Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well... I think it's more exciting then whatever's happening in a few days time!

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/201...tball-leagues-betfred-championship-club-year/

Toronto Wolfpack are delighted to announce the team has been named the Rugby Football League’s (RFL) Betfred Championship Club of the Year. In just their second season of existence, the Wolfpack blazed to the Championship’s League Leaders’ Shield with a total of 41 points from 23 regular season games and are currently on the hunt for a place in the 2019 Super League.

Lamport Stadium’s widely-acclaimed game day experience, including a dedicated Beer Garden, a different theme for each game, unmissable halftime shows and new mascot Jefferson the Wolf, has seen the Pack draw an average crowd of over 7,800 during the postseason, including an incredible 8,281 fans at home to witness an exciting defeat of Widnes Vikings, a Super League club, in their latest postseason game.

My understanding is that four of the eight teams playing the relegation comp will play first division next season. My understanding of this comp (correct me if I'm wrong) is that they have one more game to play. The games that will determine who makes the four will be

Leeds (10) vs Toronto (8)
London Broncs (6) vs Widnes (2)
Salford (8) vs Toulouse (6)

Seems pretty much clear Salford will beat Toulouse, so its the other two games that will determine if Toronto makes the cut. Unfortunately Toronto are facing the top team Leeds. The Bris Broncs are facing the second last team Salford. Toronto has a +17 for/against ratio. The Broncs have a -10 for/against ratio. So 27 points exist between these two sides and if Toronto loses big and the Broncs win big, Toronto could miss out. Big weekend coming.

My understanding is that four of the eight teams playing the relegation comp will play first division next season. My understanding of this comp (correct me if I'm wrong) is that they have one more game to play. The games that will determine who makes the four will be

Leeds (10) vs Toronto (8)
London Broncs (6) vs Widnes (2)
Salford (8) vs Toulouse (6)

Seems pretty much clear Salford will beat Toulouse, so its the other two games that will determine if Toronto makes the cut. Unfortunately Toronto are facing the top team Leeds. The Bris Broncs are facing the second last team Salford. Toronto has a +17 for/against ratio. The Broncs have a -10 for/against ratio. So 27 points exist between these two sides and if Toronto loses big and the Broncs win big, Toronto could miss out. Big weekend coming.

Top 3 teams qualify automatically.

team 4 then play team 5 in a 'million dollar game' and the winner of that then goes up to the big league with the other three. Loser joins the bottom three.

Bottom three get demountable cleaning duty.

Did you say “one MILLON dollars”?
1%20Million(2).png

So GE, what’s ya tip? Wolfpack gunna make it to promotion. Will the mascot be safe from GE’s attention?

It'll be tough, and no one is safe.

(that answer can be used for both parts of your question. lol)

edit: My concern with Toronto is (it's a town of douchebags) that for 2 years they have been thumping semi professional teams so may struggle when faced with real competition. A couple of key injuries at the moment, including team leader and winger, Liam Kay, doesn't help.

There are good players in the side. A fair bit of nrl and super league experience, but they haven't had a long time together. The final game is against the ladder leaders and so will be tough.

I think eagle66 may be right, a 4th v 5th playoff!

Top 3 teams qualify automatically.

team 4 then play team 5 in a 'million dollar game' and the winner of that then goes up to the big league with the other three. Loser joins the bottom three.

Bottom three get demountable cleaning duty.

Thanks Globaleagle. It seems therefore the most likely result will be a Toronto vs Broncs game for fourth. I think Toronto can win that. If they play to their best they may even beat Leeds with a good chance of being in the top three.

TORONTO WIN!!!!!

17-16

more to come

So know....

Toronto currently in 3rd place (automatic promotion)

If Hull KR beat Widnes by 14 points or more (highly likely) then Toronto get bumped to 4th, meaning they play 5th place in a million pound game. The winner gets promoted.

If Hull KR lose, or win by less than 14, Toronto are automatically promoted to super league.

And... Lussick really is a selfish doofus of a penalty giving away hot headed player. Tried to like him many a time. But have given up. Hopefully Toronto get more props next year.

Awesome GE. When does HKR play? By memory, a lot of our great English players from the 70’s came from HKR who were a powerhouse club over in Pommyland.

I'm with you GE, try to like Lussick and he makes it hard. Wasn't convinced about the sin binning of the Leeds guy who "crusher" tackled Lussick just before Lussick slapped Parcell. Junior footy taught me, never give a penalty away when you have the ball.
HKR will do the job. Obviously this might be Widnes' last hurrah after only something like 1 win in the last 4 months but I can't see it. Tim Sheens will have his team primed for the task.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8