Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't imagine your owner having a sense of humour .... I would predict a fair squad overhaul next season .....

I was listening to the commentators during the Wigan game (one played for the knights I remember) and this is what they said about the problems Toronto are facing - and it kinda got worse from there.

• Chase Stanley was still in Aust awaiting his visa. Happened to Lussick last year as well when it was touted he was Toronto's best player. Chase was touted and wow, visa issues. totally coincidental -cough, cough-
  • Toronto at salary cap limit with only 23 players.
  • Asked SL bosses for a 5% dispensation (or 105k) and got told no
  • Asked SL bosses if they can register an U21 player on 20k per year - told no
  • Permission granted to sign a Canadian U21 player
  • Not protected from relegation as the Catalan dragons were for 3 years when they reached promotion to SL level
  • Commentators agreed that Toronto should have been protected from relegation.
  • Coach pointed out it costs more for the same players as the cost of living is higher. Said players want to sign but are asking for more money as they want to fly family over to Canada a couple of times per year, etc.
  • Poll taken was 74-26 'No' for allowing dispensation. Commentators said that club CEO's have said that Toronto is a threat to other established clubs.
  • Commentators reiterated that it seems as though the UK SL clubs just don't want Toronto.
  • Ironically, Wigan still asked Toronto if SBW could be made available to meet their fans and kids. Toronto and SBW said yes and 600 kids turned up at 'the day'.
That was the end of what they said.

Toronto still need to get a lot better, for sure. But there's behind the scenes efforts making it tough off the field and regarding the number of players, making it hard on the field.

Hopefully things get better, they've been close on a few occasions, but like the kiwi's of old, ran out of puff at the 60 min mark.

edit: Can I just add that it's a new team, new players, new league (with one ex rugby guy) and watching the games there's a lot of "Oh, that nearly worked" so it's not all doom and gloom, but sheesh, I woulda loved an exemption from relegation!

Last edited:
I can't imagine your owner having a sense of humour .... I would predict a fair squad overhaul next season .....

He probably doesn't, but the TW twitter feed is trying to keep one...

IE:

ESYFHVYXcAAg6GQ

I was listening to the commentators during the Wigan game (one played for the knights I remember) and this is what they said about the problems Toronto are facing - and it kinda got worse from there.

• Chase Stanley was still in Aust awaiting his visa. Happened to Lussick last year as well when it was touted he was Toronto's best player. Chase was touted and wow, visa issues. totally coincidental -cough, cough-
  • Toronto at salary cap limit with only 23 players.
  • Asked SL bosses for a 5% dispensation (or 105k) and got told no
  • Asked SL bosses if they can register an U21 player on 20k per year - told no
  • Permission granted to sign a Canadian U21 player
  • Not protected from relegation as the Catalan dragons were for 3 years when they reached promotion to SL level
  • Commentators agreed that Toronto should have been protected from relegation.
  • Coach pointed out it costs more for the same players as the cost of living is higher. Said players want to sign but are asking for more money as they want to fly family over to Canada a couple of times per year, etc.
  • Poll taken was 74-26 'No' for allowing dispensation. Commentators said that club CEO's have said that Toronto is a threat to other established clubs.
  • Commentators reiterated that it seems as though the UK SL clubs just don't want Toronto.
  • Ironically, Wigan still asked Toronto is SBW could be made available to meet their fans and kids. Toronto and SBW said yes and 600 kids turned up at 'the day'.
That was the end of what they said.

Toronto still need to get a lot better, for sure. But there's behind the scenes efforts making it tough off the field and regarding the number of players, making it hard on the field.

Hopefully things get better, they've been close on a few occasions, but like the kiwi's of old, ran out of puff at the 60 min mark.

Trent Barrett can go there to coach, he knows how to turn a club around

Yeah seems very shortsighted of clubs. This is 3 year project to work. The dragons catalans are now huge asset to code and 2nd most profitable club with no local french TV deal.
Now Ottawa and New York are about to be announced is it really worth it.
Tbh small championship clubs in particular leigh are a pain in the arse of change.

Toronto Wolfpack have advanced to the sixth round of the 2020 Challenge Cup with a strong 0-18 victory over Huddersfield Giants at John Smith’s Stadium.

Their maiden triumph of the year, Toronto jumped out of the blocks to build an early lead and fought hard to consolidate it amidst wet and windy conditions that rewarded their quick start.

Ricky Leutele brought energy and electricity all night for the Wolfpack while the returns of Joe Mellor and Chase Stanley to the side inspired improved performances from those around them. Anthony Mullally and Gadwin Springer did more than their fair share of heavy lifting during the fixture, relentlessly charging at the Huddersfield line from the opening minutes until the final whistle.

Toronto now wait until Monday to discover who they will face in the Challenge Cup sixth round, with the draw taking place in New York City. Eight additional Super League teams enter the competition from round six, with all remaining teams now just three wins away from the iconic Final at Wembley Stadium on July 18.

It's not for the SL proper, but friggen finally!

The victory, which followed six straight defeats at the start of their inaugural season in Super League, was achieved without former All Black Sonny Bill Williams and ex-England loose forward Jon Wilkin, while head coach Brian McDermott opted to keep three of his four interchange players on the bench for the entire 80 minutes.

Huddersfield are flying high in Super League with four wins from their first five matches, all away from home, but they were brought down to earth five days after beating champions St Helens on their own ground.

Sheesh - dirty poms! (they're not wolfpack when something bad happens - lol)

Super League newcomers Toronto Wolfpack have suspended training and stood down their entire UK-based staff after four players experienced symptoms of coronavirus.

The Canadian club's decision means their next fixture against Wakefield next Sunday will almost certainly be postponed. It may signal a shutdown of the league.

The identity of the players is not known.

ESL - suspended.

Also:

Update:
@SonnyBWilliams
is scheduled to undergo an operation on his knee. He is expected to recover in three weeks.

Good as time as any I reckon.

SBW PUTS HAND UP FOR PAY CUT

The world's highest-paid player in either rugby code, Sonny Bill Williams, is happy to take a pay cut if it means saving the game.

On a whopping contract with Toronto Wolfpack in Super League, SBW told British media: "100 per cent, I would be that way inclined." ge is reported to be very happy for 'reasons.'

With the ESL suspended, probably for the year, this may well be a saving grace for Toronto which was odds on to face relegation after its first year in the top grade. May give the owners breathing space to improve their personnel

With the ESL suspended, probably for the year, this may well be a saving grace for Toronto which was odds on to face relegation after its first year in the top grade. May give the owners breathing space to improve their personnel

Psssh... we were just about to go on a 20 game winning streak!!!!

:sweating:@:cool:

sbw has had surgery so at least the break has given him the opportunity to get it done. Sure is a lot of $$$$$ to have sitting around. Makes his contract sound even better for him, lol... wah.

Psssh... we were just about to go on a 20 game winning streak!!!!

:sweating:@:cool:

sbw has had surgery so at least the break has given him the opportunity to get it done. Sure is a lot of $$$$$ to have sitting around. Makes his contract sound even better for him, lol... wah.

Today .. Australia's leading Rugby League reporter, Buzz, has reported that SBW has had a knee operation ...

You ony beat him to the scoop by 5 days ... lift your game Moose ...

Today .. Australia's leading Rugby League reporter, Buzz, has reported that SBW has had a knee operation ...

You ony beat him to the scoop by 5 days ... lift your game Moose ...

Where else do you think Buzz gets his information. You dont actually think he is in an investigating reporter do you?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4