Trial Thread - Manly V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we were coming off a strong season, I’d agree that it’s only a trial. But given we nearly got the spoon and the same bad habits are still there, I fear we’re in for another poor year. And yes, I know there was no Foran,DCE, Walker, but as we have no decent hooker and fullback, tell me how we will compete against the Roosters, Souths, Penrith and our bogey team the Dragons?

2021 is ours! Lol
Well it might be trial and we have a few out but this is pathetic defense and just more of the same last years rubbish. Nothing has changed and bottom 4 is very likely.
I disagree.. while we got towelled up its only fair to point out they played all there nrl players while we had all of our best players out. After cust got injured we had nothing. Then birt came on very late and showed he can give us direction and stability in the 9. He held the middle better then the other 2 and with more time would of only gotten better. Bit of Harry grant about him. Shame Dasler didn't play him the entire 2nd half, game could of been alot different. With foran turbo saab jake and dce coming into the side it changes completely. Add walker and its a new team. Dont fret yet brother wait till after round 1 for all the doom and gloom. Anyone supporting another team is laughing at comments like that after a trial. Lots of negatives but also some shining lights.
Paseka
Marty
Keppie
Aloiai all looked pretty strong

Davey and Schuster very impressive. Birt looked very good for the limited time he was on, directing the boys where he wanted and not scared to take a dart. Right side is a problem again.. Suli and siro got trampled young rooster winger not 1st grade standard. Davey might be starting after that showing. Very strong runner and has a good offload in him. Could become a crowd favourite. He did oust Lane last year and Lane is better than jetski. Jetski had some good runs and looks more comfortable. Foran will spark up a good combo with him me thinks.

End of the day the tigers showed their hand.. we gave nothing! Harper did a decent job but i think Funa will be fullback come round 1. Chin up mickqld and bring on round 1.

Last edited:
Seriously some of you guys massive panic stations lucky you aint coaches... didnt realie we have to win trials to be competitive.... we'll be fine

Absolutely agree with you Sea Eagle. Some of our fringe players have probably played their way out of early contention (Parker, Tupilota et al), but others looked pretty good (Schuster, Davey, Aloia) etc
FFS guys it was a trial game only. Most of our key players were rested so Des could have a look at the others. We played a full strength NRL team. It served a purpose for Des and the coaching staff. I hope those that write us off now based on that trial, will be prepared to eat their words when we make the finals at the end of the season. Go Manly.

Seriously only a trial....scores irrelevant....combinations missing with zero spine apart from Schu, who I reckon was near best on the field in a beaten team.
Davey and Aloiai looked very good, dissappointed in Tippytoes on the wing as looked off the pace for whatever reason....but my only concern is the number 1 rule in the modern game...holding the tempo in the middle where Tigers seemed to control, dominate and every win for them - started from there...

If we were coming off a strong season, I’d agree that it’s only a trial. But given we nearly got the spoon and the same bad habits are still there, I fear we’re in for another poor year. And yes, I know there was no Foran,DCE, Walker, but as we have no decent hooker and fullback, tell me how we will compete against the Roosters, Souths, Penrith and our bogey team the Dragons?
Even when we had our first grade players on we looked so unfit and slow yes no foran, DCE turbo bros walker cust for most of the game.

Trial game yes but very concerning from where I sit. Josh clearly ready for full time first grade this year.

Roosters rabbits Panthers and even dragons going to give us a reality check in the opening rounds.

Will support the boys but not confident at all for 2021.

Facts

They played almost a full strength nrl side.

We had all of our best players out.

Take Latrell Mitchell cody walker Reynolds and cook out of souths and who are they? Then take out Campbell Graham and cam Murray.... how can they beat an nrl side without these players?
I agree with you on this fact we were no where near full strength at all but still the hunger was not there from our players today glad I didn't go to the match live was hard enough watching that on kayo

It’s not the score that concerns me but our right side defence. Sirro would not be in my 17 at the moment he won’t pass it and keep stepping inside and Leulua owned him today. I was over impressed with Gonski either. Davey and O would be my starting 2nd row. I saw enough of Birt to be satisfied he should be our starting 9.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7