Trial V Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
considering we are almost the same team from last year does it matter?
I believe it does yes, it is that match sharpness and rhythm you want to get going.

It cant be replicated in training

Last edited:
Is Kioa still in the top 30 ? May have missed something but don "t think that he has played much footy at all for the past couple of seasons . Top 30 inclusion should indicate that a player is considered i st grade material . maybe he is , just has not seemed to have been in contention the past couple of seasons or so .

Is Kioa still in the top 30 ? May have missed something but don "t think that he has played much footy at all for the past couple of seasons . Top 30 inclusion should indicate that a player is considered i st grade material . maybe he is , just has not seemed to have been in contention the past couple of seasons or so .
No he isn’t nor the Development squad

I hope “Coach Des Hasler has named a strong side for the trial v Sharks” but then again I’d prefer a team of youngens out there instead of stars.
So I am confused @Shoe1 What is it you are really wanting? A team full of stars or the younguns? ;)

I just don't understand why we can't just name a team......or a squad at least.

And I know I know...."we don't have to"......"why does it matter"......."Its just a trial"......."keep em guessing"........"the team won't run out that way"

But........just name a team, everyone else does hahahaha

I just don't understand why we can't just name a team......or a squad at least.

And I know I know...."we don't have to"......"why does it matter"......."Its just a trial"......."keep em guessing"........"the team won't run out that way"

But........just name a team, everyone else does hahahaha

It’s coming, Des is finalizing it based on what was said last night it will be out before weekend so it will be tomorrow.

Looking at the respective teams I fully expect us to get towelled up... and that's ok! #undertheradar

Well, that's an interesting line up.

The apparently uninjured DCE, Garrick, Waddell and Turbo will have had no apparent game time prior to the start of the season and Walker just the All Stars game. Either they have slight 'niggles' or Des is happy with their opposed sessions at training and doesn't want to risk injury.

The forward pack looks pretty strong given we are missing 40% of the starting forwards and three bench players. I can understand Jake. AFB, Jetski and Paseka (all injured) but maybe Waddell is also carrying and injury.

The backs look pretty thin in the halves and Metcalf at fullback doesn't exactly thrill me with his defence, or lack thereof.

Unfortunately I think they'll get 'towelled up' and I'm not sure that's good for confidence however, we always lose trial games these days.

One bonus is that it will be good to see Schuster have a run and see how he goes.

Well, that's an interesting line up.

The apparently uninjured DCE, Garrick, Waddell and Turbo will have had no apparent game time prior to the start of the season and Walker just the All Stars game. Either they have slight 'niggles' or Des is happy with their opposed sessions at training and doesn't want to risk injury.

The forward pack looks pretty strong given we are missing 40% of the starting forwards and three bench players. I can understand Jake. AFB, Jetski and Paseka (all injured) but maybe Waddell is also carrying and injury.

The backs look pretty thin in the halves and Metcalf at fullback doesn't exactly thrill me with his defence, or lack thereof.

Unfortunately I think they'll get 'towelled up' and I'm not sure that's good for confidence however, we always lose trial games these days.

One bonus is that it will be good to see Schuster have a run and see how he goes.
Garrick played in the Nines.

Garrick played in the Nines.

What an interesting side given we have NINE of our regulars out. Not so sure we will get towelled up and actually inclined to go the other way. Some very talented "kids" on show with a great opportunity to impress. Metcalf and Saddler will be interesting to watch but I am particularly interested to see Shuster in action against the big boys and young Alec Tuitavake. I think we all know about Shuster's potential but let me tell you this young Tuitavake is a Prop with a very big future. Been killing them in the lower grades over last couple of years. Oh and yes interested to see how Cade / Croker run the show. Worth the long trip out to Jubilee!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4