Top 8?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
So the NRL draw has been released which I'm pretty happy with it apart from eels and Broncos getting the perfect draws. But after having a look I think we will be in the usual log jam about 7th to 10th if we win the games we should and we will make the 8 on for and against or we jag some wins that aren't expected. I think we will be 8th come September, 7th if we play really well and probably 10th if we don't win 2 or 3 of those probable wins. I'm pretty sure we will be in the log jam though but 8th is my prediction. What's everyone's else's thoughts on our top 8/finals prospects.

I'd be reasonably happy if we make the 8 by playing well & losing only close games ....as long as we continually improve and make the top 4 in 2018

Not having a 5/8 last year is just one of many major things that have been addressed and rectified already this offseason. DCE really suffered having to do everything for the team and took away his natural game.
The addition of much bigger forward pack and Walker starting the year in the preferred position will make the world of difference.
Last years injury toll was horrendous with the timing of them to key players didn't heap to form combinations.
Last year when everyone was fully fit in the 3rd quarter of the season, we started to get good results and start to play an exciting open brand of footy.
The draw wasn't kind to us either having 5 day turn arounds becoming the norm. Players really suffered hence the injury toll.
Given the above issues and what has unfolded recently with player recruitment, retention and a much better draw i really do feel we will be above the log jam.

For me Manly will finish 5th

6th if we don't get smashed with injuries; however, I think our depth in key positions is better than last year.

We have better depth in the halves with Cullen, better depth at fullback with Omar and Locke, plenty of back row depth - could do with one more quality prop, and I think we have the 3/4 line sorted also.

Will be disappointed if we don't make the eight.
Thinking the team will be more balanced and will gel better. Have a more favorable draw and fixed a few key positions. Barrett should be improved in his second year as well. 6th-8th finish

As a tackle hasn't been made I'll stand by my 10th position, reviewed of course after we see if they've gelled after a month or so.

TBH I'm not even expecting a win in round 1, hoping of course but not expecting.

But I think a better year than 2016, injuries permitting.

I'd be reasonably happy if we make the 8 by playing well & losing only close games ....as long as we continually improve and make the top 4 in 2018
Yep, any progress is okay by me...10th-8th
Anything else is a bonus.

5th or 6th and yes I'm being realistic. Going off of the potential this sides got. This season we will warm into a big year in 2018 nicely as long as injuries are minimal. Those stating 10th or higher please give a reason cause I see none, however if that turns out to be the case I will be more pissed than ever, go manly can't bloody wait. Our side in 2016 was considered one of the better ones (injury toll took away all potential) and we've only added to that, remember no more walker at 5/8, he's gonna go back to being himself at centre, we should have less injuries of which was our downfall in 2016 and as I mentioned we have plenty of potential in players such as lane, Sironen, Uate, Locke, Kelly and Meehan/Hoppa

5th or 6th and yes I'm being realistic. Going off of the potential this sides got. This season we will warm into a big year in 2018 nicely as long as injuries are minimal. Those stating 10th or higher please give a reason cause I see none, however if that turns out to be the case I will be more pissed than ever, go manly can't bloody wait. Our side in 2016 was considered one of the better ones and we've only added to that, remember no more walker at 5/8, he's gonna go back to being himself at centre, we should have less injuries of which was our downfall in 2016 and as I mentioned we have plenty of potential in players such as lane, Sironen, Uate, Locke, Kelly and Meehan/Hoppa

As much as @tookey is full of doom, he is correct in pointing out the fact we are light on in the centres.

Fullback and wing I believe are well covered, but if Matai is out, we are relying on Walker coming good and one or more of our "potentials standing up. And with the exception of Parker and Wright, none are centres.

I think our pack will perform well, top 8 material.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we finish in the 8, and will take back all the bad things I've said about Barrett. I still think we'll be 10-14.

I dont like our roster, its just not good enough.

Sorry guys, I will be happy with 10th.
I think you're a betting man and I happened to see the off-season prices, we are only listed ahead of Tigers, Illawarra and Knights.
Level with Dogs and Titans.
So the money doesn't think we'll be close to the 8.
However things can change very quickly once the season starts, I expect us to sneak into the 8*
*(based only on the fact my whole life I've usually enjoyed good luck)

I think you're a betting man and I happened to see the off-season prices, we are only listed ahead of Tigers, Illawarra and Knights.
Level with Dogs and Titans.
So the money doesn't think we'll be close to the 8.
However things can change very quickly once the season starts, I expect us to sneak into the 8*
*(based only on the fact my whole life I've usually enjoyed good luck)

The bookies are very rarely wrong!!

Remember well, I've said 10th, and do not think I'll be too far off the money!!

The same bookies that had us 2nd favourite at the start of this year?

Now was that the bookies or was that the sports journo's??

Apart from Matthew Elliott most of the journo's had us top 4

But I can't remember the bookies having similar odds!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2