Trial ticket prices

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Anyone who went too the trial on the CC, what were ticket costs?

Adult entry to the sunshine coast trial are $36 for an adult.

I don't know about you guys but if I were to pay that price and the same team ran out I'd be pissed.

Am i the only one who thinks that price is way off mark for a trial?

swans played a pre season game at telstra last night and it was free!!!!

36 bucks, that is madness, if they keep that up AFL will take over in 10 years, its a trial, kids should be free etc at least

Went to the Tigers/Roosters game last night, tickets were 22 bucks. That is pretty much what I expected though.

Good game as well, so got plenty of value for my coin.

Darren link said:
swans played a pre season game at telstra last night and it was free!!!!

Yeah, bit it's only AFL.  There will be a sell out at Quade Park, even with those prices.

The administration of the NRL has to be the worst of any sport.

How an inferior product like AFL can be so so popular and increase in popularity pretty much says they have the best marketing heads, and the best administration team of any sport in Australia.

Rugby League is a much better sport and product, if only they had the team to make it one!

AFL have bucketloads of cash to splurge on doing exactly what they are doing. They are targeting the next generation of supporters, the kids in primary schools and are prepared for the long ride and are not necessarily looking for an instant return on their investment.

Corso_Pete link said:
AFL have bucketloads of cash to splurge on doing exactly what they are doing. They are targeting the next generation of supporters, the kids in primary schools and are prepared for the long ride and are not necessarily looking for an instant return on their investment.

And how did they get that cash. This is my point exactly!

To a point the AFL have an unfair advantage when it comes to the cash injected by the TV networks.

They are able to sell a truly national product, unlike the NRL which is essentially limited to NSW & QLD.

And lets not forget that when Packer bought the rights to the NRL after the Ten Network went belly up 15 or so years ago no other commercial network wanted it and PAY TV was just something that occurred in other countries. Packer did what he did best and screwed the NRL for every cent and that coupled with the Super League fiasco has right royally screwed the NRL.

The AFL have not had to deal with any of these dramas and the have a cash war chest to ride out any storms that occur. It was not that long ago they I went to my one and only AFL game at the SCG as a corporate guest and the crowd was about 7000. Of course the AFL continued to prop us the Swans as they knew the real value of a truly national competition when it came to TV rights.

AFL did not have a smash and grab made by a media organisation in the mid 90s that turned the game inside out, nor ia it administered by a media company more interested in its own profits and focussing it inwards rather than outwards.

The game lost credibility and many years of history were ruined as the control of the game was taken on by those other than custodians of the game. We have not recovered and lost a lot of reserves trying to fight others wanting power of the sport.

Game scheduling etc is still a festering sore, as is promotion and marketing etc. It is only that the game is a great viewing sport that it survives. Don't forget that our once great club was nearly a casualty in the 'war' and we are still struggling in many areas as a result!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4