TRAGIC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
It's the only word I can use after watching our once great club concede five tries in 20 minutes to the Worriers.
Now we can blame the players all we like, but isn't it the responsibility of the coach to get their heads right?
We lack heart. We won't try when things are tough.
And to think: Some posters on here are happy to retain DESperate for next season and beyond.
Well, it's only half time. Let's see how he inspires the players to a win, and make me eat my words.

It's the only word I can use after watching our once great club concede five tries in 20 minutes to the Worriers.
Now we can blame the players all we like, but isn't it the responsibility of the coach to get their heads right?
And to think: Some posters on here are happy to retain DESperate for next season and beyond.
Well, it's only half time. Let's see how he inspires the players to a win, and make me eat my words.
Don't you dare question Des surely it is still somebody else's fault.

It saddens me, I wont bag players or coach or captain.

But i sit here on my lounge with my members jersey on watching what the team has served up.

I knew our roster was bad and posted it several time in the past two years. Injuries have made a mess of our squad but I think that is only an excuse. A 30 man squad must have more 17 or 18 first graders in it. It must have 25-28 players.

Maybe those managing our cap need to reassess, I am not sure, but something must change.

We must buy a hooker and a goal kicker.

Last edited:
Isn't that what Hasler's sides are supposed to have plenty of? Heart? Tough, never give up attitude? I haven't seen any of that for a long time.
Yes, I know we've had bad injuries but that can't be used as an excuse.
Barrett era also had bad luck with injuries but we didn't make any excuses for him.

Garrick is one of the worst footballers ever to play more than 20 first grade games for Manly.

Levi would also be up there. As would Croker.

Not sure any of that is on Des though.

We are the lowest IQ Manly team I've ever seen.

Haven't you been reading the Kieran forum who? Everything is sorted now, the prodigal son is back, we're in the top 8 for sure and anybody that doesn't think so is just a foran hater and being negative.

But seriously even when I look at the yarts (most of which contain players we haven't got a chance if signing) I'm not seeing what they see.

If Des doesn't deliver top 8 next year though I think we need to go with another coach. Enough is enough.

After that embarrassing 80 minutes my quick thoughts on what lies ahead in 2021:
We must fix up our inability to defend kicks. I think the Worriers score five tries through kicks today.
Tent and Guacca are our future forward leaders.
Hoppa Jnr better be a gun attacker because he certainly can't tackle.
Tyfuna and Harper are going to develop into good first graders.
Miss Key is an improvement over Jorge.
Sir Loin must learn how to pass and to step off his leg leg. He kills our attack and gives no service to his outside men.
DESpicable -- unless he resigns -- must get some young minds around him. Why not bring in the Walker Brothers for a season to shake things up? We need a complete overhaul in the way we play.

I have followed Manly since 1957 and this season is by far the worst I have ever experienced- even worst than Northern Eagles days.
We know that injuries hurt but to concede an average of over 35 points against us in the last 10 games is nothing but pathetic-and during that period we were the worst team in the comp by a mile with no heart, direction, skill etc etc and every supporter has the right to be pisst off !!!
So happy that the season has now ended.
END OF STORY !!!

Its a tough one. People often throw up history as a pre cursor to justify thefe position

Des has runs on the board with strong teams
DCE has runs on the board with strong teams
Depending on who you are one is good , one is not
Or stats
DCE had 2 try assists and one effective kick today
Croker had 2 try assists and one effective kick today

Some believe one thing and not the other.

Its hard to judge coaching because its harder to see the input

DCE is a champ and tries hard and has poor help around him
Des Is a champ and tries hard and has Cartwright

DCE cant play to his potential because levi gives poor service
Croker has the same hooker but is brad arthurs love child

Just something to mull over. There is no doubt the team is mentally busted and you would expect both coach and captain to try to instill a steely resolve

But tumbleweeds

Isn't that what Hasler's sides are supposed to have plenty of? Heart? Tough, never give up attitude? I haven't seen any of that for a long time.
Yes, I know we've had bad injuries but that can't be used as an excuse.
Barrett era also had bad luck with injuries but we didn't make any excuses for him.
A true classic Hasler side would have used the horrendous injury toll as psychological fuel to pull the group together. He has been the master of tapping into the underdog narrative. I'm gravely concerned we haven't seen it this season outside a glimpse in that Raider's game.

Just one more point.

Anyone who thinks Foran (earning $300K) will be happy playing with DCE (earning $1.3Mil) is deadset dreaming.

does anyone else scream at the TV when the opposition jogs across field whilst our team stands there waiting for them to plan a move that usually leads to a try.
Particularly frustrating when our defence only moves up on the side the ball is initially passed to. As soon as there is a switch, our players are caught flat-footed back on the line and invariably leads to problems.

Just one more point.

Anyone who thinks Foran (earning $300K) will be happy playing with DCE (earning $1.3Mil) is deadset dreaming.

That is Foz's problem, the club had set that money aside to keep him over DCE and he is now earning unders. However DCE plays a full season so Foz is probably earning more /appearance than DCE.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4