Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With a 6 win buffer and a +460 points differential I'd say the season is almost a foregone conclusion. If they don't make it from here then the competition would be well and truly rigged.
If they do make it, will be cheering on the Wolfpack in the Super League (and York City in the Championship) next year :)

Boring ....

Harsh....
0F5EC44E-CEAD-4CA5-8D8D-DFC21F27086C.jpeg

With a 6 win buffer and a +460 points differential I'd say the season is almost a foregone conclusion. If they don't make it from here then the competition would be well and truly rigged.
If they do make it, will be cheering on the Wolfpack in the Super League (and York City in the Championship) next year :)

Toronto still have to win the "GF" It's a 5 team final series and as we all know *2013cough* anything can happen on game day!

I realise you all have the interweb and shizzle but if you want to see some footage and tweets of tries just copy this into your address bar and have a gander. There's not just pics, but video as well (obv).

https://twitter.com/TOwolfpack

No, you do not need to 'be on' twitter for it to work.

YejEzhVm.jpg

The famous Gaz O'Brien letting me know how much he is going to miss a sideline conversion by...

eY7lXBmm.jpg

Toronto still have to win the "GF" It's a 5 team final series and as we all know *2013cough* anything can happen on game day!
My bad. I thought they had done away with that and it was simply top team gets promoted. But really they just got rid of the super (crazy) 8s in favour of a more traditional playoff without the ability for bottom ranked SL teams to be re promoted. Hopefully this works in their favour but your right, anything can happen.

My bad. I thought they had done away with that and it was simply top team gets promoted. But really they just got rid of the super (crazy) 8s in favour of a more traditional playoff without the ability for bottom ranked SL teams to be re promoted. Hopefully this works in their favour but your right, anything can happen.

It's a little bit annoying, lol but it is what it is!

Here's a pic and Toronto's league are in the bottom left corner.

I guess if all goes well; Toronto go straight into the second semi final and if they win that, they go straight into the GF. So maybe they can get through on 2 games only. But, they can't get ahead of themselves, that's for us fans. :)

imagesource.php

It's a little bit annoying, lol but it is what it is!

Here's a pic and Toronto's league are in the bottom left corner.

I guess if all goes well; Toronto go straight into the second semi final and if they win that, they go straight into the GF. So maybe they can get through on 2 games only. But, they can't get ahead of themselves, that's for us fans. :)

imagesource.php
If they don't make it this year, how many seasons will they last before they go broke?

I forgot to add:

Darcy Lussick got 10 in the bin for actually throwing a few punches at ex- team mate Jack Bussey. So a bit more than a 'clash' as reported.

Vid of a punch in rugby league...remember

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...arcy-lussick-and-jack-bussey-scrap-in-toronto

The noise of the Indy cars in the background is kinda cool I reckon.

Also, from Darcy himself:

Lussick and Bussey clashed after a midfield collision, with Lussick seemingly irked after Bussey shoved him away. The big Australian came up swinging.

Lussick had no real explanation for what set him off.

"I don't know. Those things happen sometimes, I guess," he said.

But he acknowledged that he wanted to leave a mark after recent visa issues had kept him out of the team.

McDermott applauded Lussick's overall efforts on the day, noting he almost didn't play after having back spasms in the leadup to the game. But he did not like "the red mist moment."

"For that moment there, Darcy's own ego became more important that what we wanted," he said. "And that's not tough, that's silly."

Last edited:
@globaleagle time to put down the makers mark and give us the update on todays (yesterdays) wolfpack game already!

I/We are counting on you - I am avoiding the spoilers!!!!

Toronto Wolfpack (1) v Widnes Vikings (11)

Halton Stadium - Widnes

Welcome to round 22 of the Betfred Championship league. A win today for Toronto would seal the ‘League Leaders’ shield with five rounds to go.

Widnes would be sitting 7th if they didn’t have 12 points deducted at the start of the season, which also means that the Vikings are a good side and if Toronto take them lightly, they are ‘gunna have a bad day’.

Just like Manly shifting their centre to 5/8th, Toronto have shifted their 5/8th to fullback with the injury to Gareth O’Brien.

Exciting centre Ricky Leutele is also out for today’s game and Darcy Lussick gets another crack in the run on side. Widnes apparently have made six changes and I have no idea why, and you don’t care.

The ground has new artificial grass, and it looks pretty.

First Half

Toronto receives the kick off. A 5th tackle high kick leads to an accidental offside so a repeat set to ‘the pack’.

The proud Widnes crowd is in fine voice and they are rewarded by Toronto dropping the ball.

Widnes go the length of the field with their first set of six. Nicely done. Toronto receive a penalty for stripping the ball but I don’t know, I think Widnes are hard done by there.

8th min: Try Toronto! A right to left play and Widnes simply ran out of numbers. Winger Rawsthorne scores in the left hand corner. He then tries to convert his own try. I’m not sure if that is the go with O’Brien out. You score it, you convert it. It may work, though I have my doubts. No doubts about Rawsthorne though, he’s missed it cold. Toronto 4-0 Widnes.

12th min: Lussick off and Ashton Sims on. Darcy looked like he injured his hand. Hopefully nothing too serious. (I had a little accident, nothing too serious.) – anyone old enough to remember that song? No?

15th min: Toronto knock on but Widnes returns the favour by pushing an offload back into the safe hands of a Wolfpack player. Toronto 40 metres out. The 5th tackle option was a dud, handing the ball back easily to Widnes. The Vikings are looking to offload as much as possible.

The Widnes forwards are outplaying Toronto at the moment. Easily gaining more ground but the team is lacking finish. As I type that, Widnes go over but a forward pass is ruled off the 5th tackle bomb.

26th min: Try Widnes! You can’t plan or defend against that one! 5th tackle, Widnes have not one but two kicks that rebound off Toronto players and back into the arms of Widnes players. Everyone spins around on the spot looking confused except for the player with the ball that decides to stroll over for a try next to the left hand upright. Toronto 4-6 Widnes.

As seems to be the case far too often, Widnes drop the ball on the 3rd tackle, first set after the re-start. Coaches be going crazy.

29th min: Wow, an attacking penalty against Toronto for what seems to be mouthing off at the referee. McCrone takes offence to a tackle, and even more offence that the ref wasn’t doing anything about it. The ref takes offence to McCrone’s offence and the man with the whistle wins out. Widnes enjoying the rub of the green here on the back of some determined play.

30th min: Try Widnes! And there it is, the Vikings once again pillage the scoreboard! Craven takes a run and sells two dummies, gift wrapped. Toronto say yes please and Craven says thanks for the four points, soon to be six. Toronto 4-12 Widnes.

34th min: Andy Ackers for Toronto loses the ball over the try line. Widnes players were all over him in good defence, causing the error. The hero of five minutes ago, Craven, then drops the ball on the half way line.

36th min: Penalty Toronto as the number 9, Beswick, is nailed late, without the ball, and in the back. It’s nrl outrage worthy but a penalty seems to suffice here. Beswick, to his credit, jumps back up and gives the offender an “I’ll remember you” look.

Widnes follow the penalty up with some good defence and once again Toronto take a dud 5th tackle option.

38th min: Widnes push an offload, second tackle, straight to a Toronto player.

39th min: Try Toronto! A left to right play allows chase Stanley to score in the right hand corner, just. The Widnes mistake punished in the worst way. Rawsthorne misses his second conversion attempt. Sheesh.
Toronto 8-12 Widnes.

Half Time: Toronto 8-12 Widnes.

This is only the second time all season that Toronto has been behind at the end of the first half. Widnes have come to play and are out muscling Toronto. The Wolfpack just need to remain calm, especially after the yelling that the coach is sure to be handing out at the moment.

The half time stats are basically even. Toronto’s completion rate is still below 70, at 67%. I say it every week, but they will have to do better if they get into Super League.

Second Half:

Mellor, who is filling in at fullback, really needs to stop his impersonation of an Easter Island statue whenever he catches the ball. Stop standing there and get running you two fingered bowling ball!

44th min: Widnes drops a 5th tackle Toronto bomb.

46th min: Try Toronto! That’s a try either side of the break. A good attacking position was turned into a rubbish attacking set, but they ran it on the 5th tackle and Bodene Thompson crashed over for a try.

McCrone is going to take over the goal kicking but at the moment he is still arguing with the referee about being penalised in the first half. He should concentrate on his upcoming kick but as it is almost in front, he doesn’t feel the need to.

He misses! Hooked it left and that’s embarrassing. Wow. We’re all tied up. Toronto 12-12 Widnes.

(Ugh, 4 pages of notes to go).

51st min: Try Toronto! Darcy Lussick scores! Toronto march up-field through good runs by Ackers in a Fainu style of dummy half play gets Toronto all the way to 10 metres out. On the 5th tackle, a wayward pass from McCrone hits another Toronto player’s foot and bounces sideways into Darcy’s shin. It bounces forward into the goal post padding and Darcy manages to pick it up and score under the posts. It looks like the ball bounces up off the padding, into Darcy’s chest then down onto his arm and then grounded. Widnes boo the replay thinking Darcy dropped it but they are basically booing everything Toronto-ish today. That may make up for the two kick two rebound try Widnes scored in the first half.

McCrone converts this sitter. Toronto 18-12 Widnes.

58th min: Try Widnes! Ugh, the 5th tackle options from Toronto are quite bad today. Toronto decide that passing to a player is optional when attacking the try line, hence a ball bounces to no-one, gets picked up by speedy Widnes winger Ince who dashes 90 metres to score under the posts.
Toronto 18-18 Widnes.

64th min: Oh my God. Toronto do not believe in repeat sets as far too many 5th tackle options have been to run the ball into 4 defenders to see what happens.

With decent kicking, Toronto would be 24 to Widnes’ 18. Lets hope this doesn’t bite them.

65th min: A 40 / 20 kick by Widnes. This is dangerous for Toronto but a third tackle flick pass to the left side winger sails over his head, letting Toronto off the hook.

68th min: After some good lead up play, mainly a great bust by Bodene Thompson, Mellor reaches out but the ball is knocked free when over the line.

70th min: McCrone tries a field goal; and misses. The ball is struck so low it hits the top of the left hand upright’s padding and bounces back into play. Which actually saves Toronto from defending against a seven tackle set from a 20 metre restart. Clever!

73rd min: Field Goal Widnes! It didn’t save Toronto for long as a good kick by Craven gets the Vikings in front by one. Getting tense now.

75th min: Try Toronto! Mellor’s 4986th step off his left foot didn’t work…again but big bustling forward Mullally got the ball on the next play, spins and scores under the posts with three defenders hanging off him. A reserve back and third choice kicker Miloudi gets the honours now and converts. Toronto 24-19 Widnes.

A predictable short kick off ensues and Toronto catch the ball.

77th min: Toronto finally get a repeat set when Widnes have to do a goal line drop out. It’s short but Toronto catch the ball and attack the line. Mellor decides not to step but to try and burrow over from one metre out. He fails, but it is the 5th tackle so it is a handover.

79th min: Widnes kick for touch and Wheeler (finally back from injury) sticks his foot out for some unknown reason. Luckily he misses it (not according to the Booing Widnes crowd) but it is a clear miss.

There is a scrum penalty against Widnes. When Toronto go to take the tap, the ref blows his whistle to get all the Widnes players onside. I’m not sure why he didn’t just let them make a tackle and penalise them, and neither do the commentators.

80th min: The world’s worst siren sounds. It is the exact sound a really loud 1920’s vintage car horn would make. Come to think of it, it is kinda cool in a ‘that’s terrible’ way.

Full time: Toronto 24-19 Widnes.

Toronto wrap up the League Leader’s shield for the third year running. Upon presentation of the trophy (which is almost dropped when the official picks it up) there are a few cheers but a lot of boos which is somewhat uncalled for I think. Then "twist and shout" starts playing over the loudspeakers and they all start clapping in time.

The Toronto coach, McDermott is stopped twice by people in the stands on the way down to the ground. Both times by old men. One was happy, one seemed to be going on and on about something. Security anyone?

McCrone gives an interview where he says it was a tough win, Widnes played well and Mullally had a good game. He is correct.

The players pose with the shield with some Toronto fans. Nice.

Coach McDermott says Toronto will do something presentation wise for the fans back in Canada and the booing by Widnes was not real good.

The completion rate for Toronto increased to 75% over the entire game.

Well, that’s it. Toronto wrap up the minor premiership with five rounds to go so they can now manage the team running into the finals. They have a few tough games against desperate teams coming up.

As always… thanks for reading! :)

Edit: Edited for mistakes I could find now. Initially I just threw this up so people could read. Any other mistakes is the fault of my dog bugging me for her evening walk. I put on noise cancelling headphones but now she is just pressing her wet nose into me! omg, she's doing it again! Bye!

I actually attended the game, not a bad report. Toronto will need to improve drastically to compete in Super league. Considering they are pretty much spending to the salary cap and 2 to 3 times most of the other teams in the league then it's hardly surprising the position they are in. They will have to overhaul the roster dramatically

True. Some might say the London Broncos who 'surprisingly' (not me though, you get what you get) - beat Toronto to get promoted to super league, are currently on the bottom of the ladder.

So SL is a big step up and IF Toronto get there they will need everyone to sort themselves out and get it right.

We're well aware they're not liked that much in the UK. It's understandable when big money clubs are playing mostly semi professionals, but Toronto have to earn their place like everyone else from third division and hopefully continue upwards..

Sat'dee filler news until the big Manly v storm game.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-to-enjoy-home-advantage-through-2019-playoffs/

Toronto Wolfpack’s victory against Widnes Vikings has secured top spot in the standings.

The playoff format spans 4 rounds over 4 weekends, with the Wolfpack now assured top seed the team will receive a bye in round 1 and then take to Lamport Stadium for the 2nd semi-final on September 21st or 22nd against the winner of the previous weekend’s Qualifying final (2 vs. 3).
A victory there would reward the Toronto side with a two week break before returning to the Den for an all-or-nothing Championship playoff final with Super League promotion awarded to the winner.

The playoff final has been confirmed for Saturday October 5th with a kickoff time of 2.30pm EST.

However, a loss in the 2nd semi-final would then result in the Wolfpack hosting the preliminary final on the following weekend (September 28th or 29th), also played at Lamport Stadium.
The loser of this game will be eliminated while the winner goes on to take their place in the playoff final.
If the Wolfpack emerge victorious from the preliminary final they would host the final in Toronto thanks to their status as top seed.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/wolfpack-proud-to-support-haldimand-wolfpack-rlfc/

Toronto Wolfpack are proud to be supporting a Full80 initiative put together by the Haldimand Wolfpack RLFC. The family-friendly, community based not-for-profit rugby club hails from rural south western Ontario and were formed earlier this year.

The club was created as a way to further the growth of rugby league in the immediate and surrounding communities of Haldimand County and Six Nations of the Grand River.

Round 23
Toronto Wolfpack (1) at Bradford Bulls (7)
Odsal stadium.

Hiya champs!
This week Toronto have their final away game for the season and they are up against a tough and desperate Bradford side.

Bradford are 7th on 25 points and only 3 points from the top 5.
Toronto are 1st on 42 points and have wrapped up the 'minor premiership.'

Some Toronto changes:
Hakim Miloudi is in as fullback for Gareth O’brien. Who is on the bench (which seems weird).

Josh McCrone is having a rest and Blake Wallace with his peroxide hair-do gets a run.
The leagues top scorer, winger Matty Russell (who I think is injured) is replaced by Nick Rawsthorne.
No Darcy Lussick at all. I wonder if border security stopped him again?

There's a nice looking Canadian lady in the stands and the cameraman seems desperate for her to turn around so we can see her face judging by the 2 mins the camera has been on her. A throwback to the early days of spot the hottie.

First half:

Bulls to kick off.

1st min: A mistake free first set gets the Wolfpack to the Bulls 40 metre line. Good pressure on the kicker, but Mellor gets away a low one down to the try line.

Wow, one of the corners of the field (Wolfpack's left hand side) has a rise to it that the crusty demons of dirt could jump off. Crazy!

Wait...it’s ok, it’s at both ends of the field, it’s like they are playing in an oval shaped bowl. Must be a blast when it rains.

4th min: Penalty Bulls. A high shot (across the shoulder, Sir!) from the Wolfpack prop Mullally gives the Bulls good field position but they throw a forward pass on the second tackle. Bulls chancing their arm here. They probably have too but I reckon there will be a lot of second phase play today.

7th min: Try Toronto! Hooker Ackers makes a long break up-field, straight through the non existent markers. They go short side on the 5th tackle and a 3 on 1 means an easy try by Ricky Leutele on the left hand side. Hint of a forward pass with that last pass, and we all know what "hint" means. Blake Wallace is the kicker but the ball hits the upright and doesn’t go through. Toronto 4–0 Bradford.

8th min: Toronto make good ground in their set. As a bonus the Bulls fullback knocks the 5th tackle grubber on. Fresh set for Toronto on the Bulls 20 metre line.

9th min: And a second tackle forward pass puts paid to a promising set and actually it is a penalty against Toronto for a ‘deliberate’ forward pass. Rare but there you go. Wait, the commentators and I know nothing, it was for an obstruction. Maybe we were all confused by the guy in the crowd who yells "forward" at every single Toronto pass.

16th min: Try Bradford! After some end to end sets,Toronto knock on. The scrum is fed and then winger Hitchcock gets the ball as the first receiver. He steps off his left and there’s no one in front of him. He races 60 metres to score under the posts. Looked so simple. Bradford in front! Toronto 4-6 Bradford.

24th min: The ref has got a call from the nrl and has now blown about 5 penalties in 3 mins (it seems).

25th min: Try Bradford! Just some good running, nice support play and crisp passing allows Webster to get over the tryline dragging Toronto winger Rawsthorne with him. Good play by the Bulls. I’m not sure why Rawsthorne is even in the team actually. He seems to do sfa. Kick converted. Toronto 4-12 Bradford. Game on!

28th min: Bodene Thompson makes a great break down the left hand side. Play swings to the right but a very good try saving tackle denies Liam Kay in the right hand corner. Kay bounced the ball as well.

29th min: Try Bradford! Very lazy marker defence allows Bradford to go way up-field, and even lazier marker defence then allows captain and former Wolfpack hooker, Crossley to barge over for a try next to the left hand upright.
Oops, we have a desperate Bradford side and a flat Wolfpack team here folks. Try converted. Toronto 4-18 Bradford.

32nd min: Squirrel grip! For some reason a Bradford player Flanagan has helped himself to Miloudi’s meat and two veg. No idea why. Miloudi is unsurprisingly in some discomfort. The ref puts the ‘incident’ on report, but there’s no penalty. I thought all reportable incidents had automatic penalties given. Who knows?

40th min: Toronto are attacking the Bradford line but the defence stands tall.

Half time: Toronto 4-18 Bradford.

The Bradford crowd certainly need the half time break. Their voices will be hoarse from all the cheering, well that and the screaming "forward" at every Toronto pass.

Stats:
Bradford 53% possession with 89% completion. Toronto 47% possession and 71% completion.
5-2 penalty count in Bradford’s favour. Must be friggen nice.

Well, well, well; seems like someone has turned up to play! Toronto are making good yards with each set but are just lacking decent finish. Bradford are all guts and desperation. Good stuff.

Second Half:

43rd min: Try Toronto! A 5th tackle kick goes high, spilled by Bradford and even though it’s 6 again, three passes to the left and Leutele goes over untouched near the left hand upright. Even that one will be converted. It is. Toronto 10–18 Bradford.

Massive forward Mr. Springer is the difference for Toronto at the moment.

45th min: Try Toronto! Nothing overly special, just good metres by the forwards then Ackers makes another good darting run from dummy half, passes to Rawsthorne who scores on the left hand side. That’s the set you want after scoring a try! Blake Wallace misses an easy conversion. Is the comeback on? Well yes. Will it be successful? I dunno. Toronto 14-18 Bradford.

52nd min: Try Toronto! Well Toronto had set after set on the Bradford line and finally a harbour bridge pass by Miloudi to the right for winger Liam Kay pays off. He runs around to improve the angle (and don’t Toronto need that). Miloudi is the kicker now, and he converts. Toronto are back in the lead. Comeback successful (so far).
Toronto 20-18 Bradford.

60th min: Field goal Toronto! The Wolfpack were attacking the Bulls line but a botched 5th tackle option (which included a tunnel ball pass) saw a wild pass head back down-field; it found its way into Miloudi’s hands who decided, "Screw it, I’m going for the one point!" He has a heap of time and nails it 25 metres out. Toronto 21-18 Bradford.

A short kick off and Bradford come up with it.

63rd min: Bradford knock on when attacking the Toronto line. A let off for the Wolfpack there.

The penalties are coming for Bradford nicely now. And by nicely I mean wtf ref, sort yourself out! Must be friggen nice!

72nd min: Bradford penalty (deserved at least).

73rd min: Bradford penalty (sigh)

74th min: Bradford penalty goal! Ok ref, maybe we can footy again? Toronto 21-20 Bradford.

75th min: Bradford attempt a field goal from 45 metres out! Nope, not even close. Now Toronto get a 7 tackle set re-start from the twenty metre line.

76th min: Try Toronto! A 5th tackle bomb by Blake Wallace is caught by Rawsthorne who spins over and scores out wide. A five point lead and with the kicking today…well let’s just say Bradford aren’t out of it.

Toronto miss... Bradford aren't out of it. Toronto 25-20 Bradford

78th min: Instead of a short kick off bomb, Bradford try a kick drilled towards the sideline. Very strange. Toronto simply take the ball and start –a– runnin’.

79th min: Toronto kick for the sideline and Bulls player Ryan touches it, and the ball continues over the sideline for a Toronto feed! Is that going to be it?

80th min: Yep, that's it! A weird last set. Toronto didn’t want to run one out and wind the clock down, they went side to side in what I would describe as ‘just run one out you morons!’ Eventually Miloudi decides to go for another field goal with seconds remaining. He misses, hits the upright and the ball falls into the hands of a Bulls player. About 3 in goal passes follow but the Bulls can’t make the break they need. Toronto win!

Full time: Toronto 25 – 20 Bradford.

An entertaining game, lots of end to end action. Miloudi was certainly in the wars. A squirrel grip, a high tackle, being tackled in the air and still he found time to convert a try and kick a field goal. He played very well. Rawsthorne scored a double to show me why he is in the team (armchair coach curse, lol). Blake Wallace seemed to miss kicks, take bad 5th tackle options , and went himself far too much.

Ackers had a very good game, probably Toronto's best. All credit to Bradford, they really took it to the league leaders.

Stats:
Possession was 50 / 50.
Completion rates: 88% Bradford 79% Toronto
Penalties: 9 Bradford 4 Toronto (must be friggen nice!)

The Toronto Wolfpack are filmed in front of their fans posing for a group photo. The cameraman finally gets to see the front of that woman from before the game. He is now happy.

Anyway, another week, another win! That's seventeen in a row. This one was hard fought , especially with a few regulars out; and we’re thankful there's no injuries.

Toronto are back in Canada next week playing the York City Knights who are currently second. So it doesn’t get any easier.

As always, thanks for reading. :) :rugby:

@Harmless27

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8