Trial V Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roosters backline looks pretty intimidating...

Yep. Why would you play Tedesco in a trial?

Yep. Why would you play Tedesco in a trial?
To get your players sharp and blow out the cobwebs.

I'm surprised we arent giving all our boys bar Turbo 20-30minutes.

Interesting.....hope its doesnt foreshadow a slow start to the year.

To get your players sharp and blow out the cobwebs.

I'm surprised we arent giving all our boys bar Turbo 20-30minutes.

Interesting.....hope its doesnt foreshadow a slow start to the year.
DCE never plays trials,except last year,where he only played the one half,from my recollection,so it makes little to no difference really.It all depends on what the individual needs or wants.Clubs get whatever they feel is necessary for their team,in trials

DCE never plays trials,except last year,where he only played the one half,from my recollection,so it makes little to no difference really.It all depends on what the individual needs or wants.Clubs get whatever they feel is necessary for their team,in trials
He generally didnt under Des and we always started a bit slow.

Its no biggie, not a hill I'm going to die on but personally I think there is value having our top team have a 25-30min hitout.

*bar Tom haha

Important trial for Paulo and Vaega, against quality opposition they can make a claim for Vegas selection. One of them will make it, apparently.
Also good experience for Faulalo and Talau.
I actually expect Manly to be very competitive in this trial.

Two points of interest for mine. Firstly, how our back three (Burbo, Brown and Condon) go against the big boys. All three had big games last week but this will be a step up and a more accurate gauge. Really impressed with Condon so will keep my fingers crossed for him. Secondly, how our young and inexperienced backline goes against the Roosters super stars.

Two points of interest for mine. Firstly, how our back three (Burbo, Brown and Condon) go against the big boys. All three had big games last week but this will be a step up and a more accurate gauge. Really impressed with Condon so will keep my fingers crossed for him. Secondly, how our young and inexperienced backline goes against the Roosters super stars.
Much will depend on how much game time the Roosters stars get. If it’s 80 minutes it’ll be a real battle , but as others have said it’s possible the big guns might only get a 20 minute quarter.

Think it's a bit of a mismatch. They're going near full strength about 14 of starting 17 and we've got maybe 5 of our starting 17. Oh well trials results don't mean sh*t.
I hate to say this but let's hope one of the Rorters star players gets injuried. 😝

Much will depend on how much game time the Roosters stars get. If it’s 80 minutes it’ll be a real battle , but as others have said it’s possible the big guns might only get a 20 minute quarter.
Yeah I highly doubt they'll get more than a half.

But that said, the result in itself is of little concern

My biggest disappointment of the souths trial was how cumbersome and slow we still were in the ruck.

I reckon we might have taken on some attacking plays more often employed by the Melbourne storm.

But it that's our blue print it all needs to start with winning the speed of that play of the ball in both defence and attack.

Yeah I highly doubt they'll get more than a half.

But that said, the result in itself is of little concern
Agree , it’s a trial and it should be for giving every player in the 30 and the development players sone game time before round 1.

Results are meaningless.

Is anyone else not suspicious about there being no Aloiai, I feel he is one player that is right in the centre of contention of possibly making or not making the 17 for Vegas. With Jake and Paseka the only 2 middles who have their spots set the other 3 spots are up for grabs ( 2 starting props, lock and 2 bench replacement middle forwards).

I have a feeling he got injured last week just before game day and that's why he pulled out and they just giving him an extra week off this week just to give more time to heal. Would love to hear any news about him because us paying for 600k for him is too much for a player who can't make starting side and that's even with lodge not back in the frame yet.

With that said it's out of;
Sipley - who is named captain and was one of the best forwards in the comp last 6 weeks last year
Bullemor - his leg speed off the bench and consistency got him recognised as top 10 bench players in the comp last year
Brown - Seibs has sent multiple times that if he keeps training the way he is he is on for a spot in round 1.
Aloiai - Came off a pretty average season last year and has errors in his game.

I'm not fazed by the Roosters having a strong team. I think it's a good thing for the fringe players. If they can put up a good effort against them then they can be considered a genuine possibility for 1st Gde. If they can't match it, then I'm happy to see that in a trial and not in a comp game.

Certainly the backline will be tested so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got (or haven't).

Great to see Sips back early.

Is anyone else not suspicious about there being no Aloiai, I feel he is one player that is right in the centre of contention of possibly making or not making the 17 for Vegas. With Jake and Paseka the only 2 middles who have their spots set the other 3 spots are up for grabs ( 2 starting props, lock and 2 bench replacement middle forwards).

I have a feeling he got injured last week just before game day and that's why he pulled out and they just giving him an extra week off this week just to give more time to heal. Would love to hear any news about him because us paying for 600k for him is too much for a player who can't make starting side and that's even with lodge not back in the frame yet.
Maybe he's working on his social media skills and learning how to stay out of his own way…

‘Not intentional’: Aloiai ‘accidentally’ liked racially charged Latrell comment​

by Dan Walsh and Michael Chammas

A mortified Josh Aloiai has deleted his ‘like’ of a social media comment that claimed Souths star Latrell Mitchell “always plays the racism card”, saying he had accidentally liked the offending comment.

Just weeks out from a landmark round one Manly-South Sydney clash between the famous clubs in Las Vegas, the Manly prop told this masthead he had not intended to like the comment and immediately deleted it when it was brought to his attention.

Mitchell is in camp with the Indigenous All Stars in Townsville ahead of the annual NRL fixture against the Maori All Stars on Friday night.

In an interview with Nine News on Monday night, he and brother Shaquai detailed some of the racial abuse they suffered playing junior footy in their home town of Taree.

A comment on Nine’s Instagram post read, “biggest sook an [sic] always plays the racism card”. Aloiai was among the individuals who liked the comment from his own personal account, which has been verified by Instagram.

“I was looking through Instagram as I normally do,” Aloiai said in a statement provided to the Herald.

“I saw a post from Latrell, and I was going through it when I accidentally liked a comment as I was scrolling. When I was made aware of this, I immediately deleted it. If anyone saw it, I would like to say that it was certainly not intentional at all.”

The Rabbitohs were not aware of Aloiai’s mistake when approached by this masthead, but privately expressed their disappointment.

The NRL was also approached for comment and has begun making its own inquiries into the matter.

In the interview with Nine News, the Mitchell brothers gave a frank insight into the abuse they had been subjected to from parents at junior footy games.

“[There was] a lot of racism when we grew up as kids,” Latrell Mitchell said. “People driving past in their cars yelling out, ‘Black this’ and, ‘Black that’. Other examples, we were at games [as] nine and 10-year-old kids playing for Taree Rovers [with] parents yelling out and being racist because we were carving their kids up.

“[It was] scary, 100 percent. We used to have to sprint home, close the curtains and lock the doors. Stuff like that just makes you feel inferior.”

While Mitchell is the star attraction in the Indigenous side, coached by Ronnie Griffiths, Aloiai was not named for Manly’s trial match against the Roosters in Gosford on Saturday.

Mitchell will join South Sydney teammates and staff to fly to the US on February 19 while Manly take off two days later.

The two clubs open the NRL season at Allegiant Stadium – scene of Monday’s Super Bowl – on Sunday, March 3 (AEDT).

I'm not fazed by the Roosters having a strong team. I think it's a good thing for the fringe players. If they can put up a good effort against them then they can be considered a genuine possibility for 1st Gde. If they can't match it, then I'm happy to see that in a trial and not in a comp game.

Certainly the backline will be tested so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got (or haven't).

Great to see Sips back early.
There is a lot of match ups to look forward to this weekend against a full strength roosters.
1. Paulo vs Vaega for left wing spot
2. Burbo vs Schuster for left edge spot
3. Sipley (prop) vs Brown (lock and jake prop) for potential starting spot
4. Humphries vs Gordie for 14 spot

Maybe he's working on his social media skills and learning how to stay out of his own way…

‘Not intentional’: Aloiai ‘accidentally’ liked racially charged Latrell comment​

by Dan Walsh and Michael Chammas

A mortified Josh Aloiai has deleted his ‘like’ of a social media comment that claimed Souths star Latrell Mitchell “always plays the racism card”, saying he had accidentally liked the offending comment.

Just weeks out from a landmark round one Manly-South Sydney clash between the famous clubs in Las Vegas, the Manly prop told this masthead he had not intended to like the comment and immediately deleted it when it was brought to his attention.

Mitchell is in camp with the Indigenous All Stars in Townsville ahead of the annual NRL fixture against the Maori All Stars on Friday night.

In an interview with Nine News on Monday night, he and brother Shaquai detailed some of the racial abuse they suffered playing junior footy in their home town of Taree.

A comment on Nine’s Instagram post read, “biggest sook an [sic] always plays the racism card”. Aloiai was among the individuals who liked the comment from his own personal account, which has been verified by Instagram.

“I was looking through Instagram as I normally do,” Aloiai said in a statement provided to the Herald.

“I saw a post from Latrell, and I was going through it when I accidentally liked a comment as I was scrolling. When I was made aware of this, I immediately deleted it. If anyone saw it, I would like to say that it was certainly not intentional at all.”

The Rabbitohs were not aware of Aloiai’s mistake when approached by this masthead, but privately expressed their disappointment.

The NRL was also approached for comment and has begun making its own inquiries into the matter.

In the interview with Nine News, the Mitchell brothers gave a frank insight into the abuse they had been subjected to from parents at junior footy games.

“[There was] a lot of racism when we grew up as kids,” Latrell Mitchell said. “People driving past in their cars yelling out, ‘Black this’ and, ‘Black that’. Other examples, we were at games [as] nine and 10-year-old kids playing for Taree Rovers [with] parents yelling out and being racist because we were carving their kids up.

“[It was] scary, 100 percent. We used to have to sprint home, close the curtains and lock the doors. Stuff like that just makes you feel inferior.”

While Mitchell is the star attraction in the Indigenous side, coached by Ronnie Griffiths, Aloiai was not named for Manly’s trial match against the Roosters in Gosford on Saturday.

Mitchell will join South Sydney teammates and staff to fly to the US on February 19 while Manly take off two days later.

The two clubs open the NRL season at Allegiant Stadium – scene of Monday’s Super Bowl – on Sunday, March 3 (AEDT).
Schuster at 800k and Aloiai at 600k are the only 2 overpaid players in the club and seem to be the only 2 who bring down the clubs reputation. With Burbo excelling as a player and being a great person and suits Brooks game as well as the great recruitment of Nathan Brown wouldn't mind giving the 2 Samoan Josh's the flick either halfway through the season or at the end of the season if they don't perform and use 1.4 million more effectively.

Schuster at 800k and Aloiai at 600k are the only 2 overpaid players in the club and seem to be the only 2 who bring down the clubs reputation. With Burbo excelling as a player and being a great person and suits Brooks game as well as the great recruitment of Nathan Brown wouldn't mind giving the 2 Samoan Josh's the flick either halfway through the season or at the end of the season if they don't perform and use 1.4 million more effectively.
I wouldn’t say Schuster brings down the club’s reputation, he’s never done anything off field that has put us in a bad light

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8