TRAGIC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Specially today press conference he looked shot. The one thing I said this in another thread did not really take any blame for this season, one journo mentioned to des about this being his worst coaching season on record he just brushed it off.

He never even said sorry to the fans and members for this cluster f$$$ of a season which I thought it's the least thing he could do.

He and foran will have the pressure on in 2021 perform or both can be cut off at seasons end next year.
Too true mate.That presser worries me some too

Specially today press conference he looked shot. The one thing I said this in another thread did not really take any blame for this season, one journo mentioned to des about this being his worst coaching season on record he just brushed it off.

He never even said sorry to the fans and members for this cluster f$$$ of a season which I thought it's the least thing he could do.

He and foran will have the pressure on in 2021 perform or both can be cut off at seasons end next year.
One has to wonder where Des' head's at. I know he puts up the stubborn focused couldn't care less about anything but my players facade, but I can't help but wonder what goes through his head when he goes to bed these days. Surely, his last year at the Dogs and then the unfolding of this season must present questions in his mind. The measure of his character will be how he responds in 2021. I have a feeling it will be the defining year for Des as a coach. Make or break.

Donny isn’t blameless, but how much responsibility should the players own? DCE is bloody fit, same with Jake, Marty, Paseka, and one or two others. Our fitness got us home against Canberra. So i query how professional some players in our squad are with respect to their approach to fitness and diet (says the 115kg fatty) and wonder whether this has had something to do with Des’ reluctance to give some blokes a start.
No NSW Cup...

2021 will be a defining year for Des and his merry band , I’m prepared to give him another shot but if we don’t see any improvement then I’ll be joining my old sparring partner @strone33 for what would be the real #SACKDES thread.

I respect Des for what he’s achieved and I respect him for how he stands up for his players ( eg Fainu) BUT I’m starting to wonder if his “ old school “ approach cuts the mustard.

Further to that I’ve formed the opinion that something is seriously amiss with our training / physio set up and Donny Singe is also on the “ I wonder does he cut the mustard any longer “ deal as well.

This is isn’t at all me trying to disparage them as people , Donny would be one of the nicest guys you’d meet but I wonder if ( like Des) has the football world moved past him these last 10 years.

By the way I received a lovely personal message yesterday , from a new member ( and no longer a member) calling me a **** and telling me to **** off and ending with **** you ( no other actual arguments or why just the swearing basically) and this was within minutes of both @Snake and I discussing Donny in the game day thread.

Water off a duck’s back to me but very possibly one of the staff reading Silvertails and telling me what they thought.

Anyway that’s my rant for the tragic year that’s been and only a little flame to the fire but if 2021 just sees the same **** dished up each week then expect that fire to grow to a bonfire very quickly.

There were a lot of coaches sacked in 2020 and they are now all gone but as we roll into 2021 our coach will be the one with the most pressure on him and if we end up say 0/8 then that bonfire will become a raging bushfire.

2021 will be a defining year for Des and his merry band , I’m prepared to give him another shot but if we don’t see any improvement then I’ll be joining my old sparring partner @strone33 for what would be the real #SACKDES thread.

I respect Des for what he’s achieved and I respect him for how he stands up for his players ( eg Fainu) BUT I’m starting to wonder if his “ old school “ approach cuts the mustard.

Further to that I’ve formed the opinion that something is seriously amiss with our training / physio set up and Donny Singe is also on the “ I wonder does he cut the mustard any longer “ deal as well.

This is isn’t at all me trying to disparage them as people , Donny would be one of the nicest guys you’d meet but I wonder if ( like Des) has the football world moved past him these last 10 years.

By the way I received a lovely personal message yesterday , from a new member ( and no longer a member) calling me a ** and telling me to ** off and ending with **** you ( no other actual arguments or why just the swearing basically) and this was within minutes of both @Snake and I discussing Donny in the game day thread.

Water off a duck’s back to me but very possibly one of the staff reading Silvertails and telling me what they thought.

Anyway that’s my rant for the tragic year that’s been and only a little flame to the fire but if 2021 just sees the same **** dished up each week then expect that fire to grow to a bonfire very quickly.

There were a lot of coaches sacked in 2020 and they are now all gone but as we roll into 2021 our coach will be the one with the most pressure on him and if we end up say 0/8 then that bonfire will become a raging bushfire.
Agree with the fitness of the team, our senior players looked lethargic in most games and it was a shortened season. Donny did get the punt from the Dogs so he needs to change his game or be prepared to get the punt again.

Agree on Des, past results only get you so far in a results driven business, personally I think Des would do well in a senior administration role or as a coaching director. Don’t want to loose the experience he has however could do with a complete overhaul on the up and in defence, then there is the attacking set plays to work on.

I have watched Des in his last few pressers and the body language is so negative and he just simply does not want to be there.Des looks lethargic and negative and what is coming out of his mouth is pure political talk. Would not surprise me if des is not there next year.

Yep ... when we are winning, his mumbling, disconnected ramblings are cute and part of the mad scientist charm ... when we have won just 1 from 9 .... they are simply concerning ...

By the way I received a lovely personal message yesterday , from a new member ( and no longer a member) calling me a ** and telling me to ** off and ending with **** you ( no other actual arguments or why just the swearing basically) and this was within minutes of both @Snake and I discussing Donny in the game day thread.

Seriously ... even when you do have something negative to say about someone you rarely, if ever, do it disrespectfully .... gee, I have never even had cause to call you a numbnut ....

That kind of response usually means you are over the target.

Harper is in our top 13? Over Walker and Suli? Unlikely.
Yes, unlikely, and I know my opinion of Suli and Walker is in the vast minority among fans. I just feel Harper has all the skills of a traditional centre. Suli is a tank and Walker has never lived up to his early promise.
I like the idea of Harper and Tyfuna being our centres next season outside The Shoe, and giving them some early ball and space to move.

By the way I received a lovely personal message yesterday , from a new member ( and no longer a member) calling me a ** and telling me to off and ending with ** you ( no other actual arguments or why just the swearing basically) and this was within minutes of both @Snake and I discussing Donny in the game day thread.

Disappointing to hear that @Mark from Brisbane. You are one of the most respected and loyal members not only here on ST but for the club in general. Always respect your opinions and you are spot on again. Questions need to be asked at all levels of the club from CEO down. Salary cap management, supporter and community engagement, membership levels, roster management, fitness training and injury recovery, game plans and game management are all severely lacking. We have fallen so far down in all these parts compared to more than half the competition. They've got 6 months to fix it at all levels or the drums will be beating loudly not just for on field performance but the viability of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles as it exists. Don't forget there's a $100mil bidder Redcliffe Dolphins desperate to come in. The competition will get harder and harder if we can't keep up at all these levels.

Last edited:
Disappointing to hear that @Mark from Brisbane. You are one of the most respected and loyal members not only here on ST but for the club in general. Always respect your opinions and you are spot on again. Questions need to be asked at all levels of the club from CEO down. Salary cap management, supporter and community engagement, membership levels, roster management, fitness training and injury recovery, game plans and game management are all severely lacking. We have fallen so far down in all these parts compared to more than half the competition. They've got 6 months to fix it at all levels or the drums will be beating loudly not just for on field performance but the viability of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles as it exists. Don't forget there's a $100mil bidder Redcliffe Dolphins desperate to come in. The competition will get harder and harder if we can't keep up at all these levels.
Agree and the Phin’s are very well set up , even have more $$$ than the Donkeys !!

Don’t worry about the message , I’m not but found it interesting that it came within an hour of me making the Donny comments ( which I stand by), so I’m thinking a staff member who reads on here , as I know they do.

At least DCE plays every match. I'd imagine on a per match basis he earned less than Turbo, and possibly even Aladdin and Walker.
That’s right. See this has been my debate for a while now. There has been that many off field dramas(serious off field dramas) which resulted in us having half a team on the paddock with upcoming players who need more than just game time to get us out off a mess and not to mention injuries. So then we have one person like DCE out there every game running around trying to fix things which is never going to happen in reality. Who else is going to keep making mistakes and who else is going to cop the bagging other than DCE.If anyone is going to f....k up it’s going to be DCE because he is obviously the one out there week after week.If he makes one mistake it’s like Oh **** he’s not earning his money.DCE has made a fool of himself at the expense of others that quite frankly have done bugger all but get us in this mess.Its easy to point the finger at DCE because no one else apart from our up coming youngsters are on on the field.What amazes me is that people refuse to see the real truth.As I have said many times before Karma is a bitch and it makes me wonder if we will even have a club.We have the Zorba interview which in it states that only half of manly want Foran back. As far as Manly goes we are just getting out of bed.If the focus was not on the Broncos this year then we would of been sitting ducks. I get the feeling Des knows something is coming to a head. Whatever the reason for Blake departing could not have been good either.I just hope someone with a little bit of common sense at our club can take charge and serve up something that is going to be justifiable in achieving a piece of what our club once was. This has gone beyond coaching and in my opinion Des is a good enough coach as far as game play goes.We need help in many other areas.

At least DCE plays every match. I'd imagine on a per match basis he earned less than Turbo, and possibly even Aladdin and Walker.

You say it like its a good thing
I for one would actually like to see if our results were any worse without him for a few weeks

Before the season start that was my inner hope .

But the footy gods cursed me.

The worst part far as Im concerned is the mental toughness...or lack of it....
Every time something happens against Manly, the players turn to mush as heads drop and the 1% efforts are lost....there's no fight !!
Soon as the collision ingoal with an over zealous DCE, crashing into Funa for the first Warriors try, you could feel the lack of intent through the tv....the desire, pride and belief of what has been a super proud NRL team....has totally been diminished.
We can rightly blame loss of quality players as to not being at our best, but the level of commitment is what concerns me.
Talking about this "Purge"....need to take a good hard look and forget if a big name or not....if your not proud to wear the Seaeagles emblem and bleed for the club, don't let the door hit you on the way out.....only players with determination to be part of a Manly side challenging for Premiership glory and fight like a dog for a bone should be welcome in 2021....it's not the losses and finishing near bottom table, it's the effort that has put me off in 2020.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4