Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hi guys, don't really post much anymore. I know this is against the grain, as it is a positive post.

I was down at the Wharf Bar in Manly today, and who walks in on his own, but Trent Barrett (I may have told my colleagues he looks like a bit of a dreamboat ;) ) hahahaha.

I thought, **** it, you get these opportunities once, so I went up and intruoduced myself.

He was very welcoming, open and we had a pretty good chat about quite a few things. Obviously be completely inappropriate for me to just bleat everything we spoke about.

I know that doesn't mean much to people.

What stood out though, was that he was down there meeting a major International Bank (on his own), with a view to acquiring a sponsorship for our Eagles.

He told me he had rellocated to The Beaches now (and it was a really hectic move!!!).

Boy, he is passionate about success. He was first to extend a hand of friendship, and gave his time and focus without being (you could tell) all over the place with his mind elsewhere. I really love that in people these days, as we have all become so time poor.

All I can say, is I'm excited. Love to see this International Bank get on board. Would be a massive coup.

Looks like the club are actively (including our coach) looking to grow corporate sponsorship to ensure our future.

Great, down to earth bloke as well.
Great post feathered friend !!!

Ummmmmmm.....noooooo??? Not letting myself be put in that position again. Not going through the Foran saga ever again on these boards.

Hahaha.

I was called a liar, abused, made fun of, so nah, not providing any ammo whatsoever mate :)
Fair enough. You have to know though that 'Foz Coffee Shop Gate' was one of the most intriguing, posts I have ever followed during my five years on Silvertails.
It would be so good if you had something to give us, other then a sponsor.
Imagine if it was Jack Bird he was meeting. Lol

Fair enough. You have to know though that 'Foz Coffee Shop Gate' was one of the most intriguing, posts I have ever followed during my five years on Silvertails.
It would be so good if you had something to give us, other then a sponsor.
Imagine if it was Jack Bird he was meeting. Lol
where can i find the post, i'm intriuged already

Ummmmmmm.....noooooo??? Not letting myself be put in that position again. Not going through the Foran saga ever again on these boards.

Hahaha.

I was called a liar, abused, made fun of, so nah, not providing any ammo whatsoever mate :)
I am so glad you told us that about them 3

It made everything make sense

Just because some dimwits had a go don't feel bad about the truth you told

Hi guys, don't really post much anymore. I know this is against the grain, as it is a positive post.

I was down at the Wharf Bar in Manly today, and who walks in on his own, but Trent Barrett (I may have told my colleagues he looks like a bit of a dreamboat ;) ) hahahaha.

I thought, **** it, you get these opportunities once, so I went up and intruoduced myself.

He was very welcoming, open and we had a pretty good chat about quite a few things. Obviously be completely inappropriate for me to just bleat everything we spoke about.

What stood out though, was that he was down there meeting a major International Bank (on his own), with a view to acquiring a sponsorship for our Eagles.

He told me he had rellocated to The Beaches now (and it was a really hectic move!!!).

Boy, he is passionate about success. He was first to extend a hand of friendship, and gave his time and focus without being (you could tell) all over the place with his mind elsewhere. I really love that in people these days, as we have all become so time poor.

All I can say, is I'm excited. Love to see this International Bank get on board. Would be a massive coup.

Looks like the club are actively (including our coach) looking to grow corporate sponsorship to ensure our future.

Hmmmm, The Manly Warringah HSBC Eagles has a good ring to it????????

Hahaha.

I'll take that as a "yes, and the rumours are true"! ;)

@Ryan I always appreciated your reporting the coffee shop incident. Sorry you copped a hard time for it. I guess everyone is crazy passionate here. Some more one than the other, and some of us swap the crazy and the passionate!
One question. No names. Did you discuss possible signings?

Hi Ryan, great post thanks mate, good to read your posts again, take care champ

Hahaha.

On ya Ryan! People have a tendancy of shooting the messanger for no reason. Good to hear Barrett is down to earth and welcoming.

One problem with information allegedly passed on to fans from insiders is that you'd have to assume it is mostly on a 'but you can't tell anyone basis' which means that the poster who then instantly betrays the confidence by blabbing it to the world on the internet is automatically suspect. Ryan's post above certainly does not fall into this category, so ... I like it!!

I for one have always enjoyed @Ryan postings on here.

He did cop some **** for " coffee gate " which was bloody sad.

One thing I don't like about this forum ( at times) is the need to belittle a poster who has differing opinions to yours.

I guess that's life these days but I don't have to like it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post @Ryan. Good to hear that Barrett is passionate about success, its a good quality to have.

Seems like he is really invested in the club which is nice to know.

His did cop some **** for " coffee gate " which was bloody sad.

One thing I don't like about this forum ( at times) is the need to belittle a poster who has differing opinions to yours.

I was out of internet range when coffee gate blew up so I don't know.

But I can't imagine that Ryan wouldn't have given back anything he copped with interest.

One thing that struck me was that Barrett is meeting with a potential sponsor.

While that is great by Trent and maybe common practice, I would've thought he'd be at any previous meeting of sponsors and the Penns.

Maybe the potential sponsors requested a meeting with Trent?

Sounds odd to me that they all didn't meet together but nice to hear Trent is courting new sponsors.

I was out of internet range when coffee gate blew up so I don't know.

But I can't imagine that Ryan wouldn't have given back anything he copped with interest.

He did but I think the experience has jaded him somewhat.

Great, down to earth bloke as well.[/QUOBe gone with you Ryan. Unless you slam the Penns, Kelly, zorba,

Be gone with you Ryan. Unless you slam the Penns, Kelly, zorba, bozo, Barrett or the club in general you are not welcome here. Lol

I think giving DCE a roving role is a very smart idea. Hopefilly the first of many from Barrett . I for one hope he succeeds .
It will definitely make us less predictable in attack . I think Daly is a smart man too and His roaming should be able to exploit teams weaknesses .
The two things you cannot coach are speed and brains .

This is part of the reason DCE has not beem successful at Origin level. JT has a free pass to insert where he sees fit. DCE is at his most dangerous when he does this too. Previously, DCE and Foran complemented each other but I think DCE outgrew him in the last two seasons, hence his improved play without him on the field. Should be interesting to see how 2016 plays out for him. He just needs to stay healthy!

He did cop some **** for " coffee gate " which was bloody sad.

Here here Mark and well said, there are a few that like to put shiite on Ryan but I have always enjoyed his posts also.

@ Ryan, haters are always going to be haters m8, don't give shiite about anyone elses opinion. The only one that count at the end of the day buddy are your own.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10