Trial Thread - Manly V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure how anyone can say Sirro is getting a bath - watch the game - Leilua is attacking Weekes and running rampant over the young man. Every time he hits the ball - he is picking Weekes out and trampling him. Harper - very good. Aloiai very good. No dummy half with Cust injured is killing us. The lack of quickness to get up off the ground in defence and be at marker is also killing us - Suli lacksadasical effort in the first try I think. Other players lying on the ground after a tackle. Not great but not as bad as everyone is making out - 4 tries running at Weekes - pretty simple game plan.
100% both Siro and Suli are overcompensating for Weekes in defense which has opened up holes in the right side D. I'm less concerned about this because Daly has such good D.

No surprises, really, since 2021 has looked like a continuation of 2020 in all areas, but man, it really worries me that all of the glaring faults in our play from last season are still glaring faults in our play: absolutely no idea what to do with the ball whenever we're in the attacking zone, and absolutely no commitment in defence. Watching senior players like Tapau and Sironen turn their backs and walk back into the defensive line just bugs the **** out of me. It doesn't matter if it's a trial - play the game with a bit of pride.

same **** different year

errors, slow play, terrible defence especially on the Suli side

haven’t adapted at all to the 6 agains or the speed of the game

offer not much in attach except for Schuster

get ready to battle for the spoon!!
Hmmm. I thought I had you on ignore. Will rectify that oversight immediately.

Not sure how anyone can say Sirro is getting a bath - watch the game - Leilua is attacking Weekes and running rampant over the young man. Every time he hits the ball - he is picking Weekes out and trampling him. Harper - very good. Aloiai very good. No dummy half with Cust injured is killing us. The lack of quickness to get up off the ground in defence and be at marker is also killing us - Suli lacksadasical effort in the first try I think. Other players lying on the ground after a tackle. Not great but not as bad as everyone is making out - 4 tries running at Weekes - pretty simple game plan.
Yes ,Weekes looking weak in defence this week.

Harper is good. We've had a couple of near misses so don't pay too much attention to the scoreline.
We look like a decent middle of the comp season coming up, Doh.
Cust getting hurt requires the rugby league gods to reward us with Ernie becoming an instant star :)
lol ernie. you. clown ser8

iu

Me coaching....

I can see what you are saying and I doubt they would be doing the same with DCE because he's a known quantity as a defender. Weekes is seen as the weak link today so they're targeting him.

Look, we haven't done too bad today save the right side copping a pasting. But remember Cherry will be in for Weekes and Saab will also be there so it'll look a lot different come Rd.1.

Dummy half is now the main concern. I think Harper has been OK at fullback, but whether Des gives him the jumper or Funa remains to be seen.

if you go average age forwards v backs....

I don't think there's been a bigger difference in manly ever!

it's like forwards 28 y.o.

backs 16

Ah, feels like 2020. Us with little defence and giving away stupid penalties. This all leads to no possession. Again though, it is a trial

the whole play was a cluster... but shuster shoulda stayed in the field of play.

that james roberts seems fast.

surprised bozo hasn't mentioned him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7