TRAGIC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I turned off after 3 minutes total. It’s awful there not a lot of first graders in team but not a great deal of fight which concerns me.
I can’t see a lot of hope for next season we are treading water and are either a slip in 8 team or near cellar. Can’t be positive about Foran at 9 there something not quite right in team.
so likes of Boyle, Waddell, Garrick are leaving and the future in young Fainu and Ben turbo can’t get a game.
questionDes he stuck in the past

Well the good news is that for most of you in this thread you can now go away and live your life without having to get so upset. Take a break. Don't talk footy. Be positive.

On the football side that was very disappointing. Most of the players have obviously checked out in a strange and prolonged season. No excuses for Des as something is obviously amiss.

I will say I felt I was watching a blacktown workers side run around with a few first grade dropins.

I'm going to go back to a point i made earlier in year when so many wanted the kids in the side. Well here you go. These last 6 weeks has shown what dropping kids into a busted team gives you.

How many of todays team will make a starting position in any other nrl sides at this very moment?

Funa? No
Garrick? No - don't think the dragons will take him back.
Parker? No
Harper? Perhaps in another 10 or so games.
Croker? No
DCE? Yes.
Jake? Yes
Waddell? No - good luck trent
Sirro? Perhaps a few but no where near a threat anymore.
Pasenka? Yes
Levi? No
Marty? Yes

Keppi? Yes a few
Hoppa jnr? Yes but only on name and possible promise for future
Boyle? 50 50 but probably lucky to even get a bench run
Hamble O - probably - on promise.

Many players and the assistant coach have been told to move on. That would be a tough time internally.

I would predict a much better year in 21 with a good clear out. New coach's and some new blood.

DESpicable -- unless he resigns -- must get some young minds around him. Why not bring in the Walker Brothers for a season to shake things up? We need a complete overhaul in the way we play.
I would ask. Have you even looked into what the Walker brothers are about? Oil and water to Des so I doubt its even a possibility.
I still regard 2018 as a worse season than this one.

Full strength squad for just about the whole season and we finished 2 points away from the spoon.
People forget pretty quickly dont they. Well good news all the angry people above will have well and truly forgotten by April next year.

Well the good news is that for most of you in this thread you can now go away and live your life without having to get so upset. Take a break. Don't talk footy. Be positive.

On the football side that was very disappointing. Most of the players have obviously checked out in a strange and prolonged season. No excuses for Des as something is obviously amiss.

I will say I felt I was watching a blacktown workers side run around with a few first grade dropins.

I'm going to go back to a point i made earlier in year when so many wanted the kids in the side. Well here you go. These last 6 weeks has shown what dropping kids into a busted team gives you.

How many of todays team will make a starting position in any other nrl sides at this very moment?

Funa? No
Garrick? No - don't think the dragons will take him back.
Parker? No
Harper? Perhaps in another 10 or so games.
Croker? No
DCE? Yes.
Jake? Yes
Waddell? No - good luck trent
Sirro? Perhaps a few but no where near a threat anymore.
Pasenka? Yes
Levi? No
Marty? Yes

Keppi? Yes a few
Hoppa jnr? Yes but only on name and possible promise for future
Boyle? 50 50 but probably lucky to even get a bench run
Hamble O - probably - on promise.

Many players and the assistant coach have been told to move on. That would be a tough time internally.

I would predict a much better year in 21 with a good clear out. New coach's and some new blood.
Why are you wondering if our bench and reserves would start in other first grade sides?

They are reserves.

Suli, Walker, Turbo, Thompson, AFB, Fainu, Cust etc would all start for most sides outside the top 4.

Dropping kids into a team missing four or five of their starting side isn't the same as blooding youth.

Des should have been slowly integrating 2 or 3 of these guys into the side as the season progressed.

Funa would look a hell of a lot better playing alongside Suli, Walker and Turbo.

This is always such a cop-out to gloss over the fact our roster is currently seven shades of ****.

Our backline has needed bolstering for three seasons now.
6 of the backs out there today are not nrl 1st grade standard. Look at the young players who filled in at Storm playing now, the Raiders or the Roosters at various times this year. We are grossly unfit, have poor leadership, no plan or direction. A season review at all levels is required NOW.

6 of the backs out there today are not nrl 1st grade standard. Look at the young players who filled in at Storm playing now, the Raiders or the Roosters at various times this year. We are grossly unfit, have poor leadership, no plan or direction. A season review at all levels is required NOW.
The Storm work as a whole system and keep things simple.So if someone is out,the player that comes in knows his role and sticks to it.They may not have the same talent and will probably lose the odd game under their watch,but they all work hard.Hasler has always tried to work with the same 18-19 players which backfires when there’s plenty of injuries

@Snake and I exchanged a few posts on the game day thread but sadly I think it’s time to move Donny Singe and his team on.

Donny is a fabulous guy , very passionate and has terrific interaction with the fans.

BUT

This side looks lazy , unfit and gets injured by merely blinking at the opposition.

If we are going to get better this part of our game needs to be better and whilst we don’t have the gazillions of the top few clubs we will be perennial losers until we do.

I’ve supported Des on his return BUT if Penn signs him for another 2-3 years he’s crazy.

He still might drag us back ( and I hope he does ) but he should be on notice!!

“ THIS IS A RESULTS DRIVEN BUSINESS “

@Snake and I exchanged a few posts on the game day thread but sadly I think it’s time to move Donny Singe and his team on.

Donny is a fabulous guy , very passionate and terrific interaction with the fans.

BUT

This side looks lazy , unfit and get injured my merely blinking at the opposition.

If we are going to get better this part of our game needs to be better and whilst we don’t have the gazillions of the top few clubs we will be perennial losers until we do.

I’ve supported Des on his return BUT if Penn signs him for another 2-3 years he’s crazy.

Totally agree. I love Donny but his 'heyday' was 10 years ago.

That is Foz's problem, the club had set that money aside to keep him over DCE and he is now earning unders. However DCE plays a full season so Foz is probably earning more /appearance than DCE.

it may well be but we know they aren't exactly best friends and there is no expectation on DCE next year but a heap on Foz.

Will be very interesting.

yep and the next thing is the sorting of the cap.

reassess if we are happy with the current spread and a lack of depth.

or are we better off with more depth and cut those at the top, after all they are providing zero value for money.

neither assure success, that comes down to players who want it more.

Donny is a fabulous guy , very passionate and has terrific interaction with the fans.

BUT

This side looks lazy , unfit and gets injured by merely blinking at the opposition.

I have watched Des in his last few pressers and the body language is so negative and he just simply does not want to be there.Des looks lethargic and negative and what is coming out of his mouth is pure political talk. Would not surprise me if des is not there next year.

I don’t know how much the guy I’m about to mention is hated, but I will take the risk. Would Shane Flanagan be a good option as assistant coach? A younger footballing brain who has had some success... don’t beat me up... just a thought...

it may well be but we know they aren't exactly best friends and there is no expectation on DCE next year but a heap on Foz.

Will be very interesting.

Totally agree about the relationship and the expectation that Foz will be our saviour (hoping he adds something positive). Manly have taken a punt on him when others haven't so he has it all to prove next yr. The hope here is he has come here knowing his role to the team and not cause more disharmony as it has been nothing but one drama to the next for the last 5 yrs

I have watched Des in his last few pressers and the body language is so negative and he just simply does not want to be there.Des looks lethargic and negative and what is coming out of his mouth is pure political talk. Would not surprise me if des is not there next year.

I think the political talk is not blaming an individual publicly as it seems there is a split somewhere in the playing group. If Des is moved on it would be a shock to most i would think. It could be Des causing a shake up with a few players as part of #purge and he just accepts that the season is cooked as players aren't trying or unhappy.

Donny isn’t blameless, but how much responsibility should the players own? DCE is bloody fit, same with Jake, Marty, Paseka, and one or two others. Our fitness got us home against Canberra. So i query how professional some players in our squad are with respect to their approach to fitness and diet (says the 115kg fatty) and wonder whether this has had something to do with Des’ reluctance to give some blokes a start.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7