Trbojevic ‘losing patience’ with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That is total BS. Dolphins would pay Turbo 1.4 million today as would Tigers, Dogs and a few others. It may have some clauses over # of matches played.

Jake would certainly be wanted by most clubs, but perhaps not on the 900k he is on at Manly.

Manly need to do right as far as the Turbo bros go. Imagine how schiit we would be without them.
I agree, clubs would pay that but most clubs have spent their cap and the attraction at Manly,.if there is one, is they can all play together

They may ask for a release but it isn't happening they will be held to their contracts why people are worried I don't get it.

Not posted much of late and somebody may have posted this in the numerous pages, but I think Siebold has been in part deliberately targeted to soften the blow of Des sacking. Our three key players all have an existing relationship with him. And it wouldn’t even surprise me if they have been kept up to speed on what’s going on with this situation. Perhaps even had sone input.

Screenshot_20221013-205716.png

🤣

Had we improved since 2016?
2016 was a massive failure. 2017 a reversal, although first week exit was poor and never were consistent. 2018 was basically the bad parts of 2016/2017 combined. It oversaw another strong downward trend. 2019 (baz gone) was a major reversal, 2020 our stock dropped again due to one of the more injury-affected seasons I can remember and covid. 2021 we carried on with 2019 and early 2020 form. 2021 PF but inexperience showed. 2022 we learned to play without trbo after a poor start.

Built slowly until we peaked after Knights/Cowboys/Storm game and the jersey thing tore it apart.

Overall, we have been on a stable trend upwards, in spite of some bad injuries and handicaps (fainu). 2018 we were lucky the eels crashed and burned to take the spoon from us. If jersey fiasco didn't happen we'd be finalists in 22' and we were already set for a better 23' with trbo back. If 2022 carried on normally we'd be looking back this time next year saying "Des and manly have finished in the top 8 4 out of the 5 past years, including a PF with a mostly inexperienced side back in 2021". Further, we were a more attractive club to sign for before all this drama and infighting. I don't know if we will have any recruits that aren't Isaac Moses puppets this offseason.

Anyways, not to be... The history has now happened. But another historical thing that has happened is Penn hiring an inexperienced, unrespected coach to get rapid results. We are now just as divided as we were way back when. And rushing things in rugby league rarely works out well for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 👍
Reactions: lsz
2016 - 13th on 20 pts
2022 - 11th on 20 pts

...guess you are right?
Come on, did 2016 have 6-7 straight losses off the back of a playing roster divide that made international news?

That's 12-14 points that we had no access to in 2022. As they teach in statistics courses, numbers mean absolutely nothing without context. As i mentioned, if we hadn't had this happen we'd be finals 22', and likely finalists w/ trbo back in 23'. 4/5 past seasons. Year's a long time in rugby league but it's hardly optimistic/wishful thinking

We had extremely winnable games at the back end of 22 and were even favoured to beat the roosters at the time (prior to the players withdrawing). Titans, Raiders, Bulldogs... Win a few and we were in. The problem was we didn't win again, and the players were not the same again. I don't blame them, I wouldn't play with as much passion if half the squad betrayed us.

Did 2016 have 6-7 straight losses off the back of a playing roster divide that made international news and caused security to keep players away from attending a game?!

That's 12-14 points that we had no access to in 2022. As they teach in statistics courses, numbers mean absolutely nothing without context.

We had extremely winnable games at the back end of 22 and were even favoured to beat the roosters at the time (prior to the players withdrawing). Titans, Raiders, Bulldogs...
We had access to those points... we just did not have a resilient squad that could get the job done... it wasn't some rainbow stripes that let 50 points in against the Raiders or 44 pts against the titans or 3 tries in 10 min against cows... etc etc etc
What about losing 8 of the last 9 in 2020? Was that because someone changed the laundry powder used on the jerseys?

We had access to those points... we just did not have a resilient squad that could get the job done... it wasn't some rainbow stripes that let 50 points in against the Raiders or 44 pts against the titans or 3 tries in 10 min against cows... etc etc etc
What about losing 8 of the last 9 in 2020? Was that because someone changed the laundry powder used on the jerseys?
Agree, we don't have the right personalities in the playing group. Good enough 80% of the time, but when the going got tough they folded. Seibold won't fix that. Bellamy couldn't. Des tried as much as he could to back them, but he is limited and is not on the field with them (but he sure did yell into that headset as if he was).

The last 8 games of 2020 were heavily injury affected (and our finals chances were gone so it was pretty dire/going through motions). Injuries to our backs finally forced Des to play Albert Hopoate (who many begged for) and all hype for him was quickly forgotten when his inexperience showed. That was a good example for when experienced coaches are right (I also was hoping to see Hoppa, but admit I was naive in expecting him to save our backs). NRL 2020 - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - Rugby League Project This site lists the teams that we had. No trbo, Brendon Elliot at fullback, Funa filling in (never found his spot), an aging Taufua in his last true season for us and Abaas Miski getting his go. Also Jetski, Waddell and Siro were frequently in our back row. We didn't have the cattle yet, and were decimated with injury/poor morale (and in covid). We still do need to balance our squad more. It was an even bigger issue for us back then though. I'd argue 2022 was the first year we started to see our team function without the stars dominating, which is a sign of a good coach.

Agree, we don't have the right personalities in the playing group. Good enough 80% of the time, but when the going got tough they folded. Seibold won't fix that. Bellamy couldn't. Des tried as much as he could to back them, but he is limited and is not on the field with them (but he sure did yell into that headset as if he was).

The last 8 games of 2020 were heavily injury affected (and our finals chances were gone so it was pretty lethargic/weak). So much so it finally forced Des to play Albert Hopoate (who many begged for) and all hype for him was quickly forgotten when his inexperience showed. NRL 2020 - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - Rugby League Project This site lists the teams that we had. No trbo, Brendon Elliot at fullback, Funa filling in (never found his spot), an aging Taufua in his last true season for us and Abaas Miski getting his go. Also Jetski, Waddell and Siro were frequently in our back row. We didn't have the cattle yet, and were decimated with injury/poor morale (and in covid).
I am not about to start slamming blokes because season is over and tbh I don't gaf atm (altho i am hoping to again at some point in 2023)...
However I would argue that the blokes in those guys spots now are not so much better that it is worth getting excited about where we are headed... and, whilst not defending Penn, that was my original point - we have bobbed up and down but got bloody nowhere since 2016... imo...

I am not about to start slamming blokes because season is over and tbh I don't gaf atm (altho i am hoping to again at some point in 2023)...
However I would argue that the blokes in those guys spots now are not so much better that it is worth getting excited about where we are headed... and, whilst not defending Penn, that was my original point - we have bobbed up and down but got bloody nowhere since 2016... imo...
Yeah, definitely not premiership ready like Penn bizarrely said the other day !

I will leave it here and it's been a good discussion but I think we were on a safe, gradual path to consistent finals appearances and eventually, tangible success. Time seemed to be the path (like Gus' "5" year plan), whereas now the club is pitting time as the enemy. Guess time will tell. Our side has been reshaped by juniors over the last season and a half, which has been nice. Then i'd expect the next step would have been to look towards recruitment for helping fix the weak links. The latest ****fight will make the next stage quite problematic now! :drunk:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10