Travis Burns Role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
I must say as the game wentr on, i just didnt know who Des was going to take off to get Travis on the field,

but it was interesting, in light of some of the discussions on this forum over the last few weeks that Travis came on, packed down in the scrums and played a bit of a back rowers role in attack and defence.

Just interesting i thought, i guess we where a forward down , it shows Des has great faith in his toughness and defence as the last 15 mins was a vital time for obvious reasons.

As previoulsy mentioned, in a few years time after some more work on the weights, he may make a great lock forward!

Yeah, I'm willing to start throwing the "I told you so"'s around.

It just seems so obvious to me.

im just waiting to get accused of Drug Taking again buy one regular poster famous for his blinkered views with a lack of imagination. Seems like Dessie is on the same drugs! lol

Yep, he replaced Williamson when he came on. Could turn into a very useful little utility. Maybe Des was giving him a test with the possibility Watmough may be out this week and he could start at Lock with Willo pushing up

noticed he packed into the scrums at 2nd Row!

like ive always maintained, while 5/8 is still possibly his ideal role, Dessie seems to like Killer at 5/8 so over time Travis may well develop into a handy lock-5/8

To me he is a bit like a smaller Braith Anasta, more of a runner than a passer. get into the Gym Burnsy!

15 mins or so I guess Byso, not sure to be honest,

but the point is unless he was going to play in the back row, he wasnt getting onto the field.

As my point was originally, he mayby should consider a switch or at least preparation to play in the back row if he wants more game time playing in manlys line up.

i know thats a bit left field for your vision.

he does need to build up CIG, no question about that. Cant fault his defence or running game however and he isnt a natural ball player like a traditional 5/8 in my opinion.

And height. Not a very imposing figure. I think he'd make a good hooker.

And Pepsi does everyone have to agree with you?

Are you still dirty because I didn't agree with your Idea of moving a game to Brookie because it was Beaver 250th game ;) You gotta admitt ytou were on some good **** then :) :) Just Jokes.

And height. Not a very imposing figure. I think he'd make a good hooker.

And Pepsi does everyone have to agree with you?

Are you still dirty because I didn't agree with your Idea of moving a game to Brookie because it was Beaver 250th game ;) You gotta admitt ytou were on some good **** then :) :) Just Jokes.

That was a marketing masterstroke, cant believe you didnt grasp that ;)

hey the broncs swapped a game with is this year just because they thought it would be a **** crowd , so it cant be that hard!

What about Ballin? How the hell do we get HIM into the team if we're gonna play Matai. I know Monas provides us with another try-assist weapon, but geez, I'd still rather Ballin out there at Hooker.

hey the broncs swapped a game with is this year just because they thought it would be a **** crowd , so it cant be that hard!

They also payed Manly a bucket load of cash to do so, anything is possible if you have the money to do it.

Crusher,

Ballin's time is next year pending injuries.

I have said all along that Jamie Lyon will play 6 and that is where he is best.

I saw enough in the Canberra game to suggest he would be very damaging there... he still hasn't got there but if I had to point out a single moment where he showed what he can do from 6... go watch the canberra game and in the first half we get a scrum at about halfway. Ox feeds it and sends it 1 pass to Lyon.. Lyon puts a little move on and gets around his opposite number and draws in the centre and hence opening up an overlap. Bell and Matai could have a field day once Lyon gets going.

Travis should go to the backrow, perhaps with beaver getting on a bit and the fact G. Stewart and A. Watmough are both capable of playing 80... travis could interchange with beaver?

Backrow of

Menzies
Watmough
Stewart

And injecting Burns in there somewhere when 1 of them gets tired would tighten up that defence in the middle.

It's funny how now, after the official signals have begun to point in that direction that this issue is being given some credit.

Three or four weeks ago, very few of you would even consider this.
It's like training a dog by rubbing his nose in it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2