Trbojevic set to pull out of Origin and Brandy admits it ‘would be a big blow’ for NSW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Tom Trbojevic looks set to withdraw from the NSW squad for the upcoming State of Origin series.
The young gun back missed the end of Manly’s NRL season with a shoulder injury, on top of missing half the season with a hamstring issue.

The Daily Telegraph reports Trbojevic will pull out of the squad only days after he was one of five players named by coach Brad Fittler in a preliminary list.

NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent suggested the Sea Eagles star had been pressured by people at club level, who want to see him concentrate on being fit for the start of the 2021 season.

Fittler’s senior advisor Greg Alexander told NRL 360 while Trbojevic hasn’t informed them of his withdrawal yet, he will be a huge loss to the team if he does.

“Yeah, it would. Tommy is a great player,” Alexander said.

“You only have to look at what he did for NSW in 2018... he played on the wing, he was one of our best players last year at right centre, was fantastic for us.

“If Tom is not available that would be a blow.”

Trbojevic would have most likely played in the centres for NSW during the series in November.

His natural position is fullback but James Tedesco has his name etched on that jumper already.

ttler told 2GB he was unaware of the report claiming Trbojevic will withdraw.

“That’s the first I’ve heard about it,” Fittler said on Wednesday.

“I’ve always said I’ll be gauged by the (Manly) doctor Nathan Gibbs. I’ll be speaking to Nathan Gibbs over the next few days to see how much truth there is in that.”

Good give lomax a go
Great player is the 21 year old Lomax . Nothing fazes him . Great goal kicker as well .
I am pleased that Tom did the honourable thing putting our club first . Tom is a leader and it was important he would set a great example to his team mates about the passion of putting the Manly team and the club first .
Well done Tom .

Should never have been picked in the first place. Fuking Fittler and Alexander only concerned with their blues positions and not the players welfare. Ridiculous to think that Tom would ever be ok for origin.
I am not surprised Tom was selected for NSW
Fittler and Alexander want NSW to win at all cost .
007 DCE will single handedly spoil their party just the same

Should never have been picked in the first place. Fuking Fittler and Alexander only concerned with their blues positions and not the players welfare. Ridiculous to think that Tom would ever be ok for origin.

Andrew Johns had hardly played in 2005 before being picked for Origin II and putting in what is probably the best ever individual performance at Origin level.

You have to give them credit for picking their players and giving them every chance to be fit.

They don’t give care about Manly all they are focussed on Is winning SOO 2020. I expect any medical expert worth his salt will say that is beneficial to his playing longetovity that he is rested and recovers fully for 2020. . Of course a young guy who has been out most of the season wants to play but is that the wise decision? Probably not.

They don’t give care about Manly all they are focussed on Is winning SOO 2020. I expect any medical expert worth his salt will say that is beneficial to his playing longetovity that he is rested and recovers fully for 2020. . Of course a young guy who has been out most of the season wants to play but is that the wise decision? Probably not.
Bet if it was a roosters player Freddie would be told hands off our club and not pick the player in the first place.

Self interest so clear here from Freddie.

But the NSW doc is the Manly doc?

And the prize for the longest thread title once again, 3rd year running, goes to...

hahaha

cough

NSW Origin coach Brad Fittler says he will speak to Manly doctor Nathan Gibbs after reports suggested Tom Trbojevic could be a shock withdrawal from his squad.

Trbojevic was one of five players named as a part of Fittler's initial Blues squad for the 2020 State of Origin series, but has reportedly struggled with his shoulder rehabilitation.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Trbojevic is set to pull his name from the squad due to his recovery being slower than anticipated, but Fittler said he had not received such news from the Manly star.

Again, Tom’s body is taking longer to heal than expected. I’m trying not to be negative, but this guy’s body is already pretty knackered for a young man. Very concerning for us (Manly) moving forward.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4