Top 5 Favourite Players ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Current Manly players

Taupau
AFB
T. Trbojevic
DCE
Siro

Past Manly players

Mark Carroll
Menzies
Jamie Lyon
Matai
Toovey

Current Non Manly players

Finucane
Addo-Carr
Kikau
Taumololo
RTSheck

Who are your Top 5 Manly players and why ?

Does not have to be the Best players - your favourite players...

Also out of interest - 5 Favourite players from other teams...

Manly -
1) Tom T - Just Amazing to watch on the field and a modest bloke to top it off.
2) Jake T - Lights up the field in his own way and also the Ultimate ambassador for Manly.
3) AFB - This Monster owns the middle and is still improving which is scary.
4) DCE - Cops it off the media, but I rate him big time...will prove plenty wrong by careers end imo.
5) Sirro - This bloke has much untapped potential and when he plays direct and tough is a Match winner

Others -
1) Addo Carr - The need for Speed, lightning in the open and plenty on the Highlight reel.
2) Cam Murray - Not big, but solid, quick and powerful, can destroy the ruck with leg speed and hits damn hard.
3) Maumolo - Typical Monster NZ winger...Big, fast, loves his footy - great to watch.
4) Cotric - Top player with all the assets for a Quality footy player - can make plays happen with energy/ability.
5) Kikau - You called 'Impact" this is it in human form - blockbusting runner who will carry 4 over from 10m out.
Cam Murray is certainly a champion. Don't rate Maumalo.

Current side:
DCE - the fact that everyone outside Manly hates him, just makes me love him more and that is what Manly is all about.
Jake T - Champion in all facets of the game
AFB - Beast
Joel Thompson - Bruiser
Taufua - embodies the Manly culture and is a beast

I don't care much for flair...outside of Chez, all my favourite players are the mental kamikaze style...

Don't really think this current squad has that stand out kind of favourite player that brings fans through the gates like the past era---just feels like another squad of players.

Don't really think this current squad has that stand out kind of favourite player that brings fans through the gates like the past era---just feels like another squad of players.
But....do you kind of appreciate any...a bit....this side is not far off challenging for a GF - Then will you like any of them

Current manly players
AFB, Turbo, Walker, Haumole, Sironen

Past manly players
Matai, Beaver, Lyon, B Stewart, Hicks

Non manly players
Villiame Kikau, TPJ, Harawira Naera, Reimis Smith, Waqa Blake

Current - Marty AFB Tommy Jake Sirro

Past - Randall Eadie Russell Gartner Ronny Gibbs Johnny Gibbs

other teams RTS Morgan Rapana Ryan James CNK

But....do you kind of appreciate any...a bit....this side is not far off challenging for a GF - Then will you like any of them
No-one really stands out, i guess the older one becomes the less connected you feel to the next generation, especially character wise.

Even though Api's ball distribution is not always great from Dummy half(has improved this year along with Fainu) i love his energy in attack and defence. Also pressuring from the inside to reduce the ball playing time is very important either preventing a lateral spread or making the spread less effective.(you need high energy fit defenders to continuously be pressuring to pull this off)

Taufua for his link to the past era and strong carries, but he can be frustrating also.

I like Marty's individual personality just wish he would run with more directness, picking his moments for second phase play better----sometimes it comes across that he is thinking about the offload more than the yardage.

In the past a big fan of Matai(so under-rated) especially with his leadership by actions approach, would sacrifice himself to lift the momentum for the whole squad and turn games. Matthew Ridge once again for his leadership and smarts and obviously Cliff Lyons who really should be respected more in terms of great Manly players, basically through his ball playing alone kept Manly in contention for over a decade and also made Manly still worth watching during the start of our struggle years.

Also Jamie Lyon and Craig Innes both classy players in their own ways.

Last edited:
No-one really stands out, i guess the older one becomes the less connected you feel to the next generation, especially character wise.

Even though Api's ball distribution is not always great from Dummy half(has improved this year along with Fainu) i love his energy in attack and defence. Also pressuring from the inside to reduce the ball playing time is very important either preventing a lateral spread or making the spread less effective.(you need high energy fit defenders to continuously be pressuring to pull this off)

Taufua for his link to the past era and strong carries, but he can be frustrating also.

I like Marty's individual personality just wish he would run with more directness, picking his moments for second phase play better----sometimes it comes across that he is thinking about the offload more than the yardage.

In the past a big fan of Matai(so under-rated) especially with his leadership by actions approach, would sacrifice himself to lift the momentum for the whole squad and turn games. Matthew Ridge once again for his leadership and smarts and obviously Cliff Lyons who really should be respected more in terms of great Manly players, basically through his ball playing alone kept Manly in contention for over a decade and also made Manly still worth watching during the start of our struggle years.

I do enjoy Siro's line running, has broken the shackles and won Manly games by his great running lines that more players should take note of.

Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Terry Hill
Michael Robertson
Brett Stewart

Oh if we are talking about the top Manly players of all time (well at least since I started watching in 1965) then my list is

Cliff Lyons
Brett Stewart
Jonny Gibbs
Tom Trbojevic
Bob Fulton

special mention
Steve Menzies
Crusher Cleal
DCE

Your back Tc - Love when u give a summary- generally deep plus accurate, not always agree - but that’s why its a forum
Good your back mate - keep involved- always appreciate your opinions

Your back Tc - Love when u give a summary- generally deep plus accurate, not always agree - but that’s why its a forum
Good your back mate - keep involved- always appreciate your opinions
Did i leave?

Ah ok back to starting new threads with an over emphasis on grid lines, spacing, correct lines etc etc and making sure my comments are not misconstrued or twisted like what happened in the past.

Only hit me recently that my details were leaked several years ago, no idea why i didn't twig on it earlier.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10