Trolling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ok, is there a politically correct way to troll or something that I don't know about? I always thought it was an emoticon used to validate a forum member who didn't support our club, and came on the stir the hornets nest?

Its never been that big of a deal to me. If I receive one from someone who knows I'm a supporter, I just shrug, and give 5 back. Is it really that upsetting when I do?

But this has just sent people into a rage. Blue Pill dead set stalked me, sending me PM after PM of abuse. Fluffy went into a rant, name calling and all that stuff (I'm a little hypocrite, should live on a commune, should **** off and all that Jazz).

What's doing?

Why does it send people into such a rage? They hand one out to a long term, long time poster and Manly fan, then go into a complete wheel spin, when its returned.

Why do people get so defensive when it comes to opinions on a footy board? Why does it regress to insults, then if you reply in kind, the **** hits the fan, and little possies are formed?

I only really blog here (don't really use FB), I tweet occasionally, so don't really see the mechanation's of other forums.

If it means that much to everyone, I'm happy to receive trolls, won't give any back (when I actually do so as a joke) because it means so much to you, and apologise for ever handing them out.

LOL.

Ok, is there a politically correct way to troll or something that I don't know about? I always thought it was an emoticon used to validate a forum member who didn't support our club, and came on the stir the hornets nest?

Its never been that big of a deal to me. If I receive one from someone who knows I'm a supporter, I just shrug, and give 5 back. Is it really that upsetting when I do?

But this has just sent people into a rage. Blue Pill dead set stalked me, sending me PM after PM of abuse. Fluffy went into a rant, name calling and all that stuff (I'm a little hypocrite, should live on a commune, should **** off and all that Jazz).

What's doing?

Why does it send people into such a rage? They hand one out to a long term, long time poster and Manly fan, then go into a complete wheel spin, when its returned.

Why do people get so defensive when it comes to opinions on a footy board? Why does it regress to insults, then if you reply in kind, the **** hits the fan, and little possies are formed?

I only really blog here (don't really use FB), I tweet occasionally, so don't really see the mechanation's of other forums.

If it means that much to everyone, I'm happy to receive trolls, won't give any back (when I actually do so as a joke) because it means so much to you, and apologise for ever handing them out.

LOL.

Rhino it is more that you just have a very punchable face :)

haha

giphy.gif

I agree with you some people take great offence to that little green man & while I understand it being used on non Manly fans & also in strong disagreements at the end of the day this site would be dead set boring if we all agreed on everything... I think if anyone trolled me I would think take a chill pill but I think it is stupid to then stalk people because you received that rating...

Last edited:
Haters gunna Hate mate, some peoples lives revolve around here and dont like it when you (or anyone) disagrees with their holy writ.

roll with it baby :)

Hate it. Should be removed.

Though the concrete pills is a fair argument too.

Hate it. Should be removed.

Though the concrete pills is a fair argument too.

I agree mate, I wish it wasn't an option anymore because I got caught up in this new interpretation once recently that I noticed other people using it for, towards actual fans like you and me. The time this occurred was towards one of your posts in a thread regarding Manly players in rep sides. I strongly disagreed with your post stating that you prefer Manly players were not selected for higher honours so that the Sea Eagles can send out a full strength sqaud each week.
Instead of hitting the troll icon in jest of such a contrasting opinion (I've always felt as though rep selection returned a better player and better team moral and confidence when they returned to club duties), instead I hastily and foolishly tried to spare writing a counter point to the 'true cost' of Sea Eagles in rep sides. I knew you weren't a fake account and I probably needed some sleep and a deep breath to respond appropriately because a couple of minutes after clicking the 'disapproving troll' rating you had tracked an old post of mine in an un related thread and 'trolled' me back.
Just want to clear it up now, I'm sorry I didn't use it appropriately and I'm hopeful you might know which of the many 'rep side' threads this occurred on so I can right my wrong and undo the troll rating, even if it doesn't bother you now. I'd love to fix it up coz I took for granted that it sends the wrong message to a fellow legit sea eagles supporter and your authenticity which I never intended to question :angel::peace:
It was a one time mistake and I'm glad Ryan brought up this recent nuance that's been unfortunately trending around the forums.

To borrow some blunt wise words from Jeff Fenech- " I love youse all"!
:peace::peace::curlyloop::peace::peace:

I agree mate, I wish it wasn't an option anymore because I got caught up in this new interpretation once recently that I noticed other people using it for, towards actual fans like you and me. The time this occurred was towards one of your posts in a thread regarding Manly players in rep sides. I strongly disagreed with your post stating that you prefer Manly players were not selected for higher honours so that the Sea Eagles can send out a full strength sqaud each week.
Instead of hitting the troll icon in jest of such a contrasting opinion (I've always felt as though rep selection returned a better player and better team moral and confidence when they returned to club duties), instead I hastily and foolishly tried to spare writing a counter point to the 'true cost' of Sea Eagles in rep sides. I knew you weren't a fake account and I probably needed some sleep and a deep breath to respond appropriately because a couple of minutes after clicking the 'disapproving troll' rating you had tracked an old post of mine in an un related thread and 'trolled' me back.
Just want to clear it up now, I'm sorry I didn't use it appropriately and I'm hopeful you might know which of the many 'rep side' threads this occurred on so I can right my wrong and undo the troll rating, even if it doesn't bother you now. I'd love to fix it up coz I took for granted that it sends the wrong message to a fellow legit sea eagles supporter and your authenticity which I never intended to question :angel::peace:
It was a one time mistake and I'm glad Ryan brought up this recent nuance that's been unfortunately trending around the forums.

To borrow some blunt wise words from Jeff Fenech- " I love youse all"!
:peace::peace::curlyloop::peace::peace:

Hiya

I thank you for your long reply. Probably a lot more than it deserved!

I've already 'de-trolled' my reciprocal troll post of yours. I do remember the post...as I got two troll ratings for it! lol

It's here:

http://www.silvertails.net/threads/australian-and-other-rep-teams.49000/#post-789934

You should feel free to use the disagree button like HM...she dishes it out like it's chocolate, lol.

It's somewhat more annoying when someone gives me a troll rating, I politely ask them to explain it...then they ignore the request (as happened recently from a reg. poster - not what you did)

So I appreciate you taking the time. :) *echoes jeff fenech's quote*

In general terms.... the troll button unfortunately allows actual trolls to come on and hand them out to everyone. Nothing stopping a parra troll from rating all my 10k posts with that rating - stupid!

You see something similar with blue pill hammering every one of turbo's with that rating. It's a bit unfair I reckon.

I've also been the unlucky recipient of one of our good friend ryans troll spree. He gave me something like 11 in 3 mins....I never gave him any back though as I thought he was just going through some things at the time.

OH - and I also see your point about manly players coming back better players after being in rep sides. I agree for sure. I've just been shell shocked with all our injuries over the past 2 seasons....so I was just wanting our men in cotton wool for Manly #selfish

clicking 'post reply' now or it'll be more dribble!

Hiya

I thank you for your long reply. Probably a lot more than it deserved!

I've already 'de-trolled' my reciprocal troll post of yours. I do remember the post...as I got two troll ratings for it! lol

It's here:

http://www.silvertails.net/threads/australian-and-other-rep-teams.49000/#post-789934

You should feel free to use the disagree button like HM...she dishes it out like it's chocolate, lol.

It's somewhat more annoying when someone gives me a troll rating, I politely ask them to explain it...then they ignore the request (as happened recently from a reg. poster - not what you did)

So I appreciate you taking the time. :) *echoes jeff fenech's quote*

In general terms.... the troll button unfortunately allows actual trolls to come on and hand them out to everyone. Nothing stopping a parra troll from rating all my 10k posts with that rating - stupid!

You see something similar with blue pill hammering every one of turbo's with that rating. It's a bit unfair I reckon.

I've also been the unlucky recipient of one of our good friend ryans troll spree. He gave me something like 11 in 3 mins....I never gave him any back though as I thought he was just going through some things at the time.

OH - and I also see your point about manly players coming back better players after being in rep sides. I agree for sure. I've just been shell shocked with all our injuries over the past 2 seasons....so I was just wanting our men in cotton wool for Manly #selfish

clicking 'post reply' now or it'll be more dribble!

Thanks GE, I appreciate you allowing me to fix it up and I'm chuffed you accepted my apology for mis-using that evil little green icon :whew::)
You've nailed it mentioning the 'disagree' button, theres even a 'dis-like' one I managed to forget about at the time and usually its common place for me not to even bother with either of those more constructive options when I see a post and I'm not 'feeling it' :drunk:
You raise a great point about where this 'troll fever' must have stemmed from and I know theres no 100% foolproof way for us to avoid them. But if we remain united and honest by our common ground and by calling out the fake accounts, so true supporters can collectively restrain from replying or rating these clear to see 'sh*t stirring wooden spooners' posts as they clearly have nothing better to do, we should avoid adding less fuel to the fire. Fancy finding enough time to hang on our own clubs forums all day let alone a rival one just to perpetuate the proof you're pretty threatened or jealous of that club. I doubt the successful clubs have too many supporters trolling unsuccessful club's forums which just proves parra supporters are eternal cultural losers haha :giggle:
I have to hit 'post reply' here before I dribble too much more myself haha
@:blush:

Cheers!:peace:

Well that's us sorted....

Now just to fix that pesky middle east problem!!

:):cool::trophy:

Free sea eagles memberships ought to cheer everyone up, otherwise its a bigger lost cause than I thought! :eek::D

The Irony of this thread by Ryan Who has spent the entire half time break and the last 15 minutes since full time trolling through my posts to post a troll rating, over 100 now.

Ryan, to answer your question about what is a troll, simply find a mirror.

The Irony of this thread by Ryan Who has spent the entire half time break and the last 15 minutes since full time trolling through my posts to post a troll rating, over 100 now.

Ryan, to answer your question about what is a troll, simply find a mirror.

Fluffy, I gave you a troll, and you replied with 30 odd. I then gave you change. Don't get stroppy about it now. Try and act like the martyr all you like.

Don't try and mislead the masses here. Tell the whole story if you're wanting people to feel sorry for you champ.

Each time you place a troll, I will give you 10+ in return. Deal with it.

did you get sand in your vagina again.

what a great life you must have trolling away.

Tis the season so be trolling
trololololololol.

Do your parents know you are still up this late?

did you get sand in your vagina again.

what a great life you must have trolling away.

Tis the season so be trolling
trololololololol.

Do your parents know you are still up this late?

Sand in my vagina? Parents know I'm up this late? Well no, & sure they do mate. See the Rocker in you is pressing forward again....hahahaha.

I know my parents are aware I'm up late, because my Mum just asked if your Maccas & KFC intervention was a success?

"what a great life you must have trolling away."
Did you actually forget you gave 30 odd to me only a few hours before? Memory / IQ of a goldfish mate.

Go have another large fries buddy. Keep on Rockin.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2