory?
Watching Manly play Saints at Kogarah, couldnt say when , Mick Potter made a break from deep in his own half beat about 4000 Sea Eagles players then ran into the big shoulder of Ian Roberts in the middle of the ground. Best hit Ive ever seen.

What is your favourite Manly uniform?
FAI strip, then the Pepsi

What is your favourite Manly game?
61 - 0 at Brookie Vs Saints

Worst Manly memory?
1997 versus Newcastle

What was your support during the merger:
I did not recognise the existence of Manly during those years and folowed the game not a team

All time favourite player(s)?
Ian Roberts / Steve Menzies

Current favourite player(s)?
Steve Menzies

How are you a True Supporter?
Dont acknowledge the term because of all the ridiculous crap that comes with it on these forums,

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006?
Who cares, its the Journey that is the fun part, not always the destination

How Long have you been a Manly fan?
Since I was born (1983)

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles?
Who needs convincing!
I was cheering for Manly when I was in the womb!

Thumping St George 61-0. I got chips and saw two tries standing in line! There were tries all night. Plus I was like 13.

What is your favourite Manly uniform?
Dont know.

What is your favourite Manly game?
The same as my memory. The Penrith game last year when we came back had me screaming and yelling at the telle more than i have in a long time as well.

Worst Manly memory?
97 grand final.

What was your support during the merger:
Manly. I took a little less interest than now, but I was still a true blue Manly supporter - the Northern Eagles were my team but I always knew in my heart ( :lol:) that manly would re emerge.

All time favourite player(s)?
I always loved Tooves, and Ridge and Menzis.

Current favourite player(s)?
Brett Stewart.

How are you a True Supporter?
Because I am.

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006?
We are so going to win the comp!

Thumping St George 61-0. I got chips and saw two tries standing in line! There were tries all night. Plus I was like 13.

That was a day game :blaugh:

how long have you been a manly fan?
i think i remeber going for manly when i was just a twinkle in my fathers eye

what was your support during the merger?
for manly to return to brookvale and claim what is rightfully ours

all time favourite player(s)?
matthew ridge, bk, beaver, frank stokes

current favourite players?
bk, beaver, stewart, ox, dunley, the list goes on

worst manly memory?
the merger, need i say more

what convinced you to follow the sea eagles?
their complete and utter brilliance

name your favourite manly memory
frank stokes scoring a length of the field try against the illawarra steelers back in the 90's, and the come from behind against the panthers last year, and scott donald leaving.

what is your favourite amnly uniform?
the retro jersey the club has been wearing the last couple of years is by far the best.
name your favourite manly game
smashing st george 61 - 0, and the 96 grand final, i hate st george by the way.

how are you a true supporter?
cause i ****in am, anyone who says otherwise can go an get stuffed, what is a true supporter? me!

how do rate our chances in 06?
fukin excellent, top 4

How Long have you been a Manly fan? since I was 10 or 11, went to see the eagles beat the dogs at brookvale and have been a fan ever since. 1990 from memory!!

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? originally from the area, still visited during school holidays and first team I saw live.

Name your favourite Manly memory? 1996 GF Win

What is your favourite Manly uniform? Mid 90's Pepsi Strip

What is your favourite Manly game? Panthers Game from 2005 or when we came back from 28-2 against Brisbane to force a draw in 1999.

Worst Manly memory? 1995 & 1997 GF Losses

What was your support during the merger: Supported the Nth Eagles but my passion for league fell away in that period.

All time favourite player(s)? Toovey

Current favourite player(s)? Menzies/Choc

How are you a True Supporter? Im not

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Improved, hoping for a top 4 finish

[quote author=ads]

That was a day game :blaugh:

[/quote]

Whatever! I was thinking day!

Fonz - is Paul Stephenson your love-child or what? Anyone who says as a Manly fan that Paul Harragon is their favourite all-time player, and that Paul Stephenson is their favourite current Manly player has rocks for brains.
Steppa is probably my favourite player. A favourite player doesnt neccesarily have to be the best one.
I Have spoken to the guy on numerous occaisions, and seems like a real champ, and i think he has really proved himself on the wing.

Supporters on this forum have been attacked for not being True Supporters. For a bit of fun copy the following survey and complete at your leisure:

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 21 years and counting.

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? Nothing. Dont even remember how i started supporting them as im from Dogs territory.

Name your favourite Manly memory? 1996 season.

What is your favourite Manly uniform? 1996 season.

What is your favourite Manly game? Besides the obvious final appearances..17-16 win over Roosters in a semi final. Also a Wests game we beat them 68-6 or something. Classic Cliffy in that game. Last years Penrith come back.. last year FINALLY beating the bulldogs.

Worst Manly memory? 1995 Grand Final. Copped so much **** from the locals.

What was your support during the merger: I went to most games. Including a Parramatta Trial at Gosford with storm hitting the stadium.. promised myself ill never goto Gosford again.

All time favourite player(s)? Cliffy, Innes, Tooves and Beaver.

Current favourite player(s)? Beaver ofcourse. Monas Watmough Stewart grab a mention... Bryant is slowly getting there.. hes a champion.

How are you a True Supporter? False.

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Top 4 providing we steer clear of injuries to crucial players. Should make the top 8. Anything less Des should go.

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 32 years

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? wombat was fav player at the time and he played for manly if he played else where i would of followed that team

Name your favourite Manly memory? 1987 GF

What is your favourite Manly uniform? current or pepsi

What is your favourite Manly game? any that we win

Worst Manly memory? all the cricket scores agaisnt us the last few years

What was your support during the merger: half hearted

All time favourite player(s)? wombat, bozo, tooves, ridge

Current favourite player(s)? kennedy

How are you a True Supporter? im not according to you locals, i live 120 k away and work 95% of weekends so dont get to many games

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? 6-8 on ladder

Supporters on this forum have been attacked for not being True Supporters. For a bit of fun copy the following survey and complete at your leisure:

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 34 Years

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? Bought up as a Sea eagle.

Name your favourite Manly memory? Most recent one is Manly beating the Broncos at Brookie last year.

What is your favourite Manly uniform? Current strip is good, I like the FAI jersey prior to the merger.

What is your favourite Manly game? '96 G.F. win

Worst Manly memory? '97 GF Loss

What was your support during the merger: Still supported them I just didn't go to the games, when I knew they were coming back as Manly again I started going to many games.

All time favourite player(s)? Bozo, Ridge, Tooves, Cliffy.

Current favourite player(s)? BK, Monas, Stewy.

How are you a True Supporter? Own a heap of old Jerseys, waste to much time placing photos etc on this site ;)

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Top 6.

Fair enough Pepi - I was more having a go at Fonz then at Stephenson. I like him as well as a player, and think he could go great-guns in the future.

[quote author=The Fonz]
[quote author=Crusher Cleal]
Fonz - is Paul Stephenson your love-child or what? Anyone who says as a Manly fan that Paul Harragon is their favourite all-time player, and that Paul Stephenson is their favourite current Manly player has rocks for brains.

I've got 6 letters for you mate. U R A NOB.
[/quote]

Fonz,

Someone needs to let you know that you are an unpleasant fukwit.

[/quote]

I know. My BROTHER keeps reminding me.

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 30 years

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? They Won the Grand Final when I started watching Footy So they were the Best Team

Name your favourite Manly memory? 96 Grand Final

What is your favourite Manly uniform? Pepsi one , 2004 Retro Maroon

What is your favourite Manly game? Coming From Behind to Beat Balmain in The Craven Mild Cup Final Early 80's

Worst Manly memory? Panthers Loss 2004 , 97 GF

What was your support during the merger: Stiil Followed though not as Keen

All time favourite player(s)? Toovey , Beaver, Lyons

Current favourite player(s)? Beaver , Monas

How are you a True Supporter? Cause I know I am

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Top 8

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4