Trial numero uno.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Old school players 80s/90s would bash player's 100kg- 120kg with impact in the guts...players today are rightfully trained to wrestle and grab opponents to slow the play ball.
Its like the argument who is the best player of all time....not too many giants apart from Beetson/Provan...more the Fulton//Johns/Lewis/Langlands type
Yes today's players are bigger...but not better.

Old school players 70s/80s/90s would bash player's 100kg- 120kg with impact in the guts...players today are rightfully trained to wrestle and grab opponents to slow the play ball.
Its like the argument who is the best player of all time....not too many giants apart from Beetson/Provan...more the Fulton//Johns/Lewis/Langlands type
Yes today's players are bigger...but not better.

I think match fitness is still a big thing .
It's like the whole- taking games to other teams homes (where profit seems to outweigh the 2 weekly points).
The monetary loss for long term injuries (especially on blue chip players) probably also far outweighs a couple of lost points from opening rounds.
My guess this is a league wide conundrum with different teams taking different approaches.
You got to say the Bronco's will be more match ready after 4 trials than us with our one.
But will they be down on injured stocks ? Time will tell.

Just wanted to gauge everyone's thoughts on us running just the one trial?

Most clubs running two, Broncos's three I think?

For mine I'd have preferred two, one this weekend excluding DCE and Turbo, with players like Taupau, Sirro getting 20 odd minutes while the fringe guys and youngsters play then most.

The a pretty much full hit out next week

Each to their own but a hit out with a team like this would be ideal

1.Elliott
2.Garrick (20-30min)
3.Suli (half)
4.Parker (half)
5.Tafua (20-30min)
6.Croker
7.Cust
8.Taupau (20min)
9.Levi
10.Keppie
11.Sirro (20-30min)
12.Jetski
13.Wadell

14.Metcalf
15.Boyle
16.Sipley
17.Haumole
18.Hopoate (injured?)
19.Funa
20.Izzard
21.Saddler
22.Shuster
23.Burbo
24.T Williams
25.Smith (injured?)

One is plenty. Probably another would be OK if we had a bunch of new guys but Levi is really our only new guy - and imagine if he got hurt in a stupid trial!

I haven't seen any of the training sessions this year however, if what was reported that happened last year is any indication, they are having very high intensity opposed impact sessions at Narrabeen and probably split into 40 minute halves with combinations varying to see what works best and what needs improvement.

In the trials, the top players usually only get 20 to 40 minutes anyway, so it's really nothing other than a brief 'hit out' where 'fringe' players are trying to impress.

Sure, there's nothing like match practice however, all teams will be at the same level in reality.

No team in their right mind would want to show new structured moves, as it's all videoed.

Trials are all just about. "Yes they work together well and we did that well" or "Okay, we need to improve on this".However, that constantly happens throughout the season anyway.

We could have a 'lean' start to the season however, I predict a huge run home to the finals, barring any major injuries.

Never have
Hmmm... Actually they have won trial matches. I'll never forget Snoz's first match for Manly at Belmore in a trial and he absolutely tore the Bulldogs up. They've also actually beaten the Sharks in a trial, however, yep, it is rare.

Just wanted to gauge everyone's thoughts on us running just the one trial?

Most clubs running two, Broncos's three I think?

For mine I'd have preferred two, one this weekend excluding DCE and Turbo, with players like Taupau, Sirro getting 20 odd minutes while the fringe guys and youngsters play then most.

The a pretty much full hit out next week

Each to their own but a hit out with a team like this would be ideal

1.Elliott
2.Garrick (20-30min)
3.Suli (half)
4.Parker (half)
5.Tafua (20-30min)
6.Croker
7.Cust
8.Taupau (20min)
9.Levi
10.Keppie
11.Sirro (20-30min)
12.Jetski
13.Wadell

14.Metcalf
15.Boyle
16.Sipley
17.Haumole
18.Hopoate (injured?)
19.Funa
20.Izzard
21.Saddler
22.Shuster
23.Burbo
24.T Williams
25.Smith (injured?)
Well broncos need to trial for a new prop..
I would not do more than two trials, top 17 play two games of 40 mins max.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8