Top 30 spots tightening up ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So far I have heard discussed in the threads the following 35 names as being either in or possible of being in our top 30 squad this year .... given that I believe we are allowed 5 development players .... are we looking for one more to replace Musgrove .... or do you think a couple named may miss out ??? ... is there still a smokey in the wings unannounced or will we wait until the March 30 deadline before finalising ....

Have I missed anybody ??

Who will be the development players is interesting ..... given that they can't be used until later in the season which will suit probably Hoppa, Shuster, Turbo mK111, Metcalf etc ...

Tom Turbo
Jorge
Parker
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Kapow
Fainu
AFB
Siro
Thommo
Jake
GoJetski
Keppie
Paseka
Boyle
Waddell
Shipley
Guacomole
Elliot
Funa
T-Rex
Hoppa
Shuster
Turbo MK111
Croker
Cust
Metcalf
Ipape
Zac Saddler
Docker Clay
Sam Smith
Jade Anderson
Edit .. Miski

Last edited:
The hooker and replacement fullback spots are still the areas of concern to me ..... whilst we have high hopes for some of the young blokes like Hoppa or Funa stepping up .....and Elliott does a tradesmans job .... I still wonder if another import is on Dessie's radar ....

I also think that Croker, Cust, Metcalf, Ipape, Docker Clay is one more than required ..... and Jade Anderson surplus to requirements ....

Relax people .... there is 4 months to go before we have to name a top squad .... I am sure Dessie is still wrestling with about 10 possibles V probables .....

A part from a list of contracted players .... why would you be making decisions on your top 30 ... 4 months before you had to ....

Fukken millenials and your instant gratification worldview .... the club will announce their top squad when they want to ....

mumble mumble moan piss ... bloody numbnuts !

So far I have heard discussed in the threads the following 34 names as being either in or possible of being in our top 30 squad this year .... given that I believe we are allowed 5 development players .... are we looking for one more to replace Musgrove .... or do you think a couple named may miss out ??? ... is there still a smokey in the wings unannounced or will we wait until the March 30 deadline before finalising ....

Have I missed anybody ??

Who will be the development players is interesting ..... given that they can't be used until later in the season which will suit probably Hoppa, Shuster, Turbo mK111, Metcalf etc ...

Tom Turbo
Jorge
Parker
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Kapow
Fainu
AFB
Siro
Thommo
Jake
GoJetski
Keppie
Paseka
Boyle
Waddell
Shipley
Guacomole
Elliot
Funa
T-Rex
Hoppa
Shuster
Turbo MK111
Croker
Cust
Metcalf
Ipape
Zac Saddler
Docker Clay
Sam Smith
Jade Anderson
Nice looking squad.

Spots sure are tightening up! According to lots of reports there would only be about -7 spots available as of now

So far I have heard discussed in the threads the following 34 names as being either in or possible of being in our top 30 squad this year .... given that I believe we are allowed 5 development players .... are we looking for one more to replace Musgrove .... or do you think a couple named may miss out ??? ... is there still a smokey in the wings unannounced or will we wait until the March 30 deadline before finalising ....

Have I missed anybody ??

Tom Turbo
Jorge
Parker
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Kapow
Fainu
AFB
Siro
Thommo
Jake
GoJetski
Keppie
Paseka
Boyle
Waddell
Shipley
Guacomole
Elliot
Funa
T-Rex
Hoppa
Shuster
Turbo MK111
Croker
Cust
Metcalf
Ipape
Zac Saddler
Docker Clay
Sam Smith
Jade Anderson
Isnt Miski in development squad? From all reports he is a beast at training and if he can work on his speed and Des develops his game then could be as smokey.

You should never ever lock it all in during the pre season. Young players develop significantly from season to season and a big effort during the off season brings significant changes to size, strength, durability and mobility. plus training with the top players brings them to another level. I hope these guys smash training during the off season then anything is possible.

I think there will be 1, if not 2 outside backs to debut in 2020 and based on ability, likely to stay....thing is....who will retain positions.....based on 2019 it won't be that the players replaced are bad or in poor form, more just the pure ability of this crop of Manly's youngsters that Must be given a shot....

I think there will be 1, if not 2 outside backs to debut in 2020 and based on ability, likely to stay....thing is....who will retain positions.....based on 2019 it won't be that the players replaced are bad or in poor form, more just the pure ability of this crop of Manly's youngsters that Must be given a shot....
@Snake alluded to the possibility of Schuster playing in the centres... then there’s Hoppa (if he can get his body right) Elliot, Funa, Miski, young Trbojevic and Smith who look like they will be fighting it out to be next in line.

Dessie tends to be fairly conservative with his selections, so I’d imagine our Rd one 1-7 will be the same as it was for the second half of last season and he’ll tinker with it along the way.

I think we can give the competition a red hot crack next season... even without Fainu.

I just clicked on Zerotackle for the first time in ages, and for some reason it went straight to the 'shortest and tallest players' page. Seems that our new boy Zac Saddler is the equal tallest player in the comp, along with Nelson "don't-glass-my-friends" Asofa-Solomona... 6'7"!

He's no string-bean either, judging by the pics from the members xmas party. Will be a very big unit in a year or two...

@Snake alluded to the possibility of Schuster playing in the centres... then there’s Hoppa (if he can get his body right) Elliot, Funa, Miski, young Trbojevic and Smith who look like they will be fighting it out to be next in line.

Dessie tends to be fairly conservative with his selections, so I’d imagine our Rd one 1-7 will be the same as it was for the second half of last season and he’ll tinker with it along the way.

I think we can give the competition a red hot crack next season... even without Fainu.
I think your pretty right in the sense Des likes that familiar side, so he knows exactly what to expect from them and what he will get, but have a suspicion with the huge junior talent now on the selection block, there may be some who seriously push for a shot through both training and trials.
As for Schuster, who is no doubt a Massive talent is primarily a 5/8 or backrower and feel the chance of seeing Hoppa, depending on recovery or young Turbo, more likely as outside back options.
Agree will give the Comp a shake with this squad with the Power pack and the likes of Turbo, DCE and Walker hovering about...and the player who lit up Manly as the number 1 strike weapon by the end of 2019 - big Suli.....

I don’t think we’ll see Burbo in 1st’s this year but young Hoppa and Schuster are ‘probables’.

It may be time for Jorge to make the move to the back row. He seems to have lost speed and under the high ball he is a weakness. But, he has great carries and there’s no doubting his defence and he’d scare the hell out of a lot of forwards. He could become another Rambo Gibbs type, who also started in the backline.

I don’t think Schuster will debut in the forwards, but rather at 5/8 and Walker will move to the centre, his best position. Young Hoppa could replace Jorge and cover Turbo as well as Elliott.

There’s a heap of other talent in the 30 so it’s going to be very competitive and an exciting year.

I think we’ll make the semis in 2020 and win it in 2021 or at latest 2022.. and maybe both the latter. After that, we’ll be screwed with the salary cap and have to wait another 5 years.

Dessie tends to be fairly conservative with his selections
I think your pretty right in the sense Des likes that familiar side
Des is a little old-school, he tends to pick his best side then back his judgement and wait for them to come good.
Has the advantage that players know they have the confidence of the coach.
Very important in developing teamwork. Team stability is great for team bonding, too.
However he does allow form to push through and grab a spot (Glen Hall) and he does allow young talent to push through (Foran, Wolfman, T Rex, Will Hoppa).
It's a successful strategy. We have a plethora of young talent champing at the bit, those who force his hand will get a chance but probably only one or two, the others will have to wait for injury etc to get their opportunity.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4