TPAs and NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So basically Melbourne have had the same advantage for the past few years as they did when they were cheating, but its ok now because the NRL know about it as a TPA. They still have a whopping 1 million dollar advantage, which is 3 exceptional first grade players more than everyone else. Bellamy gets them cheap, my ****ing arse he does!

So any player/club can organise a company to pay a player and never show it as a TPA... Whats it matter to the club, they cant be involved, supposedly, anyway.

Who says all payments to players, gifts or cheap units sold to family members are registered as TPA's.

The entire payment system is f#cked and only the rich get richer

Last edited:
It will never be an even competition when certain clubs are propped up by a media empire and another has the NRL in its pocket, ironic that this is now going to be policed, well thats what Greenturd tells you,

The game will never be fair while Greeturd oversees all this and is the judge and jury, there needs to be an independent audit of each club because anyone who says that we have a fair and even competition is off their rockers!

It will never be an even competition when certain clubs are propped up by a media empire and another has the NRL in its pocket, ironic that this is now going to be policed, well thats what Greenturd tells you,

The game will never be fair while Greeturd oversees all this and is the judge and jury, there needs to be an independent audit of each club because anyone who says that we have a fair and even competition is off their rockers!
Funny but I’ve been debating a few Roosters supporters on social media re this and they just can’t believe how everyone thinks it’s them who are doing wrong , they claim this is the proof in the pudding!!

Funny but I’ve been debating a few Roosters supporters on social media re this and they just can’t believe how everyone thinks it’s them who are doing wrong , they claim this is the proof in the pudding!!
Has nothing to do with golf days, cheap/free cars to family members and the list would go on and on. There are many ways to do things outside tPA's and Salary Caps and the Roosters are masters of it. I know a company that has done many home reno items in players houses. He is a club sponsor for that particular club, players don't pay him for the work someone else does. Untraceable.

Has nothing to do with golf days, cheap/free cars to family members and the list would go on and on. There are many ways to do things outside tPA's and Salary Caps and the Roosters are masters of it. I know a company that has done many home reno items in players houses. He is a club sponsor for that particular club, players don't pay him for the work someone else does. Untraceable.
Why? Do they use cryptocurrency?

You should report it to the media. Might get some attention then
Done that also, funny what they like to run with.
Problem is its hard to track and get info on.... They give up I reckon

Dont know why our salary cap 'farce' was all that big a drama. If we went say an extra 100K over our average 200K in tpa's for those 5 or so seasons that still means we'd have only had 1.5 Mil worth of tpa's in 5 years. So to consider that a major advantage and breach is a joke when you think of sides such as the Storm and Broncos, who themselves would have had (respectively) 4 and 5 Mil in tpa's at their disposal over that time period.

Isn’t this the same administration who signed off on Hayne going to the Eels on 500,000 when he already had a contract worth 1.2 million with the Titans?

The worst part about that was that the NRL allowed Doesn't-matta to sign Hayne for less than half of what he was on at the Titans, yet had only a few months earlier rejected our offer to Glenn Stewart when they deemed him to be worth at least $600k per year. And no offence to Gifty, as good as he had been through his career, at that stage no way was he worth more than Hayne.

Then add in the fact that Hayne basically didn't go on the open market like the NRL forced with Gifty. The Worms were the only NRL club to actually offer Hayne a contract.

The whole thing was dodgier than The Dodgy Brothers from Fast Forward.

I think they should cap the tpas at 250k. Melbourne getting an extra 1 million is ludicrous! How is that fair? No point having a salary cap.

Like to see how much manly received last year compared to roosters (who were reluctant to make public their figures last time)

Restriction of trade? That wouldn't fly in any court as these are, as the name implies, third party and have nothing to do with the NRL. In my opinion as it stands now, if a high enough profile player tested some of the rules in court I think it could make for a very interesting case.
Murdock tried this and left League in a shambles for almost 2 decades. As has been pointed out so many times in the past, League is a tribal game, a grass roots affair. Reduce the club participation and you reduce the watching audience.

I don't know why everyone seems to exempt the influence of Murdoch after the NRL Commission was formed, the game still remains absolutely ****ed since the Super League war with no signs of improvement.
I also see the NFL has raised their salary cap to around $180 million per season. One word. Wow.

You're comparing apples and oranges, target audience for NFL is 300M+ as opposed to 20M+ for NRL. It's all about the advertising, still obscene though.

---

The reality is like many have mentioned already; as long as there are jobs for the missus, dodgy third party deals ala the Parramatta & Black Citrus scam (akin to the Liberals & Parakeelia :wasntme:) along with straight up "brown paper bags" and heavily discounted real estate, the NRL as an organisation has no incentive to change the status quo as the fallout would probably include some historic tax avoidance cases, among other things...

Things are bad, but when haven't they been?

Guess what? Manly hates you too!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4