Trent: I helped build Manly's revival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s a bit like a Brett Kimmorley claiming he’s responsible for Manly coming back out of the Northern Eagles mess.

Barrett coaches so badly the Penns has to swallow their pride and go to Des. Kimmorley played so badly nobody went to the Northern Eagles games.

Memories are made of this ....

Lets Look at the pride shown by Trent in a typical press conference and the emotional state he has on Manlys captain DCE

That is the legacy he left just before he quit .

index.jpg

He sure did help us.

He is 100% right.

He led us to 15th and forced the owners to sack him.

What more could you ask from a man who's coaching record makes Peter Sharp look like Jack Gibson.

Obviously it easy to pick holes in this article and spit vitriol at Baz...but that can come off as sour grapes and be cast off as your typical "uneducated rugby league fan rant".

But...

I have to say, looking at this article, it is seriously scary how deluded this guy is...he might need a shrink.

"Tommy Turbo had only played 5 games" - what are you implying here Baz? He was earmarked from the time he played under 5's. You didn't have to be much of a talent scout to see where he was going end up?! It is only under Des that he is starting to refine the "attention to detail" aspects of his game instead of relying on raw talent, like he did under your regime for three seasons.

Curtis Sironen? He would have stayed in reserve grade at any other club, the way he played under you. It is only now under Des that he is starting to reach his potential.

In 2017 we had a patchy year under your tutelage...we were far from consistent and got lapped a number of times. Do not try and compare what has happened this year under Des to 2017...we have been consistent, played under duress, won with significant injuries and showed a resolve on our line that was never seen with you at the helm.

You are correct in saying that 2018 was a "write off" because of the off-field stuff, but I question how much of that off-field stuff was a result of the culture you built at the club...

I'm not going to take anymore pot shots at an obviously ill, delusional man.
He might be auditioning for a part in a remake of A Beautiful Mind.
Or Shutter Island.
Some people see things others can't.
Either true or false.
Very very sad...

Obviously it easy to pick holes in this article and spit vitriol at Baz...but that can come off as sour grapes and be cast off as your typical "uneducated rugby league fan rant".

But...

I have to say, looking at this article, it is seriously scary how deluded this guy is...he might need a shrink.

"Tommy Turbo had only played 5 games" - what are you implying here Baz? He was earmarked from the time he played under 5's. You didn't have to be much of a talent scout to see where he was going end up?! It is only under Des that he is starting to refine the "attention to detail" aspects of his game instead of relying on raw talent, like he did under your regime for three seasons.

Curtis Sironen? He would have stayed in reserve grade at any other club, the way he played under you. It is only now under Des that he is starting to reach his potential.

In 2017 we had a patchy year under your tutelage...we were far from consistent and got lapped a number of times. Do not try and compare what has happened this year under Des to 2017...we have been consistent, played under duress, won with significant injuries and showed a resolve on our line that was never seen with you at the helm.

You are correct in saying that 2018 was a "write off" because of the off-field stuff, but I question how much of that off-field stuff was a result of the culture you built at the club...
I’d also go as far to say that Tom was defensively a poor fullback under Trent, probably for a couple of seasons. Any numbnut could see Tom was a great attacking weapon. Should never have hired that dud frm the dragons!

I’m thinking this was a very deliberate article by the Daily Terrorgraph to try and get under our skins. At least a lot of us are seeing the funny side of it

I heard he took the only positive influence he brought to the club when he left. 6 cheap plastic kmart outdoor chairs.

Maybe he meant he educated the players what not to do. Now fellas dont have any respect for a coach who tries to be your mate, takes you out to the rippers and gets on the piss with ya then takes sides when a couple of you punch on and puts his selfish pride first and picks players out of position in first grade rather than pick the best man for the job. Employ a trainer who uses pickle juice as a training regime.

But most of all ahead of your first game channel some marvel daredevil character and pretend you are in Hollywood rather than the nrl.

Wait thats it you have been acting as a coach for a few years. Some people even bought it. Call Adam Sandler and see if the Longest Yard 2 is in the pipeline and play a young Burt Reynolds.

In Desus we trust.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8